Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

panda_eyes

VIP Member
I know it’s only 2 episodes in but I feel like this series is the worst by far.
Designing the Hebrides (Banjo's show) is back later in the year if you enjoyed that. I did, very much. Lovely soothing TV with nice people and not stretched out to an hour when it filled half an hour perfectly.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

House of Tea

VIP Member
Has anyone seen Monikas exes post on Instagram (@tomgordoninteriors). He sounds like a right piece of work, jealous of his then partners success and dressing it up as his poor mental health.
He sounds like hard work. He has totally soured her experience, made it all about him.

Reactions: 19

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Domnal is still struggling to come to terms with leaving the show. He's put a "poem" on his stories with seems to me to be a very clear dig at Michelle
This was filmed ages ago last summer wasn't it? He really needs to be over it by now. I don't think he should've gone that week but he certainly would not have won it anyway imo.
I wouldn't want to hire someone like that who could not accept any criticism, however right he felt. I could imagine him slagging customers who disagreed with him.

Clickbait

VIP Member
Pleased that Hannah has finally gone. Her obsession with shapes was baffling and clearly she will carry on in the same vein and no critique she received would change her approach. Surprised that Michelle liked the cheap paper lantern light fitting! You just need someone to pop a cork and that’s getting ruined.

Jess’ design was hideous, the weird pink tufts sticking out of the light fittings, dirty protest wallpaper, strange coloured walls.

Ben put no effort into his design this week. It was literally a rip off of My Fair Lady. Him and Roisin looked like Oompa Loompas on the sofa with their orange faces. I hope he goes next week.

• Haha

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Right person went based on this evening. Gutted for him as he’s been strong up to now. The brief played to Ben’s strengths and he really shone. His first floor was amazing. I think Matt was fortunate that someone else had a shocker. I’m not convinced that moss will stay looking smart for long and , although it was interactive and fun, that display table at the front made me twitch. I work with primary ages children and that sand will end up all over the place in 5 minutes flat. Niche reference but it’s like the Instagram Tuff trays that look amazing. Until the children arrive!
The sand was like something you'd find in an interactive museum rather than a shop - not just the mess but a nightmare if trying to do a stock take. I actually really liked that shop floor before the makeover and didn't see much wrong with it apart from maybe taking out a few things

I know he said the moss wouldn't disintegrate, but sunlight coming through those windows in the summer for weeks will damage it for sure

Roisin didn't put a foot wrong this week - I wasn't sure about the wallpaper but the end result was great. Gutted for Anthony but he dealt with the criticism well and he's clearly going places

Aab41

VIP Member
From Matts insta it looks like they all watched the final together (well apart from 1 person) including Alan Carr, I love that. And went to the races together. They do seem to have some proper friendships which is nice

• Heart

JulesC

VIP Member
What was Francesca going on about with the millennials love cork thing? I’m a millennial and can’t say I had an opinion either way on cork until I saw her shit bar 🤣 and she said millennials are obsessed with the 70s or something? I’m not. She’s very strange.

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Matt really seems to have it, that eye for design. I don't always get his ideas tbh as they aren't my taste eg the offset panelling, but I can appreciate they work.
Anthony just seems such a lovely person. I'm glad they liked his room.

JulesC

VIP Member
Strange that Ben wasn’t on the sofa, the crappy tape on the cupboards should have got him there alone, never mind the red bedroom.

Francesca had to go, hers was easily the worst. I don’t know why she thinks she’s good at making light fittings 🤣

I was a bit disappointed with Matt’s, thought he’d do well with this brief.

I see next week is shops week, I love shops week. Maybe they’ve kept Ben in for entertainment value in the shops.

unidentified

VIP Member
I loved the previous concept of the show telling us about the architecture of the building and working with that. I’ve said on here before that Sophie Robinson and Kate Watson-Smyth would make a brilliant pairing. Both have humour and completely different styles but with a true understanding of design and brief. I miss the interaction with the client and mood boards etc. This show, after all, is literally named interior design challenge and surely working with clients is part of that challenge?!

carriage120217

I can't believe how bad the India room was. When they introduced the countries, I thought India seemed like the easiest to get right. They could've used The Jungle Book as inspiration with nods to Indian colours/fabrics on the walls and upholstery.

Why was the Spanish pinny guy so overconfident, even after seeing the other rooms?!

Why was Ash acting like the sofa was the boardroom from The Apprentice and throwing the others under the bus?

House of Tea

VIP Member
Monika should have gone weeks ago. Every week a mistake. Just because she doesn’t like beaches herself doesn’t mean she she should make that the basis of her designs. A designer has to adapt to client likes. The client doesn’t want to adapt to their designers aversion to certain styles and briefs.

I am finding Michelle drippy as a judge. I want to wind her up, give her some oomph.

Merpedy

VIP Member
I wish they asked some random people how they felt about the rooms because Roisin should really be called out for those wallpaper and colour choices

Reactions: 18

Mark81

VIP Member
Absolutely loved Matts design, sophisticated, masculine yet soft and embracing too.

Roisins was pretty poor, so many loud patterns and clashes. It reminded me of an old person's place in the 90s. I'd hate to stay somewhere like that. Also no progression from week 1 and didn't feel any different to previous designs. Could be anywhere, nothing blenheim related.

Sad he didn't win, but also not surprised.

Matt is the only designer ever out of all the series that i would hire. I love how much thinks about his designs and his style is spot on. Genuinely wonder how much he costs to hire haha

• Heart

unidentified

VIP Member
What on earth went on this week?! 5 mins in and I was rolling my eyes telling Francesca to shut up and to stop with those ridiculous faces (and I have an expressive face!).
I thought the brief was basically show the tenants what they can do to jujus the place up to make the crazy overpriced rental nicer but all at your cost and hidden under the disguise of reusing elsewhere. Summed up a lot of landlords, you do the work and depending on how good it is you can leave it as is or pay to put it all back to plain. Then there was the whole keep the furniture you’re given but isn’t it furniture you take with you not bespoke pieces of furniture you make for a space.
Anyway:
Antony: Clear winner. They made a point of saying he researched which I think was a hint to him being the overall winner. His design definitely appealed to what young professionals want but come on, which renter is making all that panelling and then taking it with them.
Ben: The sofa faced the kitchen and Michelle liked that space? She makes no sense! Space would have worked better if he flipped the sofa to the other side to create that zone and look out the window. The silver foil, nope! Roisin was right, it is like a spaceship. The bedroom was horrendous.
Matt: I quite liked his overall design but wish there was a little more texture and that screen was rubbish. A point was made about people not taking his headboard with them when they move on but not Antony’s panelling? Something missing but didn’t deserve the sofa over that wally Ben
Rosin, The green following through definitely made the place feel bigger overall. Great idea and the most logical about the breakfast bar and I can see where she was coming from about adding a second space. She was the only one who thought of a couple living there though which is why I think she did that but it wasn’t needed. The third table definitely wasn’t needed but least that doubled as a side table and folded away. I don’t like those bobble frames but they’re very ‘in'. Not the best but not the worst
Francesca: Well, where do I start? The waves? The huge work from home space which was based on slime (wtf is this millennial crap she spouts? I watched 90’s TV as a kid and hate fecking slime!) The cardboard nursery mobile? I’d no words for her overall space. It was shockingly bad.

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I just think Roisin's design idea - floral and green - has not progressed at all from the beginning.