Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Renata

VIP Member
Anyone else fed up if these narcissistic lot in Dubai “for business” during a pandemic?

It’s selfish & unnecessary - they obviously think they are exempt from catching this virus!

• Heart
Reactions: 186

greenvelvet

VIP Member
I’ve come here from a thread where someone’s talking about how their nan is in end of life care and the hospice aren’t letting anyone visit her in her last weeks or over Christmas at all. It makes me so angry that lots of us are in Tier 4 and have to sacrifice seeing our loved ones, possibly for the last time, and (on a much more trivial note) can’t even go to a bloody lash appointment, but somehow it’s still fine for influencers to go through multiple airports, sit in a plane for hours and fly out to meet big groups of people abroad, even when they come from Tier 4 (Montana Brown, she makes me feel sick, and Grace Beverley LOL [she went before Tier 4 but defo when the new variant was around]). I don’t get why nothing is being done about this.

The most annoying thing about it is that as someone in my twenties, it feels like these people are getting more and more popular with my peers. And it’s always the most useless ones, like Montana and Molly Mae who add fuck all to the world and aren’t even interesting in a reality TV way (eg Charlotte Crosby), rather than ones that have any interest in anything remotely worthwhile. Montana can’t even be come up with her own jokes as she plagiarises her TikToks from other creators. She posted this poll asking her followers if they want her to make content on these trips and the followers said yes, effectively encouraging her and others to monetise being immoral. And any time you criticise Molly Mae etc. you get a load of girls telling you you’re mean, jealous and insecure and to #bekind. They’re not being kind to us peddling us diet tea and product that doesn’t work.

But meanwhile, we have various politicians telling us it’s not worth it to visit our grandma, telling us to rat out our neighbours, posting police at train stations - which I get - but not even bothering to stop or test all these halfwits coming in and out of our airports. It feels a bit classist to me.

I see people on Twitter genuinely lose their shit whenever Gemma Collins does something like release a Christmas song but I’ve not once seen a trend raging at these people and it makes me despair. the level of bootlicking makes me feel ill

anyway, rant over. I can’t see my family at all this Christmas or do little things for myself as I’m in Tier 4. We saw a test centre being built the day before they announced Tier 4 so it’s obvious it was planned a while ago, so wish they could’ve given more notice and told us when London went into lockdown rather than me having to deal with two blows - not being able to visit my parents and not myself being able to go anywhere. My workplace gave me a load of free leave and I’m spending it like this :( will do it because it’s the responsible thing to do, but I’m sad about it lol

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 104

Welshie40

Yes, and zero social distancing. I saw Molly-Mae over there meeting Maura, all close up, kissing etc. Am I missing something, is it once you’re in Dubai you can’t catch it or spread it? Why are they over there for so long anyway?

Reactions: 83

greenvelvet

VIP Member
I’m not going to comment on some of what of you have said about Dubai/UAE apart from to say, don’t believe everything you read in the Daily Mail.
But I will say that as a British expat who was due to travel back to the Uk to spend Christmas with my family (first time I would have seen any of them since last December) I am beyond gutted that I’ve had to cancel at the last minute because of the increased restrictions in the Uk, which ironically I partially blame on the dicks that can’t follow the rules.
Actually, I’d rather that you did respond directly and pick apart arguments using your superior insight rather than make a snide jab at the level of education and research we’re undertaking by implying we blithely absorb and regurgitate everything from a conservative, sensationalist tabloid like the Mail. If I am wrong about something and am spreading negative propaganda about another country, I want to know.

Here’s an Amnesty International page on the conditions of human rights in the UAE, which is just one of the several things I have read in forming my opinion of the governance of the country.

Like she hasn’t already made up her tiny mind
The majority of her followers will just vote yes - it’s like asking your fan club what you should do! Obviously, they will all tell her what she wants to hear!

• Heart
Reactions: 81

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
Let’s add Ferne McCann in South Africa “on business” 🙄 Isn’t Rochelle Hulmes doing Dubai and Maldives with her kids too? 😡 honestly, sick of Z list plebs flaunting their lifestyle on SM. Hopefully this is the start their fall from grace.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 78

HeyLetsGo

It’s just tone deaf isn’t it? Fair enough be over there if you’re privileged enough to be able to do that but keep it the fuck off social media.

There’s no thought for the people who’s Christmas’ are going to unbearably lonely now due to travel restrictions in the UK. It’s just rubbing in it people’s faces because they can.

Even for their die hard fans, there’s only so much smug people can take. Especially in these times!

I hope they get loads of unfollows over Christmas.

Reactions: 57

Sleepyquest

Chatty Member
I am absolutely fuming about this and in my mind it’s a money/class thing. Those with money seemingly do whatever the fuck they want and are jetting off to Dubai even though the whole of the U.K. have been told to stay at home, don’t see family if possible, only do essential trips.
Im not sure why you are all arguing about Dubai, the destination is not the issue. It’s the blatant disregard for the guidelines set by our government to keep us safe and as a large number of people in this country look up to and copy what ‘influencers’ do, these influencers are so damn irresponsible. If I can’t take my daughter round to see my mum in her home, why can these z listers jet off to foreign countries?? It doesn’t make any sense. And this whole ‘it’s for work’ excuse is not fooling anyone either.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

greenvelvet

VIP Member
My partner’s sister is a teacher in Dubai and apparently they are fairly strict, other than the areas where rich influencers congregate and dominate - e.g., hotels and particular beaches. The level of inequality astounds me -

To quote another post I made lol, while the influencer elite are semi-likely to be OK if they get COVID, it's already been proven that south Asian people are more at risk. We know that South Asians are disproportionately represented in the manual & 'unskilled' labour sectors in Dubai and are treated terribly, with passports being yanked from them, receiving little to no help from the UAE 'government', with many of them trapped in crowded labour camps after losing their jobs post-COVID. The hygiene standards in these places are dismal and the overall standards of living are too - it wouldn't take much for an infection to burn through somewhere like this. And these influencers are mostly coming from the south of England, potentially carrying the more contagious variant.

you have to wonder, if the workers’ passports are being taken from them, will they be able to (afford to) leave, and will they actually be able to access treatment in the UAE? Even if they had their passports, where would they go to access decent treatment if they had covid, and would it endanger their lives to fly out? God knows if they had COVID, would they even be allowed to get onto a flight to begin with?

And on their way back they’re bumping into workers that have to be at the airport in order to get paid, pushing up the covid rates, risking so many people’s lives here and in Dubai for what - for a party and an opportunity at a Daily Mail pap shot in a thong? And then they have the audacity to 1) pretend they care about the public so they don’t get “cancelled” and 2) talk about “being kind” as if the kinder response to someone that expresses so little care for other humans’ lives is to just ignore it and say “you deserve the holiday hun ignore the bitter saddos [and all the terminally ill people and workers trapped in labour camps] xx”

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51

Peartree

I’ve unfollowed too, fed up of them.
And it’s not through jealousy because I could go if I wanted, but I think it’s irresponsible and as influencers they’re sending out the wrong messages.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Readread

VIP Member
I live in Dubai. It’s an absolute chavfest at the moment.

None of them give a shit about the fact they’re in an Islamic country. The new strain of covid from the UK has been detected here. They’re all congregating down JBR and in The Palm so it’s no surprise. Just vile. The locals and expats are genuinely staying fairly safe yet all these dicks are coming over not giving a shit. I know someone who is cabin crew for Emirates, she said policing masks on the flights has been absolutely horrific, passengers are very disrespectful and rude.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 49

HannahF

I had a holiday (actually honeymoon) to Dubai which was cancelled in March, rebooked for September- cancelled again, rebooked for November - cancelled again and finally was rebooked for this week. I called Emirates back in December to say i just want to cancel it now and dont want to risk going, they advised me Dubai was open and safe and my holiday will be fine but i said im not happy going when numbers are up here in the UK and risk spreading even more for a few days in the sun and put other peoples life in danger like cabin crew and hotel staff. The lady in customer services thanked me for thinking of others and not being selfish and gave me a full refund. I wish everyone else thought like that but no, its been a hard year for these influences and z list celebs sitting at home all day being paid for adverts, they need a break and time to escape and get content for the gram

• Heart
Reactions: 46

greenvelvet

VIP Member
wrote into my MP about influencers travelling from Tier 4 while the rest of us aren’t really supposed to be doing anything. So sick of this. Hope I get a response. Sick of seeing them swan around like they’re not doing anything wrong

Reactions: 45

Popsock123

VIP Member
Let’s add Ferne McCann in South Africa “on business” 🙄 Isn’t Rochelle Hulmes doing Dubai and Maldives with her kids too? 😡 honestly, sick of Z list plebs flaunting their lifestyle on SM. Hopefully this is the start their fall from grace.
That’s ferne fucked after today’s announcement then 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 40

Coco1

I’m so glad this thread was made. They all make me SICK to my stomach. I live in a tier 4 and today I can’t stop thinking about all the doctors, nurses and other key workers who are working their backsides off while these selfish pricks travel abroad and don’t care about the consequences. I’m not jealous of them one bit, I think they are selfish, entitled wankers.

Remember in March when they all said ‘we’re in this together’ and they were clapping for carers all over insta? Well they may as well just slap them all in the face to show them how much they really care. I hope we can all leave influencers and celebrities in 2020 & I hope Dubai goes on the quarantine list ASAP - but even then it’s not like the dicks would stay in for the 10 days anyway 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 40