“Influencers” in Dubai - disobeying the rules

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly can’t believe they got paid to promote it and then jetted off on holiday. They’re selfish pricks. The LOT OF THEM!!!!!
Whaaaaaat?! They should be made to give that money back. Arseholes.

Reactions: 8
has anyone seen this article from the guardian regarding all these influencers in dubai. Interesting read.

I honestly can’t believe they got paid to promote it and then jetted off on holiday. They’re selfish pricks. The LOT OF THEM!!!!!
This is awful - this basically suggests that influencers have more power than the government do.

Reactions: 6
another user posted that these influencers are not staying in the expensive hotels, they are staying in cheap ones and posing in the expensive ones. Maybe not all of them got paid by the government.

I think they are getting a lot more backlash then we see & some of them will become hate figures having to watch their backs.

I personally would not want to watch my phone all day for abuse to delete it all. People are locked up and angry at them. They are fuelling that anger. Is it worth it if you become a target?

Reactions: 8
Sadly, borders not being shut.

Travel corridors closed 4am on Monday.

Bet these folk will just stay on holiday, sorry working, and not bother to come back

Reactions: 5
pretty sure his arse would have been handed to him by the NHS if had buggared off on holiday in the midst of a pandemic.
He’s chosen to stay with the NHS rather than just embrace the influencer life though hasn’t he? In the early series a few of them had decent jobs, how many of them have turned their backs on them for Insta fame and freebies?

Reactions: 28
He’s chosen to stay with the NHS rather than just embrace the influencer life though hasn’t he? In the early series a few of them had decent jobs, how many of them have turned their backs on them for Insta fame and freebies?
He also puts so many other frontline workers and people doing good on his insta too and shares their stories. He's a breath of fresh air to follow

• Heart
Reactions: 32
His brother committed suicide last year as well. He might have come across as a bit of a tit on Love Island, but I think he's genuinely a decent bloke. He was doing regular interviews with Kay Burley on Sky's breakfast news show during the first lockdown.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
He also puts so many other frontline workers and people doing good on his insta too and shares their stories. He's a breath of fresh air to follow
Yes I’ve just started following him and the first thing I saw were appreciation posts for key workers, he is very refreshing, he actually seems to care.

Reactions: 11
ALL travel corridors closing from Monday -this has just been announced.
Whilst it’s great for the likes of influencers and the money grabbers
For myself with a husband overseas it’s a massive blow once again!
even with if the testing and isolating etc it means that his company will be keeping him away from the UK. I’m in tears.

Thanks to the bleeping rule breaking twatheads going on holiday for “work”

If I didn’t hate the influencer culture enough it’s completely pissed me off tonight
Selfish bleeping wankers the lot

• Sad
Reactions: 25
His brother committed suicide last year as well. He might have come across as a bit of a tit on Love Island, but I think he's genuinely a decent bloke. He was doing regular interviews with Kay Burley on Sky's breakfast news show during the first lockdown.
Yeah I didn’t like him on Love Island but he’s really putting the rest of them to shame. I don’t know how any of them dare look him in the eyes, when he is frontline and they’re swanning about doing what they want. It’s so sad about his brother and even more commendable that he’s still there at the hospital every day saving lives when he’s grieving ❤

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.