HomewithShan#6 Still ignores her kids & asks ‘why does George scream at me?’, would take a poke in eye for free

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you @VirgoGossip for the thread title! Had to modify it a little as it was apparently too long!

Last threads summary
"civvy street" isn't going as Shan expected it. Still complains her kids are always "screaming at her"
Constantly complaining Halle isn't reaching any milestones when she isn't doing anything to help her do that.
Still making crap and cringe reels
Makes nearly 40 mins vlogs and after either. Hello fresh or a skin&me advert she has no actual content and repeats herself about 4 times in a nearly 40 mins vlog about how mums deserve a break when her life in a constant break from being one.
---
Just r- read what I wrote and I've accidentally repeated myself in the last sentence. Shan's rubbing off on me..... 😂 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I totally agree that civvy street is totally different to how she thought it would be, but I wonder if that's because she had wishful thinking/ 'unrealistic expectations' (which in this case I don't think it's unreasonable to expect/hope your husband to step up and have a more active parenting role now that he is home every day) or because Ash made promise he hasn't kept. My gut feeling is Ash is the type to make it clear he will do things his own way and Shan will just have to put up with up regardless of if she likes it or not.

Reactions: 3
I totally agree that civvy street is totally different to how she thought it would be, but I wonder if that's because she had wishful thinking/ 'unrealistic expectations' (which in this case I don't think it's unreasonable to expect/hope your husband to step up and have a more active parenting role now that he is home every day) or because Ash made promise he hasn't kept. My gut feeling is Ash is the type to make it clear he will do things his own way and Shan will just have to put up with up regardless of if she likes it or not.
I feel like he's working in London or somewhere he has to commute far too. Like he's up and gone before Shan and the kids, then home just in time for dinner or bedtime

Reactions: 1
It's mad that she literally never mentions him. They could split up and it wouldn't make any difference. The only thing she used to post is when she would go to that fitness class and say he was at home for the kids. She actually mentioned him wayyyy more when he was in the army!

Reactions: 4
Maybe she realised that him working away wasn't the only reason he never dealt with the kids and its also down to the fact he is a massive, bone idle brat. I know her parenting abilities are....let's go with 'questionable' 🤣 but it's clear that even now he's home and even when he was home when he worked away he was always about him and left her to always do the parenting.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I got 'prick' vibes when she said in a vlog he took the coffee back to work with him when he was in the army leaving her with none even though that meant she'd have to have all the extra faff of going to the shop with a baby when he could've just got some himself. Maybe it makes me petty, but it still annoys me years later!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I got 'prick' vibes when she said in a vlog he took the coffee back to work with him when he was in the army leaving her with none even though that meant she'd have to have all the extra faff of going to the shop with a baby when he could've just got some himself. Maybe it makes me petty, but it still annoys me years later!
I would be absolutely fuming if my husband did that.

Reactions: 5
Maybe she realised that him working away wasn't the only reason he never dealt with the kids and its also down to the fact he is a massive, bone idle brat. I know her parenting abilities are....let's go with 'questionable' 🤣 but it's clear that even now he's home and even when he was home when he worked away he was always about him and left her to always do the parenting.

Omg I remember that! Surely you'd think to maybe just decant some into a little tub to take with you.

He's definitely bone idle. I'm guessing he works away or long hours. She still seem so excited when he looks after the kids for a few hours so he's definitely not always there pulling his weight. Even if he has to leave early, there's things he could so easily do to help out. I think that's why he ended up finding someone a lot younger and naive so he could do what he wants. Anyone whose a similar age to him would tell him to pull his finger out. Wasn't Shan around 16 when she got with him? That's still quite young to know what to expect from a proper relationship. He obviously must put her high up on a pedestal so she gets the attention and validation off him so just does everything to keep him happy and keep getting that attention off him. I get grooming/Andrew Tate vibes off him. 🤮 and I hardly know anything about him! 😂

I think everyone I know that got with someone under the age of 21 have all split up by the time they got to mid 30. I know that isn't always true but I can definitely predict Shan will be within that statistic of mine.

Reactions: 2
I mentioned a while ago how the way she speaks about him has changed. She used to gush about him all the time, what a great dad he was, how much they loved him blah blah. These days she only mentions him to complain or like you say, to make a big deal about him looking after the kids.

If he is a repair man, he might cover a wide area and go door to door fixing things. Usually those jobs are long hours driving all over the place. Its a great environment for him to cheat - I wouldnt put it past him.

I feel sorry for her. Her youtube channel is losing subscribers in the 00s, she's stuck at home struggling to look after 2 small children, her husband is never around and useless and she has been replaced at work. Those are the 'realistic' things she should be posting about.

The new job seems so much worse than the army situation. How is this an upgrade. He leaves and gets home so early/late that he's not there anyway. Is being a drive around repair man who has to leave the house before 5am really the best he could find after years and years in the army?

Reactions: 7
I think he has something to do with refrigeration/aircon so unless he's like a local repairman he probably works for a company they does large contracts in warehouses/commercial buildings so probably involves travelling and maybe overnight stays. Like @graceanatomy says, the army job was probably a bit more stable and predictable Shan is probably worse off and Ash still gets the lazy life.

I think he has something to do with refrigeration/aircon so unless he's like a local repairman he probably works for a company they does large contracts in warehouses/commercial buildings so probably involves travelling and maybe overnight stays. Like @graceanatomy says, the army job was probably a bit more stable and predictable Shan is probably worse off and Ash still gets the lazy life.
Surely that either way they mustve known what he was getting into right? There's no way he got the job and they didn't know how much he'd be away from home.

So either that was the only or the best paid job he could get, or they lied to him thru the interview process.

No it's not?? She's just so negative ALL the time!! Yes there are times when things are hard but that's just part and parcel of being a mum. And it doesn't last that long, everything's a phase. I thought she had got H into a good routine? She's just full of tit trying to make these relatable reels but they just make her look like she hates motherhood.... If she would just say that out loud then I think she would get more respect. Also, if she's that hungry why isn't she already eating with the kids? Have a sandwich with G for lunch.... Oh wait sorry she can only eat fully cooked hello fresh meals which are recorded to earn money 🙄🙄🙄 it's your own fault you're hungry Shan! Grab a packet of crisps or crackers FFS

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Came on to say the same thing. Every comment about being a parent is about how difficult it is when G does X, Y and Z. But don’t worry, she earned her time off so watched an entire movie, all before lunchtime.

I stumbled upon another account that is all about realisitc morherhood (thanks IG for recommending 🤨). It had a lot more followers and frankly she was really funny. But not once she sounded like she was constantly whinging nor ever critisised her children.

Its only Shan who thinks being realistic means only showing the bad stuff and being negative about motherhood nonstop!

Screenshot_2024-02-24-21-11-52-75_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

New video coming tomorrow and it's a "let's all talk about me." I am intrigued by the going back to work bit though!

• Heart
Surely that either way they mustve known what he was getting into right? There's no way he got the job and they didn't know how much he'd be away from home.

So either that was the only or the best paid job he could get, or they lied to him thru the interview process.
Or he knew fine well but just didn't tell Shan 😏

• Heart
I'm interested in the potty training because she's been doing it for months and is still constantly whinging about wet beds and changes of clothes. G clearly isn't ready!
And defo not ready for nighttime dryness. My eldest wasn't dry at night until age 6. My middle was dry at night at 3. They are all different and there's nothing you can do about it.
If he's still, after all this time, having accidents in the day like she intimates he clearly isn't ready.

Reactions: 4