Jack Monroe #117 Exit through the grift slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
O
Riddle me this, dear Herr and Frau, when did Jack state she was removing all Amazon affiliates links? Well, the very recently published dried mushrooms how-to has a hyperlink to none other than a little boutique called Amazon for baking trays. View attachment 343845View attachment 343847
Oops! To be fair, this was published in 2018. I thought because she had said somewhere recently she was writing *a thing* about dehydrating mushrooms that this was that thing. Naughty me, should have been FORENSIC!

Reactions: 14
Lol at including 2 Del Monte products amongst all the smart price stuff. If you think I’ve got anything better to do than recost this using own brand tinned fruit then you don’t know me very well.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Thank you @MancBee

I’m not sure how I feel about the leftover veggie peelings being used to make the vegan stuffing? I guess it’s good not to waste things but it feels a bit like the vegans are being punished

• Haha
Reactions: 50
diagnosed as gifted 😂

why can't she ever just use oil instead of lard? Every single one of those recipes has lard in it. Also, 2 hours for roast potatoes is insane...and final thing, you need to let yorkshire pudding batter stand for at least an hour! Argh. She's crap.
LOL I was running ahead to post the same thing. DIAGNOSED AS #GIFTED lmao.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Interesting the del Monte canned fruits are specified, you would definitely recommend the best value for budget shoppers, not be influenced by who paid you, right....

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
As a Northerner that "gravy" offends me with every fibre of my being. Onions, lard, margarine, cranberry sauce????

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
Ffs. Lard??? Why the duck lard, why the duck boiled onions, why the duck tinned mandarins????!!!

Im really sorry, she is taking the piss out of us, and angry or person who actually makes that.

Why not slow cook your onions in oil and a small amount of butter (for flavour) until they're caramelised and delicious. Most people don't buy lard, so offset the price of buying it against a block of butter.

Jack, a pack of butter is about £1.48, just buy a bloody pack, come on its Christmas

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
yes! also, this list is for people who are on a 20 pound budget for christmas day yet she expects them to own a small powerful blender to make this gravy
It's almost an onion soup recipe. Not French Onion Soup, as that requires flour, more of a Blended Onion Broth. Which could be edible, theoretically; but it's not bleeping gravy. To get the sweet & savoury though, you'd need to slice and soften about 10-15 onions for hours before adding stock before probably not having enough for the whole family. A blender (unless she has a Vitamix) won't cook them, so they're just boiled onion paste, watered down with Oxo.

Tub of Bisto is 74p in ASDA according to the internet right now.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.