Interior Design masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if this has been shared before but there are a couple of photos of last year’s winner Monika’s design for the London Cocktail Club here: https://www.londondaily.news/interior-design-masterpiece-unveiled/
I would have imagined the winner of the show going on to great success and know Banjo has been able to do that but I don't get the impression the same is true for Monica, I follow her on instagram and she has just moved from her home into a shared house somewhere, I'm sure it's lots of fun and a gorgeous house but hardly says the show has made her loaded!

Reactions: 6
I would have imagined the winner of the show going on to great success and know Banjo has been able to do that but I don't get the impression the same is true for Monica, I follow her on instagram and she has just moved from her home into a shared house somewhere, I'm sure it's lots of fun and a gorgeous house but hardly says the show has made her loaded!
Some of them on this series are clearly already loaded. Reno’ing what look like decent sized flats/houses in London. In fact most of them seem to be homeowners despite being pretty young - and yes - in this economy being under 35 and owning a home makes you well off haha (esp down south!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Ben was also bursting out of his big brown babygro overalls on the sofa, quite disconcerting.

• Haha
I wonder if being on the sofa last massively dented Jess's confidence as she didn't seem to have much faith in her idea from the start. Not excusing the terrible idea though. Hannah's room just looked cold and she just didn't seem to really get the point of the show. I agree with everyone about Matt - he seems really smart and just gets the more commercial side of it all too, but still manages to keep his own style

Some of them on this series are clearly already loaded. Reno’ing what look like decent sized flats/houses in London. In fact most of them seem to be homeowners despite being pretty young - and yes - in this economy being under 35 and owning a home makes you well off haha (esp down south!)
When they showed Anthony's house 👀 😂. Even if it's in the grottiest part of west London, he still must be minted. Same with Francesca and her flat - I don't think that was funded by running weaving workshops, or whatever it was she said she did

I hope Monika is doing well. I wasn't fan of her designs at all tbh, but after reading about how horrible her boyfriend (fiancee?) was to her throughout the programme it must have been a hard time and not as much fun as it should have been for her.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I hope Monika is doing well. I wasn't fan of her designs at all tbh, but after reading about how horrible her boyfriend (fiancee?) was to her throughout the programme it must have been a hard time and not as much fun as it should have been for her.
She cried a lot. I magine he was piling on a whole heap of stress when appearing on the show was stress enough.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Ben would do really well in theatre or set design generally imo.
I don't always agree with Michelle but she was spot on about him being so literal with his interpretation of the brief sometimes.
But he 100% needs to toughen up about criticism.

Reactions: 20
Ben would do really well in theatre or set design generally imo.
I don't always agree with Michelle but she was spot on about him being so literal with his interpretation of the brief sometimes.
But he 100% needs to toughen up about criticism.
Even then he has to listen to the directors vision, restrictions to space, practicalities for actors, not necessarily be literal etc.

Every year there are always some who only see their vision and can't be flexible. He is running out of time to drive he can listen

Even then he has to listen to the directors vision, restrictions to space, practicalities for actors, not necessarily be literal etc.

Every year there are always some who only see their vision and can't be flexible. He is running out of time to drive he can listen
Yes you are right. He'd maybe have to not be chief designer but be given very specific instructions as his attention to detail does seem good. But he'd hate that obviously. And I suppose that goes away from design anyway.
Fucks sake why am I trying to help Ben get a job 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.