Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Ben would do really well in theatre or set design generally imo.
I don't always agree with Michelle but she was spot on about him being so literal with his interpretation of the brief sometimes.
But he 100% needs to toughen up about criticism.

Reactions: 20

carriage120217

There are some really salty contestants in this series. I don't recall this much fighting in previous years!

Mark81

VIP Member
Right decision, he really dropped the ball this week.

The first week I've thought Ben did really well and really thought about things. He and Matt really did some amazing work.

Come on Matt for the win!

Clickbait

VIP Member
I thought it was ridiculous when Roisin said she’d designed a storage piece and it was just a second hand IKEA Kallax unit that was painted 😂

What I found baffling about the India room was the sheer lack of anything really relating to animals or their natural habitat. I’m still baffled how all the rooms had the same amount of people working on them and theirs was so bare!

• Haha

Catlady1

VIP Member
This isn’t actually tea but just thought I’d just say I’m related to Alan Carr. In real life 🤣🤣 it’s very distant and he doesn’t know I even exist but 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

hannah123

VIP Member
I don’t even think she did a better job in the final. I hated the floral wallpaper but I guess I can see why people would like it, but the tables were tiny, no seating at the bar, chairs looked uncomfortable, nothing cosy or inviting about it. He created something more cohesive and inviting with a more social space upstairs. His portfolio and range across the series was miles better, her hair salon last week was awful and ghastly and her “I don’t like the beach so I’m just doing a gin bar” beach hut should have had her sent off.

• Heart

petitspois

VIP Member
There's no way Roisin and the big Mediterranean baby Ben can win. Their signature style is too overwhelming and niche and a successful interior designer needs to be able to put that aside to fit the brief. Roisin is always designing a bottomless brunch venue and Ben is always designing some 1940s S&M den.

• Haha

adviseplz

VIP Member
Just seen people kicking off on the interior design masters insta because her husband is calling people trolls for saying they didn’t like her design 😬 I get sticking up for you wife but if she’s serious about interiors surely that’s doing her no favours…
How messy the contestants are getting on SM is the most interesting thing about the series this year

• Haha

panda_eyes

VIP Member
I know it’s only 2 episodes in but I feel like this series is the worst by far.
Designing the Hebrides (Banjo's show) is back later in the year if you enjoyed that. I did, very much. Lovely soothing TV with nice people and not stretched out to an hour when it filled half an hour perfectly.

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
Has anyone seen Monikas exes post on Instagram (@tomgordoninteriors). He sounds like a right piece of work, jealous of his then partners success and dressing it up as his poor mental health.
He sounds like hard work. He has totally soured her experience, made it all about him.

Reactions: 19

Clickbait

VIP Member
Pleased that Hannah has finally gone. Her obsession with shapes was baffling and clearly she will carry on in the same vein and no critique she received would change her approach. Surprised that Michelle liked the cheap paper lantern light fitting! You just need someone to pop a cork and that’s getting ruined.

Jess’ design was hideous, the weird pink tufts sticking out of the light fittings, dirty protest wallpaper, strange coloured walls.

Ben put no effort into his design this week. It was literally a rip off of My Fair Lady. Him and Roisin looked like Oompa Loompas on the sofa with their orange faces. I hope he goes next week.

• Haha

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Right person went based on this evening. Gutted for him as he’s been strong up to now. The brief played to Ben’s strengths and he really shone. His first floor was amazing. I think Matt was fortunate that someone else had a shocker. I’m not convinced that moss will stay looking smart for long and , although it was interactive and fun, that display table at the front made me twitch. I work with primary ages children and that sand will end up all over the place in 5 minutes flat. Niche reference but it’s like the Instagram Tuff trays that look amazing. Until the children arrive!
The sand was like something you'd find in an interactive museum rather than a shop - not just the mess but a nightmare if trying to do a stock take. I actually really liked that shop floor before the makeover and didn't see much wrong with it apart from maybe taking out a few things

I know he said the moss wouldn't disintegrate, but sunlight coming through those windows in the summer for weeks will damage it for sure

Roisin didn't put a foot wrong this week - I wasn't sure about the wallpaper but the end result was great. Gutted for Anthony but he dealt with the criticism well and he's clearly going places

JulesC

VIP Member
What was Francesca going on about with the millennials love cork thing? I’m a millennial and can’t say I had an opinion either way on cork until I saw her shit bar 🤣 and she said millennials are obsessed with the 70s or something? I’m not. She’s very strange.

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Matt really seems to have it, that eye for design. I don't always get his ideas tbh as they aren't my taste eg the offset panelling, but I can appreciate they work.
Anthony just seems such a lovely person. I'm glad they liked his room.

JulesC

VIP Member
Strange that Ben wasn’t on the sofa, the crappy tape on the cupboards should have got him there alone, never mind the red bedroom.

Francesca had to go, hers was easily the worst. I don’t know why she thinks she’s good at making light fittings 🤣

I was a bit disappointed with Matt’s, thought he’d do well with this brief.

I see next week is shops week, I love shops week. Maybe they’ve kept Ben in for entertainment value in the shops.

unidentified

VIP Member
I loved the previous concept of the show telling us about the architecture of the building and working with that. I’ve said on here before that Sophie Robinson and Kate Watson-Smyth would make a brilliant pairing. Both have humour and completely different styles but with a true understanding of design and brief. I miss the interaction with the client and mood boards etc. This show, after all, is literally named interior design challenge and surely working with clients is part of that challenge?!

carriage120217

I can't believe how bad the India room was. When they introduced the countries, I thought India seemed like the easiest to get right. They could've used The Jungle Book as inspiration with nods to Indian colours/fabrics on the walls and upholstery.

Why was the Spanish pinny guy so overconfident, even after seeing the other rooms?!

Why was Ash acting like the sofa was the boardroom from The Apprentice and throwing the others under the bus?