Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Clickbait

VIP Member
Why would someone would own a mistake if they don’t believe they made it? I totally agree that the extender legs would be a bad idea - scraping on the floor, painful if someone got their foot trapped under one, ruinous if a coat/bag got caught and pulled, chairs going wonky if they’re not all level. I wonder if because Domnall found that as a solution, he seemed more at fault for the chairs? I have to say I believed him and I found his design elements of that cafe (aside from the chair shelves) to be the bits I liked. The cork tile bar was 🤮

Reactions: 23

Proof8

Chatty Member
I would be happy if either Matt or Anthony won. I really didn't like the smoking nun Anthony done but liked most for his others. I really like the stuff Matt does very much my taste. A couple of errors this week but nothing major. For his age and the fact he doesn't have his own home he has a great understanding of design and usability.

I like how both research and interweave that. Next week will be interesting with Ben and Matt but also Roisin with Anthony. Roisin took the lead with Matt but I don't think Anthony will be as easy. I hope Ben goes just because for me he misses the mark.

I really I'm tired of the format and Michelle. She points an error out in one room but then not in another. I too enjoyed it more when it was client based, with mood boards and development. Guess it'll be to do with cost cutting for filming.

unidentified

VIP Member
I’m over Ben and his themes. I thought it was awful! Hannah’s was BAD! Glad she went too. I kept wanting to pick them stick on things off her face and wipe that eyeliner off.
My fav by far is Matt. He knows a space and how to make it work. His jockey silks design was exactly what they should be, an acknowledgement to it but with a unique take on it. That is a designer. His reaction to Kelly Hoppen was cute too.

Last edited:

Luna252

VIP Member
They’ve not done the beach hut this season either. That’s always an interesting one as they have to come up with clever ways of using such a tiny space. Not sure many of them would be upto it this season - they seem quite a weak bunch design-wise.

• Heart

Katienana

Oddballs to the front, normals at the back
Love this show, can't wait to see more panelling, shit upholstery and upcycled tat!

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Crumpet41

VIP Member
after having slept on this i now also think that Domnall and Francesca should have been fired. They were both responsible for the overall design and neither actually spoke to each other ( Francesca with the cork tiles and Domnall with the Carmen Miranda/ and other artwork). Francesca threw Domnall under the bus ( at the artwork stage ) and i also think she threw him under the bus on the sofa.

It was wrong of Michelle to fire him because he wouldn't "own up" to the mistake ( why would you own up to a mistake if a decision that was made wasn't solely yours? i most certainly wouldn't). Francesca certainly knew that by keeping quiet she'd be possibly saved.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I would have imagined the winner of the show going on to great success and know Banjo has been able to do that but I don't get the impression the same is true for Monica, I follow her on instagram and she has just moved from her home into a shared house somewhere, I'm sure it's lots of fun and a gorgeous house but hardly says the show has made her loaded!
I hope Monika is doing well. I wasn't fan of her designs at all tbh, but after reading about how horrible her boyfriend (fiancee?) was to her throughout the programme it must have been a hard time and not as much fun as it should have been for her.

• Sad
  • Wow

hannah123

VIP Member
I did love Roisin’s room but I think it was a bit one sided with SEB as guest judge. Wembley hosts a lot of acts and they’re not all pop princesses.
I thought this, she was stood in a floral sequin dress with ruffles so it’s naturally going to be more her vibe.

Would be really shocked if Matt doesn’t win, think we said from week 2 he was the likely winner. The trades people seem to like working with him because he actually knows what he’s doing, gets involved and has practical solutions when initial ideas don’t work, whereas some just stand there shocked and will be like oh just do it anyway. Him having an education in this field has put him ahead of most of the competition despite only having a couple years work experience. Imagine someone with an education and like 5/6 years experience, they’d walk it. Think a final with him and the guy that went last week would have been the best, he was his only really competition imo.

Crumpet41

VIP Member
They shouldnt have gone on the show if they are their self confidence is that low. What do they expect will happen? Of course people will have an opinion on them as people and the designs they create. They need to toughen up and stop crying on socials because people are not keen.

Reactions: 21

House of Tea

VIP Member
Well, the verdict?

I am finding the handy pandy woman annoying. The stand out for me was the guy doing the textured walls. The Sound of Music Guy was good. The train carriage guy was clever in what he did but he is going to pall. The rest seemed amateur hour.

Michelle - she has zero oomph. Get someone else. Love Alan.

adviseplz

VIP Member
That’s why you go on the show… networking with the judges. So happy for Anthony. Definitely better than the prize 😂 He just had a wobbly week, so glad something positive came out of him leaving. Alan is cursed asking people why they haven’t been on the sofa yet - same happened with Matt last week!

Final two will be Matt and Roisin I reckon

carriage120217

Francesca seems so unbelievably desperate to make ✨qUiRkY✨ her whole personality but it comes across so try-hard, especially with that silly voice. So glad to see the back of her.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Every week Monica says 'I feel at last I can express my personality' after being able to express her personality every single challenge 😂

• Haha

cocochino

Chatty Member
Glad someone else has mentioned her mirrors, my own bathroom has a bigger mirror, she’s expecting someone to have their haircut in a mirror that would just about fit my head. People with long hair sometimes have to stand up for the first part of their cut so I’d be fucked in her salon.
I'd actually love a salon with no mirrors. That's the worst part of getting my hair done for me. Staring at my head in that hideous black cape!

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Don'tlookEthel

Yes I liked the windows and tying in the terrarium, don't understand why they don't get the shop owners feedback as part of the judging?

Reactions: 20