Jack Monroe #114 i, slopbot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else find that account’s claims slightly suspect? I went and had a snoop and it’s a brand new account, to be scammed by the top Twitter grifter of 2020 you’d likely have been on Twitter for some time, £1.5k is a lot of money to donate to someone, even if you were dishing out £100 pcm that’s 15 months of time? Surely if you wanted your cash back you’d be using your legit account & not give a duck that you were identifiable...
Given how Jack likes to set her hounds on people, I'd use an alt too.
Jack could always DM and get the proper details to repay her.

Reactions: 36
Well it’s easy enough to go through the PayPal and see who gave money...then see who gave 1452

I can’t believe terminator squiggle came up with CONroe and us ninny’s didn’t

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Jack has been around for years now, I think it’s quite possible that someone generous enough could have given that amount over time.
I know that, but that would also mean the accuser would have an established Twitter account. Doing this anonymously makes no sense if they’re pursuing a refund, which would have to go to an account in their name? It gives the claim absolutely no credibility... there’s no receipts of anything, they’ve not even mentioned the vehicles for donations (eg long term Patreon, PayPal, Kickstarter, etc)? It’s super shady.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Will someone please disable her emoji keyboard?
🔊 SHAN’T!!!

Ugh now I’m in two minds about terminator squiggle too. It’s a shame if it‘s not legit, I think Private Eye would have a field day with oor Jackie’s exploits.

Laughing away to myself at “fannies“ and ”beavers”!

If anyone’s got 47 seconds, this clip of Brian Blessed swearing is a HOOT!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Does anyone else find that account’s claims slightly suspect? I went and had a snoop and it’s a brand new account, to be scammed by the top Twitter grifter of 2020 you’d likely have been on Twitter for some time, £1.5k is a lot of money to donate to someone, even if you were dishing out £100 pcm that’s 15 months of time? Surely if you wanted your cash back you’d be using your legit account & not give a duck that you were identifiable...
Yes, with receipts of the payments which would have her bang to rights

• Heart
Reactions: 30
If terminator squiggle is a fake, she’s still bringing attention to Laura’s article. Between Laura’s article and our receipts the real story is Conroe.

Reactions: 25
If terminator squiggle is a fake, she’s still bringing attention to Laura’s article. Between Laura’s article and our receipts the real story is Conroe.
But if it’s not true it just makes people who call Jack out look daft sadly

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I think if any of us have proven a thing here it's that you always need those receipts. Otherwise it's just your word against theirs. And if you're anonymous with no receipts and hardly any followers then who is going to look like the baddie? 🤷

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I assume if they were emailing private eye then they would ask for proof?
I have little faith that anyone would genuinely pick it up as a story, they would need her full financial information to go on with it. It’s not so clear cut as someone pretending to be a different colour or dying.
I will live in hope though....

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I’ve just had a look at that account and they’ve only used it once, so not sure it’s really on its way to the lofty heights of iconic nickname status.

Also, @heretoreaditall2019 and @Alansbigplate definitely agree re it all being a bit shady.
My issue is that she’s someone who is supposedly naive probably older whose kids would be cross if they found out. However she’s not naive cos she’s switched on enough to read through the lines of the article and respond the same day by creating a whole new Twitter and tweet it to various publications. One of these things is not like the other

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
My issue is that she’s someone who is supposedly naive probably older whose kids would be cross if they found out. However she’s not naive cos she’s switched on enough to read through the lines of the article and respond the same day by creating a whole new Twitter and tweet it to various publications. One of these things is not like the other
I wonder what her kids do?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
The Conroe thing just makes me think of the person who kept trying to make Cack Monroe happen. 🤦🏼‍♀️

The Smeg tweet suggests that it's someone who's been following these threads for a while.

Honestly, these single issue Twitter accounts do more harm than good. They give fuel to the pursued-by-trolls narrative (see also: Denim Sue, that Coven Convenor person, this new one that's Pfestis or something, that human centipede weirdo who was at it for a while, and many more).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
If it's OK by @traumatised sideboard you could use a screen grab?
I have no issue with people from here using Slopbot images for their own (nefarious, as per cabal regulations) purposes, so long as you're not making money off it yourself which - I would have to assume given who we're all here to discuss - you would never. Nothing actively hateful either like adding 'Jack is a bleep' text; Slopbot is chaotic good at heart and I've deliberately not mentioned her by name or done any SEO on the site.

I see we're back to Reminiscing About Sweets (despite having given up sugar) Jack. Is Corner Shop Jack about to make a swift re-appearance? Let's prepare for more thrilling topics such as 'remember when Starburst were Opal Fruits?' and 'how good were Panda Pops?'.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.