Harry & Meghan #57 Slimy Smeg slithers out scott free again

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think a lot of the issues stem from

1 ) she's American, its not the race issue it's the nationality issue. There is a fundamental misunderstanding of what it means to be royal, and what it means to to be a senior royal. Senior royals work hard (or should do). Its also shown in a lot of American and foreign commentary from countries without a royal family. Royal doesn't equal celebrity.

2) Meghan displays more and more individualistic and narcissistic traits

3) Prince Harry is a troubled man who has not dealt with issues. He has been enabled by the RF and his father (likely through guilt) so he has been babied (also he is the youngest). The worldwide public have also enabled him, he was and is seen as a young royal and a bit of a lovable rogue even though he is almost middle aged
I agree to this with the popular view of the Royals just turning up at premiere and galas and state dinners.

The other main issue is there are big cultural differences between the US and the UK. She had no interest in trying to overcome or understand those, I have a feeling she believed anyone who pointed out cultural differences or gave advice was being racist, when really it was a cultural thing (not saying there weren't racist issues because we know there were, but that was not the majority of people she came in contact with).

She wasn't prepared to compromise on anything, if she didn't get what she wanted (ie red carpet at the wedding) she wouldn't settle for what was offered (blue carpet) she went I won't have a carpet, it will make people think they are being mean to me.

A lot of her issues however were due to her narcissistic personality, and her unrealistic expectations of how things would go, also fed by Harry's lack of support to help her into Royal life.

There is a reason Will waited so long to get engaged he made sure that Catherine totally understood everything she was getting into and what would be expected of her. I suspect that Harry's peabrain just wanted to rush to get a wife and didn't understand his own role (and clearly still doesn't), let alone what hers would be.

Quite why W and C would be expected to help her transition to her role still baffles me, that would be her husband and advisors jobs. I know she expected them to be BFFs but that wasn't realistic given that W & C were at that point moving to become full time Royals with 2 kids and 1 on the way, and H was part time.

She marked her card very early on the the shopping trip fiasco which warned W&C who clearly listen to advice given. Unlike the Harkles who always know better than everyone.

Reactions: 35
Harry hadn’t really done any of the day to say senior royal stuff up to that point. Neither had Kate and William, their royal engagment total was way below Charles HMQ, Anne and even Prince Philip before he retired. They went to the sport, the Olympics, Wimbledon, anywhere they got a box and a good view. The did royal premiers and Royal Ascot. They did Trooping and the balcony at the jubilee. I have been very critical of all the younger royals for picking and choosing the fun jobs rather than opening hospitals and wings and glad handing the organisers of various things. w&k shut themselves up in Amner and helicoptered to a few things - at least now the kids are at school they are in London more.
Harry had also been out of it with going to play soldiers and doing charity stuff in Lesotho etc. So maybe he ‘not being that bright’ really didn’t know what was expected.
I have no problem with William and Kate having done/doing fewer engagements than Charles etc at the moment. They have very young children and I think it's important that they get to spend time with them and show them a proper family life, rather than being a distant parent and giving them a dysfunctional family life, like has been the norm in the past. They will have many years where they have all the responsibility, but by then their children will be older and self sufficient.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Phil's been admitted to hospital, according to BBC News. Doesn't look good.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
The info from LONDON PR is fascinating.....most of it is pretty obvious...

All the stuff about Meghan choosing to be advised by her American PR team to portray her as this American Disney Princess, with a past as white as snow! rather than listening to the British PR teams who warned her, that the British public would never stomach this Hollywood style story! And that she maybe needed to be a bit more honest/remorseful about elements of her actress/ yaught girl past

Through to the stuff about targeting teenagers and younger people with her PR, as they would be less likely to be suspicious, and more likely to believe the story and support her.....

But the bit that really took me off guard was the idea of Thomas Markle being one of her major PR advisors! I copied and pasted this from the original Tumblr provided by SnowyCal !

View attachment 441002

Maybe Judge Warby did the Mail on Sunday an indirect favour! Almost the whole Mail case rests on Thomas and his testimony.....if he and Meghan are miraculously reconciled........What would have happened to the case?
The Mail lose their star witness, who may change his testimony and say how sorry he is for getting involved in publishing his daughters private letter...
And although as things stand, this may look unlikely.....................father and daughter could be reconciled .........brought together by a famous media figure like Oprah!!
nope. not buying it. if it was Thomas Markle PR to make the BRF look like jerks, the letter would have not been written and instead there would have been MUCH more BRF interference/involvement. not buying it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
0FF0FFA5-C21E-4174-B158-F04E1833E59A.jpeg

He’s probably been ‘incandescent with rage’ thanks to those privacy seekers and scabbie obie

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I have no problem with William and Kate having done/doing fewer engagements than Charles etc at the moment. They have very young children and I think it's important that they get to spend time with them and show them a proper family life, rather than being a distant parent and giving them a dysfunctional family life, like has been the norm in the past. They will have many years where they have all the responsibility, but by then their children will be older and self sufficient.
Also - homeschooling THREE kids. Ok - they probably have folks helping them but still. Also -- the putting out of the fires lit by Hazno.... fultime job at this point

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It's also interesting if they are having twins, that's 3 children. 1 more than the maximum of 2 that we should all have (according to them).

No royal marriage tgat has been rushed has worked out....

I do believe W and C are being as normal a parents as possible with homeschooling etc. Sure they still have it good, but I don't believe they have multiple nannies and tutors doing it. They both wanted to be as normal parents as possible and William has seen what the traditional royal upbringing can do.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Oh tit, hope big Phil will be OK. I know the rumours go round about him every few months but it won't make it any less sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
View attachment 441569
He’s probably been ‘incandescent with rage’ thanks to those privacy seekers and scabbie obie
I told you, I wouldn't put it past Phil to die out of spite.

Imagine the press if Phil dies mid pandemic aged 100, and these two grifters attempt a tear stained interview with Oprah? They'll be vilified.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
I wouldn't put it past Phil to drop off the twig in the next 3 weeks just to nix the Oprah tell all.

None of these 'heartfelt interviews to clear the air' have ever ended well for the royal concerned, from the Di/Chas interviews in the 90s to sweaty Andrew getting pummelled by Emily Maitlis.

Prediction: low viewing figures stateside, and a massive backlash in the UK press e.g. 'how dare they disrespect Liz'
Breaking news: Duke of Edinburgh admitted into hospital as a precaution after feeling unwell - not a joke.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I told you, I wouldn't put it past Phil to die out of spite.

Imagine the press if Phil dies mid pandemic aged 100, and these two grifters attempt a tear stained interview with Oprah? They'll be vilified.
They may also have to choose between his grandfather's funeral/paying respects and his interview. Also if it ends up being heart issues then stress could be a factor. It has potential to really blow up in their faces. I would never treat my grandparents like that

I suspect if Prince Phillip dies it will be a quiet private funeral followed by a big public thanksgiving type ceremony when covid allows

Reactions: 24
Breaking news: Duke of Edinburgh admitted into hospital as a precaution after feeling unwell - not a joke.
I hope they've got a separate wing for him. Too many people going into my daughter's hospital with other illnesses and catching Covid.

Reactions: 19
They may also have to choose between his grandfather's funeral/paying respects and his interview. Also if it ends up being heart issues then stress could be a factor. It has potential to really blow up in their faces. I would never treat my grandparents like that

I suspect if Prince Phillip dies it will be a quiet private funeral followed by a big public thanksgiving type ceremony when covid allows
Pretty sure he'd already specified he didn't want the full state funeral. The news will be full of it for days on end, though.

The narrative will be all about the brave, stoic Queen, losing her husband in the midst of this crisis, how Will and Kate have been loyally serving the crown, gratitude to the NHS.

Bit tough to muscle in on that, when you've been sitting it out in the sunshine, moaning about how no-one loves you. The UK tabloids will be all over them.

Reactions: 33
I hope Harry pulls out of the interview. I know he's probably a mandatory part of the Oprah deal because people still care more about blood royalty than someone who keeps marrying people that can advance her career, but this isn't a good look. I don't know what his army buddies think, but this is all so disappointing.

Reactions: 20
It's HMQ and W&K that I feel sorry for. Worrying about what the 2 grifters are going to say in the interview, the embarrassment of family life being aired and now this concerning news about PP.

Reactions: 28
Pretty sure he'd already specified he didn't want the full state funeral. The news will be full of it for days on end, though.

The narrative will be all about the brave, stoic Queen, losing her husband in the midst of this crisis, how Will and Kate have been loyally serving the crown, gratitude to the NHS.

Bit tough to muscle in on that, when you've been sitting it out in the sunshine, moaning about how no-one loves you. The UK tabloids will be all over them.
Yeah he apparently did but I'm sure the Queen will want him recognised somehow. Certainly would be the biggest royal death in 20 years.

H and M will have to be very careful how they handle it. And I'm not sure their PR people are subtle enough to do a good job of it

Reactions: 23
I hope Harry pulls out of the interview. I know he's probably a mandatory part of the Oprah deal because people still care more about blood royalty than someone who keeps marrying people that can advance her career, but this isn't a good look. I don't know what his army buddies think, but this is all so disappointing.
A sudden appearance by Haz will be a clue as to how serious this is with Phil.

A 'Grandpa's dying, get over here' phone call would mess up the Oprah chat.

Reactions: 15
. It has potential to really blow up in their faces. I would never treat my grandparents like that
Would Harry ever recover ? He is an emotional wreck now... and he will be made to feel at fault if Pr. Philip dies... the pressure would be too hard for him to bear..poor darling Haz... :mad:

• Sick
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.