Jack Monroe #114 i, slopbot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those look like Buffalo trainers to me.

(My stompy, make me taller gigging faves from my early gig going days)

Reactions: 14
Forget that "I'm not poor" Tweet and eat these reheated potatoes. Tip jar on the blog. You couldn't give her a red neck with a blowtorch.

Screenshot 2020-12-05 at 01.33.48.png

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 42
A couple of quid 😐 it all adds up doesn’t it?
Also really enjoying a clothes warehouse in Bangladesh tweeting Jack pairs of really boring trousers to Jack with no context 😂

View attachment 334617View attachment 334618View attachment 334619
I love this no-context trousers thing. I mean, the account is exactly what it says on the tin, right? Fashion Approach: randomly throwing clothes at people since 2020.

'Some people have an ADHD coach'.
This middle class Tory private health woman has lost her grip on reality.
This is another smolrobot thingy, isn't it? Chaosbot? Stropbot? Maybe she's got a whole wall of sentient drawing life-coaches.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Forget that "I'm not poor" Tweet and eat these reheated potatoes. Tip jar on the blog. You couldn't give her a red neck with a blowtorch.

View attachment 335394
It doesn’t matter how often she retweets that appalling overwritten histrionic “Potatoes” bollocks, it just isn’t happening is it.
And her desperation to cling onto Marcus’s coattails is getting truly embarrassing.

Reactions: 36
Fraus, ADHD coaches are a real thing, they don’t cost the earth and can really help.
They’re also a viable option rather than medication.
Bashing ADHD coaches is like saying people with depression shouldn’t ever have counselling they should just take antidepressants.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I’ve never heard of an ADHD coach. The statement thing by friends and families is rather maverick too. I’ve seen dozens of young people get diagnosed over the years and it’s always with questionnaires, The Conors is one they seem to use at the moment. The psychiatrist is looking to meet diagnostic criteria so maybe the statements would help but there are far simpler ways to do this than ‘write a statement about me but I’m not telling you why’.
That statement thing just doesn't ring true at all. If I asked people to write statements about me with no context - even if I said 'about what I'm like to be around' or something like that - they'd say stuff like: irritable but generally kind, disappears into her own head, craves solitude, overthinker, quirky sense of humour, quick-witted, language-focused, blah blah blah. ( 🔺!!!) All true and reasonable responses to a vague question but NO HELP AT ALL IN DIAGNOSING A COMPLEX NEURODEVELOPMENTAL CONDITION.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I just did my first SlopBot! Hold me, Fraus. This thing is a dopamine machine and I have work to do! You lot are the absolute best.

SlopBot.jpg

• Haha
Fraus, ADHD coaches are a real thing, they don’t cost the earth and can really help.
Bashing ADHD coaches is like saying people with depression shouldn’t ever have counselling they should just take antidepressants.
I strongly agree with your last sentence there, but until ADHD coaches are available on the NHS, in the same way that counselling is, it’s not the same. And I really wish it was, trust me!
I just think that’s why it’s a sore point when JM just casually mentions/advises that some people get ADHD coaching, when in reality, it’s (in my opinion/circumstance) really not affordable. I‘ve attached an example. I really hope I’m wrong @HotesTilaire ! x

ETA - I really don’t mean this post in a snarky way, Hotes, you’re so lovely, I just really hope there is some kind of affordable, additional support available out there for myself and the other ADHD fraus here.
6E501986-2DB1-4FC1-97F0-BFC038117CF4.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
What is The Scotsman article many of you referring to? I’m trying to find the title if it

Reactions: 8
Thank you for this. I had absolutely no idea. And take on (side)board the reminder to swing the flippancy baton with less abandon. It's not as if there isn't plenty of proper fodder for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Spam and clam! Slopbot trying to make the recipes rhyme now😂
5C5E774D-C3C5-40B0-8F4B-6F09A1E270A3.jpeg

Found this book on amazon whilst looking at gift ideas and the recipes, looks like Jack is trying to get all in their niche. The recipes can't be anywhere as bad as hers though.
90752973-2B52-46CF-8CC9-F65578046330.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
When I worked in the UK it wasn’t something I came across- one of the reasons I left a few years ago was because of austerity- 🔺I worked in struggling schools in poor areas and all the good things CAHMS, Sure Strart, LEA advisors got stopped. It’s really hard to know that services would really work with a family or young person and to not have them available any more.

I am fully expecting ADHD coaches to become a thing here in the Middle East now- people will pay astonishing amounts of money for all sorts of services.

Reactions: 25
Spam and clam! Slopbot trying to make the recipes rhyme now😂
Maybe it's become sentient, joined forces with the mirror. Desperately trying for its first thread title.

On which note, my chaos brain keeps trying to make something out with: Terminator Squiggle & "I'll Be Jack" but no dice. Just putting it out there in case one of you clever clogs can make it happen.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
If there were threads online about me that had reams of receipts for inconsistencies and grifting, I’d be laying low. She has reason for all of the performance. Who is it for?

I wish Jack would just step back from an online presence and realise that not everything needs to be documentated. She can live a life she enjoys without needing an audience that hang off her every word.

It makes no sense. She even attempted to insert herself here for an AMA. I think she enjoys the attention she garners here, aswell as Twitter 😕

• Heart
I’ll put my negative cards on the table. Nothing is going to happen. Her brand is now her mental health and anything negative is now trolling and as the article pointed out there is no regulation or right to reply so it’s her blue ticked word against nasty trolls.

Her trolling ordeal will then only further her career. I know all of this yet continue to be fascinated/jealous of her big shiny balls.

ETA - She’s put the podcast screenshot on Instagram too. Shameless.

View attachment 335242View attachment 335244View attachment 335245View attachment 335246View attachment 335247View attachment 335248View attachment 335250

View attachment 335253View attachment 335254

View attachment 335255View attachment 335256

View attachment 335258
Surely even casual followers must pick up on the uncharacteristic nice-ness, I mean this is unprecedented! I don’t think anything will come of it either but it’s definitely rattled her. Not enough to change the way she operates though I wouldn’t think

Reactions: 29
“come with me if you want to give” [rattles tip jar]

Maybe it's become sentient, joined forces with the mirror. Desperately trying for its first thread title.

On which note, my chaos brain keeps trying to make something out with: Terminator Squiggle & "I'll Be Jack" but no dice. Just putting it out there in case one of you clever clogs can make it happen.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Love how in her IG stories Gi has shared a lot of congratulatory posts (from people who were actually vocal in their support of her throughout the series and encouraged people to vote) but not Jack's disingenuous last-minute one. I reckon Gi's got the measure of her.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.