Interior Design masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He's probably been watching the series seething and getting himself all worked up again. First of all everyone on twitter saying he shouldn't have gone out last week, and then last night seeing Francesca's awful effort thinking 'it should have been me'.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Makes me laugh because I’d bet anything he created those graphics too, not like he got them off Pinterest 🤣

Now we’re down to the final 4, who’s your winner so far? Head says Anthony, heart says Matt!

Reactions: 12
Oh god, cringe.

All he is doing is proving Michelle was right. I really think there was a side to him that was edited out and it was the right decision.

This is even worse because this show isn't live. So he has been sat on all this resentment for months, probably collecting memes etc ready to use.
And they’re still RIDDLED with typos and errors!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Makes me laugh because I’d bet anything he created those graphics too, not like he got them off Pinterest 🤣

Now we’re down to the final 4, who’s your winner so far? Head says Anthony, heart says Matt!
Matt no question, he is the only one whose designs I like. But you're right, it could possibly be Anthony

I’m Team Matt but wouldn’t be disappointed if Anthony won. It should be those two in the final.

I’ve got a sneaky suspicion Roisin might win, purely because of the prize. I can’t imagine Matt or Anthony with a high street soft furnishing line.

• Wow
Oh for God's sake, even if she went last week he was highly likely to go this week.

I think Anthony is going to win now actually, as he seems to have grown the most. I thought Matt was a shoe in but he did make some fundamental errors last night.

I would be happy if either Matt or Anthony won. I really didn't like the smoking nun Anthony done but liked most for his others. I really like the stuff Matt does very much my taste. A couple of errors this week but nothing major. For his age and the fact he doesn't have his own home he has a great understanding of design and usability.

I like how both research and interweave that. Next week will be interesting with Ben and Matt but also Roisin with Anthony. Roisin took the lead with Matt but I don't think Anthony will be as easy. I hope Ben goes just because for me he misses the mark.

I really I'm tired of the format and Michelle. She points an error out in one room but then not in another. I too enjoyed it more when it was client based, with mood boards and development. Guess it'll be to do with cost cutting for filming.

Reactions: 23
I really I'm tired of the format and Michelle. She points an error out in one room but then not in another. I too enjoyed it more when it was client based, with mood boards and development. Guess it'll be to do with cost cutting for filming.
same for me. This series has been rather disappointing . The contestants have all been a bit meh. none of them seem to have actually learned anything along the way like in previous series. Not one of them seems to be able to understand a brief properly or seem to be able to put their own preferences to one side. Francesca for example - pink very week.. Roisin with her patterns and the green.. Ben and his in your face colours/ patterns and design ideas.

The mood boards/ working together challenges worked really well imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I would be happy if either Matt or Anthony won. I really didn't like the smoking nun Anthony done but liked most for his others. I really like the stuff Matt does very much my taste. A couple of errors this week but nothing major. For his age and the fact he doesn't have his own home he has a great understanding of design and usability.

I like how both research and interweave that. Next week will be interesting with Ben and Matt but also Roisin with Anthony. Roisin took the lead with Matt but I don't think Anthony will be as easy. I hope Ben goes just because for me he misses the mark.

Michelle is so dull and wooden. Sophie Robinson was a great presenter on the other show- she’s so passionate and enthusiastic!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
There's no way Roisin and the big Mediterranean baby Ben can win. Their signature style is too overwhelming and niche and a successful interior designer needs to be able to put that aside to fit the brief. Roisin is always designing a bottomless brunch venue and Ben is always designing some 1940s S&M den.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Love her. Loved The Great Interior Design Challenge series she did with Daniel Hopwood (love him too). Tom Dyckhoff was the presenter.
They were such a good trio and the types of buildings they picked for the challenges were amazing!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It was such a good series. Loved Tom's intros about the property and architecture. It really has been dumbed down now. Really can't get on with Michelle.

Reactions: 9
Gotta appeal to the masses
Surely though Alan Carr could do a fun spin on that side of things with another more charismatic host?
Feel like the Beeb/production company need to get us all in to pitch our ideas 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
They were such a good trio and the types of buildings they picked for the challenges were amazing!!
Yes do I remember the contestants got a room each in an amazing row of Arts and Crafts cottages somewhere? How the owners let them must have taken a lot of persuading. Or money 😂

Michelle often seems to be swayed by some cheap looking design trickery, rather than take into account the brief or practicality. Plus as others have said the inconsistency on her judgements - Ben's sofa facing away from the view was clever, others doing the same was missing an opportunity for eg.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.