Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SMRT

It may only be €5 + VAT but it's the principal.
I think the "sure it's only a few euro" mentality has made them quite rich. Take your hard-earned money and spend in on yourself, put it to a charity or fund deserving creators

• Heart
Reactions: 48

lurker306

Nobody said the phrase couldn’t be used, all someone said was wow. Then someone asked why did you say wow? Then a few of us simply explained why the phrase makes us feel a certain way. No big deal guys honestly say what u want just be mindful x
Ps you’re literally dumb if you say the phrase has nothing to do with suicide. “Give her enough rope and she’ll hang herself” come on guys I’m not reaching here you can all see the mental image lol

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48

SMRT

With the whole repeal thing in my personal experience I actually didn’t vote I am all for girls doing whatever they want with their body, but myself personally I’d never have an abortion so I didn’t vote because why should I say no & take away anyone else’s rights to do so & why should I vote yes when it’s something I don’t personally agree with 🤔
You don't support people's rights to choose, because you didn't vote to enable people to have choice. You either want people to have choice or you don't. It sounds like your feelings on the matter were conflicted so you didn't vote, which is fair enough I guess. No harm done, the right decision was made by the majority regardless.

Reactions: 46

almas

And why do people think it was some kind of remodelling. I think she bought some new furniture - thats it. Its not like she was knocking through walls!!
She stated a few times that the apartment was being renovated 🙈😅 the walls are still white - it seems like the only major change was she got a new sofa and wooden flooring. When I see that pic I imagine all her old furniture and possessions that were in the living room are on the other side of the room. I do think the one corner we have seen is nice but it’s pretty standard ‘urban outfitters’ style interiors. It’s amusing that people are suggesting she should get into interior design because she got a neon light sign for the wall 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 46

Smg12

Chatty Member
Just to be clear, J wasn't lead down a stray path, she's an extremely astute business person and was mates with L prior to the pod. Prior to starting the pod they'd fallen out and didn't speak for a number of years. J knew that L being explosive is entertaining and was happy to build a career around packaging that for the consumption of others. Everyone gives J a considerable amount of sympathy here for professionally handling the situation, but consider that the product they were selling was L's life and what that means.

L's clearly a vulnerable person with a massive audience. Her life and all its ups and downs are broadcast in a very public way while J's are not. J could quietly disappear and take up another career, L's career is sharing her entire life online. She is fully locked in to doing this and will never have a normal job, even if she wanted to. Sure she didn't have the same financial difficulties other single mothers have, but she's had an extremely emotionally difficult life. She's grown up in a super strict born again cult. She was basically forced into an arranged marriage at 19 to a shithead who didn't want anything to do with his son. She was robbed of a normal adolescence and adulthood, and her own agency. Despite it all she's come out being able to make light of this and tell her story in a funny and compelling way. Sure J handled all the mechanics of running the podcast, but Itgalz is intrinsically about L's life. It's her ups and downs that's the heart of the show. So it makes sense for L to buy J out and continue it on.
I’ve said it before but all of Jenny’s ups and downs were also publicly broadcast, she just doesn’t have as many! There’s plenty of very private information she’s shared that’s thrown in her face constantly (like cheating on Michael)... just because she isn’t as chaotic doesn’t mean she hasn’t shared a lot

Reactions: 45

orla1989

I’m not Jenny ( cos I know what I’m gonna say next ye will think I am 🤣🤣🤣🤣), but it has taken me forever to catch up on this thread ( thanks gal I enjoyed every page! Excellent reading! 10/10) but I’m shocked that people are saying that in an earlier thread a lot of people thought L was better looking than Jenny. I always thought Jenny was the better looking one. She really rocks the 90’s look and much better face! But that’s just my opinion!!

Reactions: 45

Miranda256

They are heading in very different directions, surrounding themselves with very different people so it was obviously going to have to end at some point.

Jenny hanging out with Roz Purcell, she's so positive never says a bad word about anyone and seems so genuine... Lindsay chooses to be around the likes of Claire Balding and Kneevo.

Reminds me of that saying, show me your friends and I'll show you who you are.

Reactions: 44
I know the tides have seemed to have changed with Jenny, I do find it funny how she is now embracing all that she would slate other girls for before. Like slagging off people who get engaged at Christmas and then she does the same...
maybe there are lessons learned in that but still, would find it funny to listen back on old episodes and see how much has changed. but also don’t want to pay into the L vortex 😅
I mean her boyfriend asked her to marry him, not as if she planned it for then. What was she supposed to say? Hang on babe can you ask me again in a few weeks I don’t like Xmas proposals 😂

• Haha

Galzgal

You will get horrible comments on every thread

But mostly it's lighthearted.

If you think the fbg thread is vicious... don't read it... its as simple as that. You are on a gossip site... unfortunately there will always be stuff said that you don't agree with...
The majority of the posts on that thread are laughing at how “repulsive” she is. Of course there will be stuff I don’t agree with and I’m entitled to voice that I don’t agree with it- which I am. I haven’t said anywhere that it should be shut down, I’ve just said it’s vicious. My opinion 🤷🏽‍♀️

sarahhartigan94

Jenny is doing something natural and helpful to make herself feel better. She’s getting some fresh air and doing something wholesome. Removing herself from Dublin and getting away is the best thing she could do. Give her a break I’m sure we have all slagged something and changed our mind later Jesus Christ it’s pretty harmless like it’s a fucking hike 😂

Reactions: 43

CherryMotel

It's telling that Jenny has put the following words in bold in her statement too:

"Please understand that until the future of the podcast has been decided by both business partners any and all other decisions are not final"

"...please understand I am trying my very best to have this resolved properly and legally to avoid any more misinformation, miscommunication and speculation going forward. I hope to do so by July 1st. "

Both business partners, properly and legally. Total polar opposite of what Lindsay was doing and saying, and pretty much in line with what the general consensus was on this thread. WE BEEN KNEW SIS!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

hinchoncoke

Yes! Sometimes I think both L and J DO see it, but they cannot mention that it is misogyny after everything they have said about feminism etc.!!

Jenny's ex was into all these awful right-wing YouTubers that would post absolute rubbish and brainworms.
I reckon both Jenny and Lindsay will be graaand after all this. They'll prob somehow both be able to spin this in a way which benefits both of their careers.

Jenny could easily slot back into a high up marketing job OR continue to do a more critical cultural podcast with a co-host who was more that vibe. Jenny def has a more global mind about the podcast and could do a good one with her mate Tea for example. Jenny definitely was boyfriend-pilled in the past but I think with a cohost who could challenge her views from an informed position it would make her reflect more. Like I definitely agree with you, but I think she's up for debate and having those opinions challenged. What made me sad was that listening to the show overtime, I felt like Jenny wasn't intellectually stimulated by Lindsay, and Lindsay's honesty and generosity in sharing her life was never reciprocated by Jenny, who is very emotionally guarded.

I also think Lindsay will do really well too, but in a different way. Lindsay's personality has always been her asset and I think she'll meet another person who can bring out the good craic and funny quips. The episodes with her sisters are good fun and they'd reign her in and protect her from herself, so perhaps doing a show with them would work well. She's very entertaining and funny just being herself. The growing resentment between the pair somewhat dampened both of their qualities.

Jenny and Lindsay are both very different people. They've grown in very different directions. So the show ending makes total sense. Just feels like the meltdown is entirely lockdown pent up mental health stuff. I feel bad for both of them and hopefully there can be some form of mediation, where both can protect what they put in and use the experience of the show to launch new projects. And sure maybe the blowout will be good clickbait for getting subs to their new projects. 🤣

Anyway, I'm sad for both of them it had to end this way. I am completely ideologically opposed to everything they say, but I still feel great empathy for them over falling out in such a public way.

Reactions: 42

CherryMotel

L liked this comment. Here we fucking go 🤣

View attachment 646193
Honestly there's zero decorum from Lindsay here in liking an insta comment which publicly bashes your ex-bestie of 10 years and ex-co host of the pod that has enabled you to make a very comfortable living. Just so petty, immature and unprofessional. Never would I think that was a cool flex to make....unless I was 16 maybe.

• Heart
Reactions: 41