HomewithShan #6 Still ignores her kids & asks ‘why does George scream at me?’, would take a poke in eye for free

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know why she woke him up either. Just put the boy to bed if it’s half 5 and asleep on the sofa. He’s clearly exhausted!
Exactly! When my toddler is like that, I either just let her go to sleep and abandon bath time and put her into pj's and bed then mentally prepare myself (or tell husband depending whose turn it is) that tomorrow will be an early start. Otherwise I go sit and play with her to try keep her awake a bit longer, which usually works! But either of those methods involve spending time with your child, something Shan isn't known for.

Screenshot_2024-03-11-16-34-04-46_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

You would be able to afford the ingredients you get from Hello Fresh, it just means you have to actually spend your own money and not rely on people using your discount code. 🙄

I've said it before and sure others have too but Hello Fresh and the likes aren't really good value unless you have a discount code. They're great for convenience and we do occasionally get them, usually if we're going away for a few days so don't need to do a big shop while away but otherwise I don't rate them. And I think Gousto is much better in terms for recipes compared to hello fresh anyway 😅 I found hello fresh was mostly pasta based which are dirt cheap to make anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I 100% agree. HelloFresh is appalling value at full price and its mostly rice or pasta fillers.

I personally prefer Mindful Chef which has no fillers but I also found it expensive versus planning your own meals and buying ingredients in a supermarket.

If Shan was any good at her job she would be comparing pros and cons of the competition and explain why HelloFresh is better but she is either too dumb for that or just doesn't care enough about doing a good job.

Im still baffled george is having accidents after all this time.. My daughter is nearly 3 and she's been potty trained since July time last year and she has zero accidents. 🙈

She clearly has a good amount of deposable income so yeah i dont get why she doesnt do more with the children, doesn't even have to be stuff that costs money. I also don't know about anyone else but I'm literally the mum with all the other kids having fun when I go to softplay 😅 looking after everyone's kids.

Reactions: 1
Yep my middle one, we started him in the August before he turned 3. He couldn't get it. Wasn't ready, had loads of accidents or would hold it for hours. So I stopped, had a break and started him again just after Christmas. It took until Easter for us to be fully there but he's fine now and now dry overnight.
G isn't ready. Well he probably would be ready now but has probably lost confidence.

Yep my middle one, we started him in the August before he turned 3. He couldn't get it. Wasn't ready, had loads of accidents or would hold it for hours. So I stopped, had a break and started him again just after Christmas. It took until Easter for us to be fully there but he's fine now and now dry overnight.
G isn't ready. Well he probably would be ready now but has probably lost confidence.
Yeah exactly what I would've done revalute the situation. My daughter was great tbf but soon as we put pants on her she started weeing so we resulted back to commando. That worked great. She just seems to have tried it because she wanted to save money om nappies 😆

I think she tried it because she thought she should without bothering to meet her child where he was at.

Saving money on nappies, one less thing she has to do for George, probably desperate to make a 'How I Trained My Toddler (WITH A X MONTH OLD BABY) vlog...also probably hoping someone out there offers her some kind of freebie. All very Shan reasons to want to rush her child into being potty trained.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Saving money on nappies, one less thing she has to do for George, probably desperate to make a 'How I Trained My Toddler (WITH A X MONTH OLD BABY) vlog...also probably hoping someone out there offers her some kind of freebie. All very Shan reasons to want to rush her child into being potty trained.
By all means I didn't expect to train my daughter at 24months old but she knew she would tell us and I was off work I just thought well try it I'm doing this ordered the book, read that, literally while following her around the garden. But she smashed it, she now goes to nursery and has zero accidents. Wasn't brave enough to do night time though that's the next step. 🙈

Shan just went all in without actually looking into it I think and it hasn't really worked its been a while now and he's still having quite few accidents (as she likes to tell the whole world)

Oh wow I just can't with her constant reels! More fool her for picking toys up at 9pm 🙄 I'm currently pregnant and my son's 2.5 and I've been teaching him to tidy his toys up for the past couple of months now in prep for getting him to be more independent etc. we've bought a kallax so all his toys go in the different boxes and he's great. And he is by NO MEANS an easy child. Toys get tidied up before meal times and then it's bath/stories/snuggles and watching something before bed. I don't feel like she sets any expectations? Don't get me wrong things don't always go to plan etc but she's got her husband there every evening. Letting him sleep at 4pm and then trashing the living room of toys does not set you up for a successful evening/bedtime

I genuinely don’t understand letting him sleep at 4pm. I would rather put up with mine being tired and whiny for a couple of hours and then put her to bed at 6pm, than have her up until 11pm. How is anyone this chaotic?

Reactions: 3
I genuinely don’t understand letting him sleep at 4pm. I would rather put up with mine being tired and whiny for a couple of hours and then put her to bed at 6pm, than have her up until 11pm. How is anyone this chaotic?
The amount she moans about being a mum you'd think she would want a few child free hours every evening. I love my babies and love being a mum, but come 7pm I need them in bed so I can have my alone time 😂

Reactions: 8
Also, how long is it actually taking her to tidy up?!?!

My LG isn't the best at tidying up but we're working on it and even if it a mess, it takes one of us no more than 5 minutes to clear it up, maybe 10 minutes max if set up an activity for the next day too. However that doesn't include the time it takes setting up a camera and pulling faces until you get the right shot while tidying up too.

I'm sure she's mentioned she's knows she's a bit of a control freak. She definitely comes across as one of those types who will complain she has to do everything because her husband doesn't "do it properly" (or from what we see, doesn't do anything!) ie. Do it to her standards and neither of them will compromise to find middle ground so she just throws an Internet tantrum on the form of a "funny reel" because she has to do everything.

Letting him sleep at 4pm and then trashing the living room of toys does not set you up for a successful evening/bedtime
The thought of my son napping at 4pm makes me anxious! 🤣 Absolutely no chance I'd be letting him sleep at that time, I'd be banging pots and pans 🤣

Also why is the living room even so trashed. We tidy up and have quiet time at least an hour before bedtime. All toys away, telly gets turned off, he knows he can have his books or can play quietly with his teddies. No noisy/messy toys and nothing that's too stimulating. My son is not even 2 and a half yet and he knows the score with all this so surely Shan can implement similar with George. But that takes effort doesn't it 🙃

I know he doesn't want to be on social media, but it's the weekend and there didn't appear to be any sign of Ash during this "treat" outing.

I suppose if their marriage ends, she'll be used to living like a single parent already. 🙃

Where do I even start...? For anyone that is blocked:

- Keeps complaining about kids being 'a lot' rather than remotely considering being grateful for her great family life, even if it's just the once.

- Mentions how a Lidl shopping trip is like a 'spa day' as if being away from the children is the best thing that ever happened to her.

- keeps talking about kids screaming at her as if this is a choice they make and it isn't her fault

- has paused her HelloFresh to see how much her shopping would cost (pretty sure it'd be cheaper).

- mentions how only Aldi (or Lidl?) is cheap enough that she can get her shopping done for under £100. For someone that boasts about being financially savvy, she sure does not understand the basics of 'shopping around'. You can get your shopping done in a couple supermarkets and just choose what is cheapest from each.

- has just discovered doing free activities with the kids. Geeez!! Isn't she a mum-fluencer? surely finding out cheap activities to do with the kids should be part of her content? So much easier to flog out overpriced PJs and cr@ppy toys from amazon though.

She ends with a thank you to some follower that approached her and 'made her day'. When we all know she will never speak to her again and probably ignore her next time.

Basically if you've not followed her for a while, nothing has changed.

Attachments

She's probably not using Hello Fresh because she's not got enough credit to get a free box. 😂

We used to normally do our main food shop at Sainsbury's and get bits from Aldi if we needed anything extra in the week. Then last year I thought I'd try shop around and after going to 3 different supermarkets to get the best deals, we only saved about £5 to £10 compared to our usual shop in Sainsbury's so just ended up doing what we used to do. If we save our nectar points for the year, it usually ends up with enough money to cover the most of the Christmas food shop too which is an added bonus and we get extra nectar points when we shop at Sainsbury's because we have their credit card.

I actually always end up spending more at Lidl or Aldi because I'll nip in for a handful of items but then the bloody middle aisles get me 😂

I'm not going to even get started on her revelation on days out for entertaining children.

• Haha
I've just watched those stories 🤣🤣 she completely contradicts herself..... How does she know that Lidl is the only place she can get a full shop for under £100 if it's the first time she's done it in ages?? 🤔 I don't have a baby so don't need to factor formula but I think £100 is wayy doable! Not sure what she's buying but with cost of living we've just made cheaper choices! Also, as if she's said that kids entertainment is one area she's not willing to go over 'budget' like wtf are you FOR REAL?! Family time is the one area we allow to overspend! It's the most important? Would be interested to know which areas she's happy overspending after hearing that 🙃 at this stage I'm almost convinced that they're a lot more worse off now ash has left the army because with both their wages living in a very 'average' house plus ads and YouTube etc she's incredibly frugal
---
She's probably not using Hello Fresh because she's not got enough credit to get a free box. 😂
I was going to say this too 🤣🤣 it's 100% the real reason!!!!

We used to normally do our main food shop at Sainsbury's and get bits from Aldi if we needed anything extra in the week. Then last year I thought I'd try shop around and after going to 3 different supermarkets to get the best deals, we only saved about £5 to £10 compared to our usual shop in Sainsbury's so just ended up doing what we used to do. If we save our nectar points for the year, it usually ends up with enough money to cover the most of the Christmas food shop too which is an added bonus and we get extra nectar points when we shop at Sainsbury's because we have their credit card.

I actually always end up spending more at Lidl or Aldi because I'll nip in for a handful of items but then the bloody middle aisles get me 😂

I'm not going to even get started on her revelation on days out for entertaining children.
Don’t that bloody middle aisle!! I also get things that sound different in there that weren’t on the list! The garlic bread crisps were rubbish had high hopes for them!

• Haha