Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

greenvelvet

VIP Member
People who have only read about Dubai in the Daily Mail or seen it on Instagram can’t seem to decide if it is some sort of 24 hour party paradise, or a scary dystopian apocalyptic fantasy.
I mean it can be both, I don’t think understanding that a country can treat you differently depending on what social class you are is a stupid or Daily Mail-esque view. It’s great for expats and holidayers, pretty decent for most emiratis, but not for migrant blue collar workers or probably gay people either. It’s improving, but I think it’s a bit odd that people bang on about how great it is in response to criticisms of the governance of the country when they’re from the UK/other western countries because it’s like, obviously it’s great for you, I presume that you’re working a reasonably nice job there or are having a family there or have been on holiday there, you’re not a gay Emirati or a south Asian construction worker working on a skyscraper in scorching heat (not you as in You but people in general).

Anyway, here is a series of pictures of the party Grace Beverley was at in Dubai on a holiday (“work trip”) she just “couldn’t” cancel. There is a full video somewhere but it keeps getting taken down within 48H whenever it gets posted anywhere - seriously. She’s managed by Gleam so could be them. The next day she #adgifted story’d a mask, which was hilarious given where she’d been the night before, and has been buying followers to make it look like nobody unfollowed her for it.

merry Christmas to everyone celebrating today 🎈

B6A78CD9-355E-4D8C-A0FD-46741ED2F135.jpeg
15C4BB65-A712-46BD-BEA6-D89759CD24AB.jpeg
C472A672-103A-485A-9D90-9D337CB5C9FF.jpeg
3DE02290-C07B-4B85-96B1-6698F63C620F.jpeg

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 29

Falkor

VIP Member
He’s chosen to stay with the NHS rather than just embrace the influencer life though hasn’t he? In the early series a few of them had decent jobs, how many of them have turned their backs on them for Insta fame and freebies?
His brother committed suicide last year as well. He might have come across as a bit of a tit on Love Island, but I think he's genuinely a decent bloke. He was doing regular interviews with Kay Burley on Sky's breakfast news show during the first lockdown.

• Heart

Treesy19

VIP Member
Rochelle Humes certainly hasn’t self-quarantined herself after a family Christmas trip to Dubai. I mean, if the rules say you don’t need to but you’re literally travelling during a global pandemic surely YOU MAKE THE DECISION TO ISOLATE UPON RETURN. Civic duty surely. To not do so, is frankly selfish and appalling conduct.

• Wow
  • Angry

DailyChatter

!!! Yes! The petition could take a few weeks to come through and tbh with the character limit, it's not as emotive as I'd want it to be. If people have the time and energy to do the stuff above, it would be a good idea. If anyone wants to write to their MP, I'd be happy to anonymise the letter I wrote to my mine and give it to you guys to use to send to yours. :)

I worked at a school & nearly all the kids wanted to be influencers when they grew up which is depressing enough as it is (much worse than wanting to be an actor, which was the thing of choice when I was a kid), but knowing influencers are so devoid of empathy makes it even worse. I hope this is their downfall but they are masters of PR, so...
That’s really depressing that children aspire to be talentless people of the moment. I really want Instagram to die the death that MySpace did (showing my age 😂) Instagram was better before it made people famous

• Heart
  • Haha

Hobbitsies

I said this in the Fleur thread but what bothers me on top of the travelling in a pandemic and lying about it (Fleur) is that all of these influencers seem to care very little about the human rights abuses of the UAE. They have false detention, torture, no freedom of expression, women’s rights are shocking (although improving), migrants are consistently taken advantage of and all sexual relations outside of a Herero marriage are punished in various ways up to death. I just can’t with the privilege of being able to ignore all of that for sun and luxury champagne.

(I know many other countries have the same track record human rights abuses and I would have the same rant and I know western countries are hardly perfect but again I would happily tear them apart including the UK)

but anyway these influencers have nothing to be proud of during this pandemic

Blakelycakey

So we are now in tier 4. My partners friends are currently in Dubai on a lads holiday. He’s just been sent a video of them at a private party (some girls they’d met over there) about 60 of them all dancing in a small apartment with a hired DJ 🤦🏽‍♀️😡 said they’ve decided to extend their stay! I don’t get it why they all think Covid doesn’t exist in Dubai!!!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 28

larade

4C1D30E9-5087-4717-80DE-1CC903D97820.png

How awful!! Really feeling sorry for those who actually live in Dubai. It’s beyond embarassing to be British right now from us having the highest death rate in the world to stupid Z-listers using foreign places as a playground without sparing a thought to the people actually from these places.

• Sad
  • Wow

pipp3000

I think some of the wealthier ones are out there just for holidays as there's a travel corridor between UK and UAE, but the lower level influencers are most likely working as porta potties. Anyway things in the UK are getting bad in terms of infections and restrictions and most countries are banning travel to and from UK so can see alot of people ending stuck out somewhere.

• Heart

Bronx

I've just submitted an article to the Guardian about these idiots. Let's hope they pick it up.

• Heart

Belleboo

VIP Member
pretty sure his arse would have been handed to him by the NHS if had buggared off on holiday in the midst of a pandemic.
He’s chosen to stay with the NHS rather than just embrace the influencer life though hasn’t he? In the early series a few of them had decent jobs, how many of them have turned their backs on them for Insta fame and freebies?

Mommamia

VIP Member
Its mad too cause my friend lives in Dubai teaching and says it's so strict in regards to mask wearing ect but in the hotels seems to be a free forall

Renata

VIP Member
I think they have gone way beyond that stage. They are so self obsessed it’s like a mental
Disease. Imagine how closely they must watch their accounts, they all delete negative comments very fast. I bet they don’t sleep well.

I reckon in the future they will be classed as mentally disturbed. It cannot be normal
To focus on just bootlicking comments and live for validation of strangers.

• Heart

Gemmab78

I say close the borders!!! They can stay out there see how long it takes before they plead to be allowed back in.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Belleboo

VIP Member
I am sick to death of them talking about how their mental health was affected by staying at home so they had to go to Dubai to cheer themselves up! Do they not think everyone’s mental health is suffering? I don’t know many people who aren’t struggling at the moment. And what about the mental health of the frontliners? How are they feeling working all the hours God sends, loosing so many patients, worrying about taking it home to their families? They can’t go to fucking Dubai to cheer up can they?

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
Saying your photo shoot / Instagram pics / work outs is ‘work’ and you NEED to be in Dubai is embarrassing. I hope this is the year the ‘influencer’ is no more

• Heart
Reactions: 26