Interior Design masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just finished the series and I’m shocked Monika won, we watched it and picked her out as someone going home in week 1 or 2.
I agree with previous posters in that the standard was low this year. I don’t think sustainability is factored in at all - I think the owners do it for publicity only. Think about the beach chalets, all of them had white windows yet IDM trot along and completely change it all. I’m sure they have a policy on colours that can be used externally.
This series has lost its way a bit.

Reactions: 9
I was at the beach huts from the older series yesterday, only 2 are still the same as on the show.

Reactions: 7
Although I liked Jack, on reflection she has a style that is somewhat unique, if niche. She would have to rein her taste in to meet a client’s brief but presumably a client would know what they were in for from her portfolio.

Jack seems to absorb ideas from Instagram and deploy them with aplomb. But strictly speaking that isn’t being a designer/innovative.
---
I was at the beach huts from the older series yesterday, only 2 are still the same as on the show.
Interesting. The quality of the makeover as well as the aesthetics would have a lot to do with that. You see it on this series too.

Reactions: 3
Any news on the bar re-fit she would have been doing as the prize? The bar the showed in the credits each week is part of The Cocktail Club chain but that actual bar is in Bristol, not London which is what was said.

Reactions: 5
Has anyone seen Monikas exes post on Instagram (@tomgordoninteriors). He sounds like a right piece of work, jealous of his then partners success and dressing it up as his poor mental health.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Has anyone seen Monikas exes post on Instagram (@tomgordoninteriors). He sounds like a right piece of work, jealous of his then partners success and dressing it up as his poor mental health.
They split?! They were engaged and everything
---
Just finished reading it - here it is for those that don’t have instagram
IMG_9819.jpeg
IMG_9820.jpeg
IMG_9821.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
He sounds like hard work. He has totally soured her experience, made it all about him.

Reactions: 19
So Mon’s got ADHD and now the partner said he got diagnosed BPD 😮

I actually hated Mon’s designs too, and I hated the last episode when that cow won.

Maybe I’ve got something 😆

Japandi forever!

• Haha
I like the show, but they lose me with the painted MDF bonanza in commercial spaces. I preferred the early series of IDC.
Has anyone watched Interior Design Battle on Channel 4? Decent budgets but very shallow talent pool.

They split?! They were engaged and everything
---
Just finished reading it - here it is for those that don’t have instagram
View attachment 2316134View attachment 2316135View attachment 2316136
What a weirdo 🤢
And the comment he never imagined the filming would go on as long as it did - obviously hoping and expecting she'd be going out early. How supportive.
I didn't like her designs and wasn't convinced about her winning but my goodness poor woman. Having to go back to that every time knowing he would be gutted and self pitying if she wasn't kicked out. Not happy for her or proud of her.
He couldn't even eat and had to smoke a lot 🤨 How on earth was that her fault?

Reactions: 17
Just saw the thread has come back to life - weird about the fiance.

I was so surprised that Monika won - I felt like she was lucky to be there at the end, she made so many mistakes along the way and constantly messed up on time.

I love the earlier series - I rewatch 2 and 3 from time to time just because I loved them so much!

I've watched Banjo's show and quite enjoyed it.

• Heart
Wow way to make the show and experience all about him
---
Also Banjo has now got a judging spot om Scotlands Home of the Year TV show so is doing pretty well

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I watched this and realised I recognised Monika because I followed their Instagram page "the gallery wall" he's now deleted her from the whole page changed the page to his name and then made that me me me me post. (Including his wanky photo.)
What an hole!

I hope Monika, rises above this and does really well for herself

Attachments

Last edited:
I watched this and realised I recognised Monika because I followed their Instagram page "the gallery wall" he's now deleted her from the whole page changed the page to his name and then made that me me me me post. (Including his wanky photo.)
What an hole!

I hope Monika, rises above this and does really well for herself
I think he has a son too which is worrying since his post made him sound very self absorbed. He’s updated his fb but still has included that he’s engaged however Monika’s states she’s single.

Does anyone follow Daniela Tasca York from the earlier series? Her life updates blow my mind. They've just bought a place in Spain, they're buying a new house without selling their current house. Her husband is a landscape gardener and she seems to work sometimes?? Make it make sense!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.