Jack Monroe #117 Exit through the grift slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We only had prawns once a year we were so POOR.
It's more because it was fashionable and freezer stores became a thing in the early 70s as more people bought one. Somebody with a bunch of kids, the money and the space would have bought a chest freezer and filled it with [casts mind back] frozen chicken, legs of lamb, peas, green beans, bags of Cod in Parsley Sauce for when you were feeling a bit peaky and if there was space, a couple of packs of strawberry mousses. And the real Good Lifers would put runner beans from the garden in them. A bag of frozen prawns became something to pick up at the same time as the frozen Turkey in late November.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Yes and I love plenty of black pepper to the extent that it's one of my lottery fantasies to open a restaurant where they leave the big pepper grinder on the table instead of the waiter allocating your ration. Jack has brought the whole POBP community into disrepute with her antics.
Babe, SAME x

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I note the use of grapefruit.....a warning should be put in there for anyone on certain medications ( including SSRIs and Warfarin ) to avoid grapefruit as it interferes with metabolism of many drugs....surely Jack would be aware of this as she is on medication for her adhd? 🤔
To be fair, I think it's down to people on medication to manage what they can and can't have. I wouldn't expect a chef to provide caveats for all ingredient that may interfere with medications or medical conditions.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Lol at including 2 Del Monte products amongst all the smart price stuff. If you think I’ve got anything better to do than recost this using own brand tinned fruit then you don’t know me very well.
I think she started paving the way for this a few weeks ago mentioning smart price tinned fruit was disappearing. I’ve never had trouble getting it. Maybe I’m wrong. Who knows with J

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Method: divide between 4 bowls. Wow I never knew how to make prawn cocktail before today but thankfully this Christmas I can have one for starters😂
Yep this is particularly half-arsed even by Jack’s standards.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I bet this is the face she pulls while she grunkas. View attachment 343971
Where, oh where is that balding patch at her temples that she keeps going on about. I have rarely seen such thick hair, it probably needs thinning out or layering to make it more manageable. I feel sorry for anyone who really does have thinning hair who then compares their hair to hers. It really could tip someone vulnerable over the edge. She is so dangerous to so many susceptible people.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Because it has intrigued me as to why the Express doesn't have her on their website I've just looked at their Twitter.
My god they really do like the royals don't they? And Brexit. They really, really love Brexit..

Anyways, nothing on Jack. Absolutely zilch. You'd have thought at least a tweet tagging her. Nope, nothing.
They have a bizarre article about James Martin that they've tweeted at least 6 times today and something about Rod Stewart but cock all about Jack.
It's almost like they don't want to talk about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
700g of turkey is not enough for 6 people. I say this as someone who is very much always looking to eat less meat. If she bought a whole organic and free range chicken, she’d then be able to make non-revolting gravy with the juices. (1.5kgs £15 from Riverford organic) I always stuff my chicken with herbs, onion, citrus, and smother in butter and salt and pepper. My gravy and the chicken are proper chefs kiss, and I don’t need to use more ingredients on top 😘 potatoes either goose fat or oil... not bleeping lard. I also roast vegetables on the edges of the chicken roasting tray, which must save washing up, fuel energy, and money on more oil and dressings. One day I’d love to write up and cost my “luxury” organic roast. I bet it’s not much difference in cost and would actually feed six people 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.