Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monicalewinsky

Also, she was pregnant ( I believe she was) and could have sought help from her medical team regarding her mental health, she’s a liar.
My fave part was the “I went to HR” like..... Surely for someone supposedly well educated, you’d know that HR is for complaining about your boss not your in-laws????

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I don't know what possessed me to do this...but I got into an argument with one of the woke brigade on Twitter. I stated that Kate had it far worse than Meghan with the british press(sorry for anyone who disagrees but she did, kate was door stopped and chased down the street) Meghan has NEVER been at risk from the press in this country. For all my efforts to try to explain in a calm rational matter the amount of BLM that came for me...Jesus Christ. Today I've been told that I'm a silly white bitch and I'm so embedded in my white privilege that I can't see what's in front of me. I dislike Meghan because she's such an obvious twat, nothing to do with skin colour.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 55

Samf2020

Chatty Member
She is going to use this against him in the divorce, he left her alone with a baby while pregnant in a house that is not safe to spend time with the horrible racists who made her leave the country.
Poor ginge too stupid to realise that he is being played.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 54

LadyMuck

VIP Member
I think the RF are genuinely surprised and touched at the outpouring of tributes for PP. Especially after that horrendous interview. As I've said before, I think there will be crowds lining the streets in Windsor on day of funeral to show support and respect

• Heart

Baguette

VIP Member
There is something odd about the Palace announcement.
Tin foil hat..
What if she arives with Harry, claims that she wanted to "support" him, but didn't want to "overshadow" the Royals by announcing that she will be there, because well as we now.. she is the most popular Royal.
The oddity is the protocol in this, Bucks is exposing it self to later claims that additional information was witheld by them.
Relevant, because she sent letters on Kensington stationary after no longer being at Kensington. They are prone to deception and lying.
Telegraph say that THE DUCHESS is 'approximately' 33 weeks pregnant. That's fairly specific to me. The BP quote is very interesting. It does not mention the word 'pregnant'.

A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said: “The Duke of Sussex is planning to attend. The Duchess of Sussex has been advised by her physician not to travel.”

ETA: Also notice that Harry 'is planning' to attend. Not that he has been invited...

• Haha
  • Wow

imnotarobot

Why the sudden dash over now PP has passed? Would have been nice for him to visit his grandfather when he was still alive. I can’t imagine anyone in the family will be grateful for his ‘support’ right now. What an utter tool.
never understood this. When my dad died at 50 his brother who made no attempt to keep in touch during his lifetime made a cross country trek to come to the funeral...we had to delay things so he could be there in time. Blew in like a rock star, perfect attentive son to my grandma who hadn’t seen him in years either....the morning after the funeral (like 5 am or something) they’d gone without saying goodbye to anyone. Dad would have been so pissed off. Made what was a shit day anyway a truly shit one. Nanna was absolutely devastated.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 53

50sGirl

VIP Member

no uniform for hazza
That will hurt him more than anything anyone can say or do.
He thought he’d no longer be doing official duties so it would not have mattered too much, but I think to attend his grandfather’s funeral just as a civvie and not a military man will really hit home to him exactly what he has given up for her.
Hope she was worth it Hazza, but I think not.

• Heart
Reactions: 52

Rubyronron

VIP Member
Pl
Yeah Sophie had a real rough time - especially cos she decided to keep her job and got caught in a compromising newspaper sting. She kept her head down after she stopped working and now she’s more fabulous than ever.

I mean MeAgain could have easily done the same kind of stuff - the press were always going to say shit about her being an actress. The same way they went after Catherine for not having a ‘proper job’ after uni. But no, she’s a narcissistic actress who has to have the spotlight on her. I mean... this is the same woman who had everyone talking about her at Eugenie’s wedding lol, how Eugenie is still friends with her idk.
Sophie Wessex had the extra challenge of being seen as a front for Edwards sexuality. The gay rumours took a good while to die down, and there are some who still believe that he bats for both sides. Allegedly.
Sophie has proved herself as a valuable member of the RF and has worked her socks off to get there. I like her.

• Heart
Reactions: 52

OiOiNoseyParker

Love this
While Meghan and Harry are cashing in as they moan in their mansion about how no one understands them, Philip had it much harder, and he never complained. Philip was written out of the history of Greece; Meghan was written out of "Suits".
Harsh. I love it! The truth hurts.

This is interesting. I thought the numbers would have been higher for their wedding 🤷‍♀️ I certainly felt like I was the only one who didn't watch.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51

mystic cat

I wonder if Megs is shocked at the adoration throughout the world for PP. She probably thought it was only the UK who supported of the Royal Family.

• Heart
She sounds an absolute charmer.
She's a pig. A shit-rooting, shit-stirring pig.

Typical cynical career-climbing grievance studies sociopath with the usual wealthy, connected parents rooted in academia in the US (Daddy Odent owns a private 'liberal arts' college in Georgia, the kind of thing you come out of 200k poorer for an undergrad in nothing useful), screeching about oppression and capitalism and feminism and whiteness and colonialism while coasting through all the posh foreign institutions on daddy's dime, and eventually being conventionally married at a suitable age to a fucking 'prominent' ie. rich as fuck, super politically-connected white male banker (one Pascal Odent) after which they quit their silly little provincial curator job because they don't need a job anymore because they married a human bank vault.

They never, ever fail to tick the boxes liker this. It's comical. It's tough being a pampered woke lady knighting for the lessers, the alphabetti spaghetti causes and the persons of deeper and darker hues without a nice heterosexual marriage upwards, always upwards, to a very rich white man, apparently. I've been watching this shit happen for the past 25 years. The louder they woke, the more conventional the aspirations in reality. Also see Markle, obviously. Like she'd fall in love with anyone worth less than 7 figures and anything less than white while writing soppy go-you messages on rotting fruit for the browns and the proles. They're just the fucking jetty people like her launch their little personal boats off. The real agenda is personal enrichment, and if they can get it on the back of some poors and browns shouting in the streets, they will.

• Heart

Just seen this
Some great stuff here.

The Duke of Edinburgh was not pleased, nor did he believe that Harry and Meghan were doing the right thing, either for the country or for themselves.

Contrary to the popular caricature of him, the Duke of Edinburgh was neither judgmental nor unfeeling.

He had some sympathy with the couple's mistrust of the media (he had had his own run-ins with an intrusive Press over the years) and even more so with Harry's desire to 'do his own thing in his own way'. He said to me: 'People have got to lead their lives as they think best.'

That said, I know from someone close to him that he thought Meghan and Harry's interview with Oprah Winfrey was 'madness' and 'no good would come of it'.

I was not surprised because that is exactly how he described to me the earlier personal TV interviews given by Prince Charles and Diana, Princess of Wales, back in the 1990s.

The fact that the Meghan and Harry interview was aired while Philip was in hospital did not trouble him. What did worry him was the couple's preoccupation with their own problems and their willingness to talk about them in public. 'Give TV interviews, by all means,' he said, 'but don't talk about yourself.'

That was one of his rules. I know he shared it with his children. I imagine he shared it with his grandchildren, too.

He told me more than once: 'It's a big mistake to think about yourself. No one is interested in you in the long run. Don't court popularity. It doesn't last. Remember that the attention comes because of the position you are privileged to hold, not because of who you are. If you think it's all about you, you'll never be happy.'

Prince Philip loved Prince Harry. He admired him for his service career and his creation of the Invictus Games. 'He's a good man,' he said emphatically.

That Philip was an outstanding grandfather has never been in dispute. From youth to old age, he was always good with very small children, and with William and Harry, who lost their mother when they were only 15 and 12 years of age, he was — in William's phrase — 'a tower of strength and understanding'.

At the time of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Harry managed to capture both Prince Philips's elusive quality and his indispensability to the Queen in the same revealing sentence: 'Regardless of whether my grandfather seems to be doing his own thing, sort of wandering off like a fish down the river, the fact that he's there — personally, I don't think that she could do it without him, especially when they're both at this age.'

Inevitably, Prince Philip regretted Harry's decision to move to America, but he accepted it — 'It's his life' — and deliberately did not get involved in its aftermath.

On the day the Queen held her Sandringham 'summit' with Charles, William and Harry, he made himself scarce, deliberately leaving the main house and retreating to Wood Farm. 'I'll soon be out of it,' he said, 'and not before time.'

The Queen did not retire when her husband did, but she did reduce her workload. She maintained her own interests, continuing to ride into her 90s and walking her corgis after lunch; she continued to phone her racing manager in the evening. (Her racehorses have won her some £7 million in prize money in the past 35 years, including £557,650 in a record-breaking 2016.)

The only complaint I ever heard Prince Philip make about the Queen was about the time she spent on the phone. 'She never stops,' he said, shaking his head in mock disbelief.

The couple went out for dinner with friends and enjoyed weekends away together. She was often alone in the evenings (she was accustomed to that), watching television and having supper in her rooms, but frequently she saw friends and family — grandchildren and great-grandchildren — for afternoon tea.

Prince Philip had long been responsible for the management of the royal estates but in 2014 he ceded management of Sandringham's 20,000 acres to Prince Charles — knowing that his son's approach to land management and farming were very different from his own.

'He has his ideas and I have mine,' said Prince Philip, 'but I won't be here for ever so he'd better get on with it.'

Happily, relations between Philip and his son mellowed with the passing years. In his 80s and 90s I noticed the Duke of Edinburgh make many fewer waspish remarks about the Prince of Wales than he had done in his 50s and 60s.

And Prince Charles, so much happier in his second marriage than in his first, stopped bleating about the travails of his childhood. Charles appeared more comfortable talking about his parents, and did so with respect (as ever) but with increasing affection. As he said in a touching tribute on Saturday: 'My dear Papa was a very special person.'

If we regard the Queen's uniquely long reign as a success — and I reckon most of us do — the joint author of that success has been the Duke of Edinburgh.

Theirs was an extraordinary partnership and the worldwide coverage of the Duke's death acknowledged the fact.

For more than 70 years, he did everything he could to safeguard her person and her dignity. He hated to see her taken advantage of in any way. One year, at the Royal Variety Performance, one of the stars performed a routine aimed directly at the Queen.

Prince Philip was incandescent and descended on the producer in the interval: 'I've been coming to this for 50 years. It never ends on time. The jokes are lavatorial. And now you insult the Queen!'

More than once, on walkabout with the Queen, I saw him barking at the Press photographers, telling them to 'get out of the way'. 'People want to see the Queen,' he shouted, 'GET OUT OF THE WAY!' He could be quite frightening. He was at his best with children, guiding toddlers towards the Queen so they could present their posies. As his friend, the eccentric baronet Sir Humphry Tyrrell Wakefield, put it once: 'The Queen would have such a miserable time if she didn't have him to play with. And if people try to take advantage of her, he's on them like a whippet.' That about sums it up.

Prince Philip protected the Queen and made her laugh. Once, during one of the jubilee tours, I was in the car immediately behind theirs and I watched Prince Philip telling the Queen a story. He kept her laughing for 20 minutes. It was a joy to behold.
Harry should have listened to him. Particularly about not courting popularity, that it is about the role, not about you. He married a woman who truly believes it is all about her, and by default, him. Big mistake. Huge.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Mock Turtle

VIP Member
I expect they will be in their various uniforms which will upset him
Yes, he’s totally going to look like the odd muppet out. He was totally banned from wearing uniform so now is effectively just any old retired military person. He’ll be in a dull suit with medals, the rest will be tarted to the nines in full dress uniform.

Loser.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

Wightgirl

VIP Member
A bit of light relief. This makes me laugh every time 😂 Especially PP looking like he’s peddling for England and the Queen running in high heels 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50