Interior Design masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow! What a shocker that India room was. It was terrible! All of it was shockingly bad. The right person went.

The Brazil room knocked all the others out the park.

Reactions: 16
I wish I had the confidence of a gay Spaniard.

The right team won, I can't believe the India room, the unfinished stencils and so much PINK.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
India has such amazing and iconic vistas, colours and images. You would think it would be almost impossible to make a room about it bland but they managed 😬

Reactions: 11
I really enjoyed that episode, although you could tell from about 15 minutes in that Ash was going home. Really like Matt and Domnall. Think this could be a good series. The look on the Spanish guy’s face when they said his team had lost was priceless, he really thought he was safe because he won last week.

Reactions: 16
I really enjoyed that episode, although you could tell from about 15 minutes in that Ash was going home. Really like Matt and Domnall. Think this could be a good series. The look on the Spanish guy’s face when they said his team had lost was priceless, he really thought he was safe because he won last week.
I also really really want a trip to Chester zoo now.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What’s the betting the India room got painted over as soon as they left? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What’s the betting the India room got painted over as soon as they left? 😂
I do think they should do a follow up mini series to see how they had to fix the rooms for the clients after each challenge. I know they never would but I’d love it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The judges never comment on how practical things are eg the felt foliage on the Madagascar roof and the origami leaves on the Brazil one. Just dust gatherers that would be almost impossible to clean.

every single issue w the india room ended up being a result of ash being incompetent and the others sacrificing their bits to make up for it. stencils looked like skulls, kite only worked by jess has braincells to rub together, wasted so much time painting a wall that didn't match the rest of the scheme. spanish guy got a bit defensive on the sofa but i could see where he was coming from with the concept, the execution was just really poor. ash trying to throw the other two under the bus with the boat concept was sooo awkward too

alan sat there with his condolences face gets me every time 😆 he looks like he's telling them they've got weeks to live

• Haha
Reactions: 13
every single issue w the india room ended up being a result of ash being incompetent and the others sacrificing their bits to make up for it. stencils looked like skulls, kite only worked by jess has braincells to rub together, wasted so much time painting a wall that didn't match the rest of the scheme. spanish guy got a bit defensive on the sofa but i could see where he was coming from with the concept, the execution was just really poor. ash trying to throw the other two under the bus with the boat concept was sooo awkward too

alan sat there with his condolences face gets me every time 😆 he looks like he's telling them they've got weeks to live
Ash was terrible. She kept faffing around and not getting on with painting the walls which was a huge part of the task. Then blaming the others was just 😬
I was pleased Ben stuck up for himself over the boat concept. It could have worked. I think a river painted on the floor would have been a good idea.

The one good thing is that we got the big group challenge and children's space out of the way already - and I say that mainly because this and the shop challenge really need proper furniture and are so unsuited to the DIY and MDF extravaganza these shows turn into. That was one of the only things I liked about Channel 4's short lived Interior Designs Battle, that they got to chose some proper quality furniture to integrate into their design.
The other good thing was, of course, team Brazil, how they all played to their individual strengths and had design discussions like grown ups. Donal's prints and posters were class.

Anyone else find it mildly grating that they obviously film the challenge announcement after they've already done the work, aka on the same day as judging? Last week Alan even said they will meet the guest judge a little bit later.
And because someone mentioned it already and it also grinds my gears - the show has never taken into account when things will be a nightmare to clean.

Reactions: 14
The one good thing is that we got the big group challenge and children's space out of the way already - and I say that mainly because this and the shop challenge really need proper furniture and are so unsuited to the DIY and MDF extravaganza these shows turn into. That was one of the only things I liked about Channel 4's short lived Interior Designs Battle, that they got to chose some proper quality furniture to integrate into their design.
The other good thing was, of course, team Brazil, how they all played to their individual strengths and had design discussions like grown ups. Donal's prints and posters were class.

Anyone else find it mildly grating that they obviously film the challenge announcement after they've already done the work, aka on the same day as judging? Last week Alan even said they will meet the guest judge a little bit later.
And because someone mentioned it already and it also grinds my gears - the show has never taken into account when things will be a nightmare to clean.
Omg 100% this. I want to see them get actual vintage furniture or secondhand stuff and transform it, not building MDF monstrosities, I’m sure last year (or one of the years) on the apartment challenge someone made an MDF sofa/bench thing and it was just horrifically uncomfy!!

Reactions: 9
I thought it was ridiculous when Roisin said she’d designed a storage piece and it was just a second hand IKEA Kallax unit that was painted 😂

What I found baffling about the India room was the sheer lack of anything really relating to animals or their natural habitat. I’m still baffled how all the rooms had the same amount of people working on them and theirs was so bare!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I thought it was ridiculous when Roisin said she’d designed a storage piece and it was just a second hand IKEA Kallax unit that was painted 😂

What I found baffling about the India room was the sheer lack of anything really relating to animals or their natural habitat. I’m still baffled how all the rooms had the same amount of people working on them and theirs was so bare!
I think that India room was one of the worst ever. How on earth was that 2 days work by 3 people?! 😂

• Haha
I wonder what the timescale for the week's filming is. How long do they get to plan the room before hand and make or buy bits? I was surprised they had time to get fabric ready for the Brasilian room.

Reactions: 2
I wonder what the timescale for the week's filming is. How long do they get to plan the room before hand and make or buy bits? I was surprised they had time to get fabric ready for the Brasilian room.
Yeah that was the only thing that was a bit unfair. That Domnall guy had clearly done a lot of the work (all the illustrations/poems/fabric) before the actual installation and all that stuff formed a massive part of their Brazil room. Not sure what the rules are about that - if there even are any? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Yeah that was the only thing that was a bit unfair. That Domnall guy had clearly done a lot of the work (all the illustrations/poems/fabric) before the actual installation and all that stuff formed a massive part of their Brazil room. Not sure what the rules are about that - if there even are any? 🤷🏻‍♀️
His posters were great and really professional, the other two rooms posters/murals were crappy (and not just in comparison). I wonder how long it takes to source a boat? Presumably all the ones that designed MDF furniture had to give their measurements to the carpenters and get all that ordered too etc etc.

Reactions: 5
I know it’s only 2 episodes in but I feel like this series is the worst by far.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.