Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
No one should feel sorry for her on the basis of being a solo mum. She is far from it and and insult to real single mothers.

She is a 'solo mum' who is not working at the moment and has one child in nursery, at the very least part time, and family nearby to help her sometimes (like her mum when she went to Haven).

Real single mums work, many full time, and have to support two children with that one salary. Shan has two incomes (main job plus social media) plus Ash's which is how she can afford some me time, and a good lifestyle which real single mums don't get.

If one of the children cries at night she has the option of telling her useless husband to get up for once so she can get some sleep. And maybe 1 time out of 10 he might do. Single mothers don't have that choice.

Her whole 'woe is me' persona because her husband wont help her enough is really tiresome.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

ohsosweet

I cannot bear this “I’m proud of you” trend. It literally makes me want to vomit in my mouth. It’s literally impossible to feel proud of complete strangers on the internet, especially when it’s based on drivel.

Also, I know I said it recently, but when is she going to stop calling G a toddler? He’s a little boy now at nearly 4. She shouldn’t be proud of herself if she can only muster an “ounce” of patience with her son. Do better, it was your choice to have another child. Stop blaming him for normal child behaviour. 15 minutes of play does not warrant 1 hour of screen time.

Reactions: 11

ohsosweet

Possibly a random thing to nitpick at but I’m going to, because I find her phrasing odd.

Mother’s Day post on insta, “Even if they don’t always show it, you really do mean the entire world to your littlies.” I just think this emphasises her absolute narcissism. Why would her children need to “show it”? They’re 3 and 0! She’s in charge of showing affection, not expecting it the other way around!

Reactions: 10

VirgoGossip

Chatty Member
Maybe she realised that him working away wasn't the only reason he never dealt with the kids and its also down to the fact he is a massive, bone idle brat. I know her parenting abilities are....let's go with 'questionable' 🤣 but it's clear that even now he's home and even when he was home when he worked away he was always about him and left her to always do the parenting.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I got 'prick' vibes when she said in a vlog he took the coffee back to work with him when he was in the army leaving her with none even though that meant she'd have to have all the extra faff of going to the shop with a baby when he could've just got some himself. Maybe it makes me petty, but it still annoys me years later!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I actually can't believe that she's not had it seen to, however... Would this really be the first time she's mentioning it of it had been going on that long 🤔 all the sleep issues and 'solutions' she's promoted and said have worked etc not once has she mentioned of him saying he had any pain. It is neglectful you're right, poor kid, so she's got Halle at private appointments the second she can't sit at a certain age (very prematurity that she worried about this in my opinion) however George is awake every night for half his life complaining of pains in legs etc and she's not attempted to get any advice or help??????????

graceanatomy

Chatty Member
Honestly Shan’s vlogs are just so depressing. I’m currently pregnant with my second baby and I am terrified because of what I see. Halle’s incorrect position in the carrier… she used to do the same with George, how she hasn’t learned? Also am I the only one who thinks their current house is such a downgrade from their previous house? What was the reason for purchasing this house? The kitchen and tiny living room is confusing
Shan is not a good example of a mum of two. Or any kind of mum 😂 I have a 5 month old and a 17 month old and I am with them both pretty much 24/7 and I love my life. some days are intense, sure, but on the whole I have a lot of joy every single day! I'm not just "out there trying to survive" or "in the trenches" or whatever other phrases she likes to churn out. She is just a misery guts.

___
I can't even remember her old house now but agree the house they're currently in is nothing special. It's got absolutely zero personality. I think she knows this and is gutted it is not more instagrammable

• Heart

mindfulmamma

I have to agree with Cosmic, that Ash doesn’t seem completely absent.

Admittedly, I don’t watch every single video so I don’t know fully the ‘picture’ that Shan paints.

However… she chose to marry and have children with a man in the military (that’s not to discredit how hard it is for military families, a lot of my family were). Many vlogs/posts when he would come home from the weekend Ash would be cooking tea for them, or playing with George or asleep on the sofa with George so he clearly spends time with the children.

Shan used to regularly post about their weekends trips out or short breaks. I think the thing now is that since he’s left the military and they’ve been in that house, she’s had a list as long as her arm of all the things she wanted done in the house. And who has done it all? Ash!

My other half is pretty domesticated, does a lot of the cooking and is great with our child. We want stuff doing in the house that he would ordinarily do and we’ve agreed (after me being pretty adamant 😂) that we will pay someone so it doesn’t impact on family time and the ability for us both to parent and have a break occasionally.

If you’re going to ask for a whole new kitchen, stud wall in the living room, new bathroom and Christ knows what else, where your other half is primary contractor, I think as a parent you’ve got accept the fact that you’re going to be picking up the slack for a bit.

Also there’s still been several recent clips where Shan has gone shopping alone or she’s said Ash has taken George somewhere.

Not saying this guy is perfect by any stretch but I think Shan probably needs to put her little violin back in its case to be honest.

• Heart

Puffin_island

VIP Member
If they are "screaming at" her, it's probably because they've tried not screaming to be listened to and it didn't work so it's perfectly natural for a child to start shouting to try be heard.

She's basically a giant toddler having a tantrum on the Internet every time she has to parent the children she chose to gave birth to 🙄

Reactions: 8

MrsHeather

I genuinely don’t understand letting him sleep at 4pm. I would rather put up with mine being tired and whiny for a couple of hours and then put her to bed at 6pm, than have her up until 11pm. How is anyone this chaotic?
The amount she moans about being a mum you'd think she would want a few child free hours every evening. I love my babies and love being a mum, but come 7pm I need them in bed so I can have my alone time 😂

Sophs2095

Finally watched her newest vlog. Why has it taken her 8 months to realise she can go for a coffee with Halle on maternity leave?

• Haha

Bubblecan

I've not seen much of her content lately, but watched her vlog last night, then seen tonight's stories. What on earth is going on.
She's complaining about her bathroom being done? Seriously? Why on earth have they bought a house that needs work on it when she quite clearly cannot stand the fact it makes mess, it takes time, it is stressful with kids.
Heck we've done a full Reno around our 2. Yes it was difficult at times, but me and my husband chose for it to be this way. She honestly thinks it's all going to be done instantly doesn't she.
But jeez, you would think the entire house had collapsed inside with the way she is acting.

And tonight stories about going round to families so the adults can get a takeaway?? So yet another weekday night where G & H don't have a bedtime routine, they don't have stability, they will likely struggle with their sleep due to this, then she will moan and complain and claim she is being 'shouted at' by her tired kids. Oh poor you

"cant lie, I've been feeling a little deflated recently".... Have you? Because you're churning out reels suggesting you've got it all *sussed*.

Shan make your mind up, also don't say it like she's finally admitting to a 'bit of reality' like she doesn't moan 24/7 it's so irritating. She hates her life it's so clear. She attempts to make it look glamorous but she isn't fooling anyone

minalina

We’ve all surely been there at least once when a toddler/child falls asleep in their clothes and it’s pretty much bedtime anyway. You get them out their clothes, into PJs and brush their teeth, surely?! Even if it wakes them up and causes tears or a nightmare bedtime - stressful, sure, but that’s just how it is sometimes. I just absolutely cannot fathom not changing and brushing their teeth before bed.

samalambbxtch

Chatty Member
What I took from the vlog, she very clearly lets hallie cry herself to sleep.. that doesn’t sound very gentle parenting like!
George still wearing the same clothes from the day before… tell us you don’t wash your kid without telling us Shan.
that boys lack of routine is absolutely astounding, there’s no wonder at all he struggles with sleep.
it’s clear how exhasberated she sounds with George, there’s absolutely no way she would have been speaking to him that calmly without the camera there.
when they go out Shan is wearing 2 jackets, George a coat and Hallies in nothing, not even socks.

Reactions: 7

zoomies

This is disgusting - saying her son is emotionally manipulating her?! The levels she is going to for views and attention are vile. Poor George might find all of this when he's older, rather than seeing things that say how much his mum loved him, all he will see is that she thought he was emotionally manipulative, difficult etc...poor poor child.

Attachments

• Sad
  • Angry

graceanatomy

Chatty Member
The new job seems so much worse than the army situation. How is this an upgrade. He leaves and gets home so early/late that he's not there anyway. Is being a drive around repair man who has to leave the house before 5am really the best he could find after years and years in the army?