Interior Design masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right decision, he really dropped the ball this week.

The first week I've thought Ben did really well and really thought about things. He and Matt really did some amazing work.

Come on Matt for the win!

Reactions: 20
That’s why you go on the show… networking with the judges. So happy for Anthony. Definitely better than the prize 😂 He just had a wobbly week, so glad something positive came out of him leaving. Alan is cursed asking people why they haven’t been on the sofa yet - same happened with Matt last week!

Final two will be Matt and Roisin I reckon

Reactions: 21
Wow I am shocked by who went home this week. Not because of what they achieved. The downstairs was terrible but their weeks before were (I thought) leading them to the win. Great opportunity for him though with Mary. I really hope Matt wins but I do think Roisin suits the prize better given the current Instagram trend is maximalism

Reactions: 14
Right person went based on this evening. Gutted for him as he’s been strong up to now. The brief played to Ben’s strengths and he really shone. His first floor was amazing. I think Matt was fortunate that someone else had a shocker. I’m not convinced that moss will stay looking smart for long and , although it was interactive and fun, that display table at the front made me twitch. I work with primary ages children and that sand will end up all over the place in 5 minutes flat. Niche reference but it’s like the Instagram Tuff trays that look amazing. Until the children arrive!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Right person went based on this evening. Gutted for him as he’s been strong up to now. The brief played to Ben’s strengths and he really shone. His first floor was amazing. I think Matt was fortunate that someone else had a shocker. I’m not convinced that moss will stay looking smart for long and , although it was interactive and fun, that display table at the front made me twitch. I work with primary ages children and that sand will end up all over the place in 5 minutes flat. Niche reference but it’s like the Instagram Tuff trays that look amazing. Until the children arrive!
Yes agree with all of this.
Ben did amazingly and got the museumy magical element to it all. I wasn't sure about the moss at all but love Matt so 🤷‍♀️
I think Anthony is a better and more interesting designer than Roisin, and Michelle clearly thought so too, but it had to be judged on the task in which case it was right he went.

Reactions: 18
As a retired primary teacher I had that exact thought about the sand. Within 5 minutes it’ll be all over the floor, the baskets and magnifying glasses will be broken or lost and half the crystals will have disappeared. I wouldn’t be letting kids anywhere near it. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The sand was like something you'd find in an interactive museum rather than a shop - not just the mess but a nightmare if trying to do a stock take. I actually really liked that shop floor before the makeover and didn't see much wrong with it apart from maybe taking out a few things

I know he said the moss wouldn't disintegrate, but sunlight coming through those windows in the summer for weeks will damage it for sure

Roisin didn't put a foot wrong this week - I wasn't sure about the wallpaper but the end result was great. Gutted for Anthony but he dealt with the criticism well and he's clearly going places

Reactions: 19
surely she could've kept him in and had wembley get a spare changing room ready with two weeks notice? although it might not have been fair to eliminate half of them in the semi final

Reactions: 7
surely she could've kept him in and had wembley get a spare changing room ready with two weeks notice? although it might not have been fair to eliminate half of them in the semi final
Yeah, for a moment I thought she wasn't going to send anyone home, which would've been unfair on the other three, although Domnall's gnashing and bitching would have been hilarious :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
As a retired primary teacher I had that exact thought about the sand. Within 5 minutes it’ll be all over the floor, the baskets and magnifying glasses will be broken or lost and half the crystals will have disappeared. I wouldn’t be letting kids anywhere near it. 🤣
I just thought back to my adventures in retail and thought that it would all be nicked within a week 😭

Reactions: 6
Had a look at the old and the curious website and looks like they didn't keep the sand station area , but twelve middle row clothes shop seems to have kept what was done
When Alan was asking Matt about the polystyrene not being that environmentally friendly, and he replied 'hopefully this is going to be here for years...' 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I thought the moss mountains in the window was a great idea and in keeping with the shop with the way Matt thought about it (like a terrarium) and drew you in.

The owner of the shop looked and sounded really familiar but couldn't work out why.

Reactions: 10
Yes I liked the windows and tying in the terrarium, don't understand why they don't get the shop owners feedback as part of the judging?

Reactions: 20
Yes I liked the windows and tying in the terrarium, don't understand why they don't get the shop owners feedback as part of the judging?
If they had it's likely Matt would have gone. They should probably run test events with customers for shops/ restaurants etc to really test out the practicality of the designs. It would make for better designers in future having their designs really put to the test.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.