HomewithShan #6 Still ignores her kids & asks ‘why does George scream at me?’, would take a poke in eye for free

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is absolutely deluded. Halle is not a velcro baby in the slightest 😂 😂 my god what world is she living in!? She gives me so much second hand embarrassment and pisses me off that much that I can't even hate watch her anymore. She's obviously heard someone use the term velcro baby and has latched on to it like she does with everything else.
---
I think it’s because she realises she was quite cold in those first few months and she won’t get that time back. I adored the months of contact naps but definitely love that my LO naps in their cot now haha. But it was such a lovely time! So many instamoms rush to sleep train and show off how self sufficient their baby is - and then look back and realised they’ll never get those cuddles and contact naps back.
Agree, I contacted nap through choice during the day whenever we were at home and I absolutely loved it. As you say we never get that time back so to sleep train from such an early age like Shan did is totally barbaric. She's so selfish an puts her needs way above the kids, chores are heaps more important to her than bonding with her children. I don't know why but despite her banging on about how much housework she does constantly I just get the vibe that her house is actually filthy.

Reactions: 2
I don’t think she knows the meaning of the world Velcro baby. I think it’s just an excuse to stick G in front of the telly whilst he’s ill. There isn’t a need to make an excuse either. If that’s all he is up to then I’d be doing the same thing. That’s part of having multiple children though - one will be the ill whilst the other isn’t and you have to split your time between them.

My definition of Velcro baby is my toddler standing at the stair gate every morning whilst I’m in the shower wanting me to hold him. My husband is getting dressed too but wants to be put down so that he can get to me and stropping because he can’t. Refusing his cot night after night because he wants to sleep next to me. Wanting me to carry him round all day. Climbing on my lap during my own meal times because he wants to be held and as we speak, waking up from his nap an hour early because he’s discovered he’s in his cot and wants to finish the nap in my arms. That’s a Velcro baby. He’s been like it since he was born in 2022. Never liked a Moses basket, swing, chair. As far as I see from pictures and vlogs, H is always happily playing with toys and on her mat.

She constantly films herself putting Hallie in the high chair every morning while she makes and drinks her coffee or films from the kitchen while she is napping not on her, but is now claiming she has a Velcro baby. Like someone else said, she’s obviously just heard that term and copied it. It will be her next ‘thing’ like when everything humbled her.

Reactions: 4
This is another case of Shan diagnosing herself/her kids due to a lack of context and experience.
Takes a few months conceiving - Struggling to conceive/infertility
Hallle can't sit upright soon enough - It must be she and Halle has hypermobility (for reference, real hypermobility is crippling and restrictive. Shan does NOT have it and Halle is too young to be diagnosed by any doctor). Kids with hypermobility have serious struggle meetiing gross motor milestones so I'm confident Halle doesnt have it either.
Halle won't play by herself when Shan wants to do her videos - she must be a 'velcro baby'. If she had any real mum friends instead of the virtual 'village' she claims she has, she would have some real context as to what a true velcro baby is.

Long story short - Shan needs more friends 🤣

Reactions: 3
This is another case of Shan diagnosing herself/her kids due to a lack of context and experience.
Takes a few months conceiving - Struggling to conceive/infertility
Hallle can't sit upright soon enough - It must be she and Halle has hypermobility (for reference, real hypermobility is crippling and restrictive. Shan does NOT have it and Halle is too young to be diagnosed by any doctor). Kids with hypermobility have serious struggle meetiing gross motor milestones so I'm confident Halle doesnt have it either.
Halle won't play by herself when Shan wants to do her videos - she must be a 'velcro baby'. If she had any real mum friends instead of the virtual 'village' she claims she has, she would have some real context as to what a true velcro baby is.

Long story short - Shan needs more friends 🤣
And less time on social media 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
If her vlogs now have non stop complaining about her kids in them, then she definitely isn't thriving as a mum of 2....

• Haha
Why has she got to remind herself she loves her kids? Shouldn’t it be more of “this stage won’t last forever”

How can she claim any child is clingy when she is bluntly ignoring them to take a picture?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Why does she say the same phrases so much. Being in the trenches of motherhood, her children humbling her, mummy uniform. Blah blah blah wish she’d shut up

Why does she say the same phrases so much. Being in the trenches of motherhood, her children humbling her, mummy uniform. Blah blah blah wish she’d shut up
She isn't very well educated and she is not very eloquent.

You can see that in her videos where her speaking is also repetitive but mostly does not follow a well-thought-out storyline or any structure. Her general vocabulary is lacking so she uses either new words/terms she has just learned or "influencer" jargon that makes her think she is cooler than she actually is.

She would benefit from having a wider social circle (even if this was online) to be exposed to a more extensive range of vocabulary but we are all painfully aware that this is unlikely to happen.

I still struggle to figure out how she managed to get her current job.

Finally watched her newest vlog. Why has it taken her 8 months to realise she can go for a coffee with Halle on maternity leave?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Shan is most definitely copying inspired by her new bestie and tagging her with the timer clean up reel to help grab some of her followers 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Shan is most definitely copying inspired by her new bestie and tagging her with the timer clean up reel to help grab some of her followers 😂
Total replica of Liv's videos even down to the way she talks and introduces herself. I'd be foaming if I was Liv 😂 the girl doesn't have a single ounce of originality

• Wow
Do you guys think that is how she copes at work and how she landed the role? By copying others to make herself look better than what she is?

I have no doubt

Do you guys think that is how she copes at work and how she landed the role? By copying others to make herself look better than what she is?

I have no doubt
Wouldn't shock me if she or more likely her family knew someone who had connections. She doesn't seem like someone who would thrive in that kind of job role. Maybe it was connections or just pure luck- I doubt it was having a passion or great knowledge of politics, admin and other skills you may need to work in that role.

• Heart
Wouldn't shock me if she or more likely her family knew someone who had connections. She doesn't seem like someone who would thrive in that kind of job role. Maybe it was connections or just pure luck- I doubt it was having a passion or great knowledge of politics, admin and other skills you may need to work in that role.
She did do Politics A-level, which she reworded to "Political Science and Government". From looking at her college's site, it looks like the modules she did to get the one single A-level are: UK Politics, UK Government, Global Politics but ultimately, one single A-level. Her college does HNDs and other courses but none other in Politics. And if she had an HND I am sure she'd be shouting it from the rooftops. Pretty poor as far as education goes.

She mentions she is fluent in French in her profile. I'm sorry but I don't buy it. We would not hear the end of it if that was the truth.

She has also "enhanced" a few roles she had. It's quite bemusing 🤣 She micromanages her own finances so I can see her doing the same thing for someone's agenda but that's about it. It won't come from a position of knowledge.

The skills she has been "endorsed" for also make her sounds like some entry-level admin 😂

1712156275432.png