Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

margaretta

VIP Member
Wow. You have all been very busy! I have about 11 pages to catch up on. This is the only thread where I read and listen to EVERYTHING! No skips allowed.

This is my 100th post and the most special thing I can say is a very Happy Birthday to Her Majesty The Queen.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33

HereWeGoAgain101

VIP Member
Sorry continuation of the letter:

View attachment 113006
So in effect, what they are actually saying here is that they only want published what they deem is important and shows them in a favourable light.

What they don’t get is the media is like a disapproving parent and will call you out on your shit behaviour. When you tow a socially acceptable line, as done by W&K, your parent will approve and reward you accordingly with favourable press. When you behave like a pair of over-inflated egotistical twunts, the parent will chastise you and make you look like the idiots you actually are. It’s no good crying over the fact that the majority of sane thinking humans who can see what arseholes you are disapprove of your actions.

I’ve just come to the conclusion that these two are now just a lost cause. They are never going to see the flip side of the coin. They are right, everyone else is wrong. We see right through them and don’t like what we see. They look in the mirror and see two perfect souls just trying to do the best for everyone in their delusional little bubble. That bitch is dragging him down to her level and he is willingly tagging along.

Bring it on tabloids. Can’t wait to see how this pans out 🤓🍿

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Despicableme

Chatty Member
New to this thread and not read back, but just wondered if I am alone in my opinion that H & M actually did the right thing by buggering off? The tone of the press reporting on them seemed to change after the wedding, and I don’t feel sorry for her father at all. Her dad and older sister sold story after story to the press and then vilified her for cutting contact with him. I don’t blame her for cutting him off and after the media tone changed who can blame Harry for wanting to protect his wife and son from the media?
They do seem like they seek attention with bad timing sometimes though, like announcing they wouldn’t speak to certain areas of the press while the world is gripped by COVID-19!
Had they sorted out something with HMQ, Prince Charles etc, announced they were stepping back, because they wanted a quieter life for their family, less press intrusion, more charity work with other charities around the world, I for one would have wished them all the luck in the world & thought no more of it.

But they didn’t, & they did it all in public. Personally I don’t see the need or understand why this all needed playing out in the public domain, but equally I don’t understand celebrity either.

They appear to be doing all the things they weren’t going to do, ie court press attn, leaking stories & try to make lots of money using their link to the RF. Is this a charity they are launching or a money making scheme? which seems to me quite frankly dishonest. It appears to me the whole plan is to create an American Royal Family, & when HMQ took the use of Royal away they threw a strop!

The world has so much & so many more important things going on, thousands of people are dying, millions are losing relatives, jobs & there is so much uncertainty around

I’m not a Royalist, I don’t follow the royals, & so in reality I have limited knowledge, but the way they have handled this, appears to have upset & angered people, some of us are just gobsmacked by their behaviour & don’t understand why they would shoot themselves quite spectacularly in the foot! They are gift that keeps on giving, which appears to be a result of their lack of PR or their choice to ignore what they are given

I think some people see (Harry) them as having abandoned the country, stuck 2 fingers up & left. Whilst blaming us all for being racist, & the press who have called them out for their shady, tone deaf behaviour. They sprout on about saving the planet whilst taking 4 private jets. Abandoning the annual Marine Memorial Ceremony so they can shmoose with a load of very rich people & network which adds to the belief their plan is not to go & live a nice quiet life, but to become it appears very, very rich. The hypocrisy annoys & irritate, I for one struggle with the hypocrisy of it, posting memes about being kind to others, where their own apparent behaviour falls far short in many peoples eyes.

The way they appear to have handled all this, even if you just base it’s on just their Instagram posts is totally tone deaf to not only what is going on around them, but their attitude to a couple of 90 year olds. There currently appears to be a Grand Canyon size hole in the RF, & people are shocked & surprised by what is going on, without wanting to cast blame on anyone it is very apparent who was added into the mix shortly before the Grand Canyon appeared. Equally non of us know either of them, & I‘m one for the real Harry having been hidden very well by slick PR

It has also become apparent that the plan is not to disappear & live quietly as they said, but to throw themselves out to the wolves. They are apparently more at risk of being papped etc in the US than they are here,

The whole pandemic thing that they don’t actually appear to have noticed is happening. Apart from the odd post about washing your hands on Instagram, there’s been nothing from them, again apart from leaked stories supposedly by friends

We’ve all been in lock down for almost a month...... & now we have papped photos which makes anything they do more about them than anything else. in my opinion it’s tone deaf given the current situation & the way people are feeling, they really havent judged the mood of the country very well at all, especially when it appears a section of that country feels like they’ve been abandoned by them.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

50sGirl

VIP Member
I do hope Meghan has risen above her principles and contacted her father during these worrying times to check on his health and well-being. To not do so, would make any charitable endeavours delivering food a complete farce 🤔
8C2CF2C6-13EF-467C-8102-212AD361086D.gif

• Haha

50sGirl

VIP Member
Thread title suggestion:

Harry & Meghan #18 Five friends sold her story but Meg’s version is like Jackanory

• Haha

HereWeGoAgain101

VIP Member
Now they’ve been ‘caught’ dog walking!
Looks like Harry wearing same hat and scarf to cover mouth.

Interestingly the photographer is Jeff Rayner (bottom left credit) who is the same photographer who took the staged photos of her dad being measured for a suit prior to their wedding. How dodgy is that 😳
B8CCCF41-2238-459F-9C8F-D9A0B73487B0.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Exactly this!
Why did they think this letter was appropriate in the current climate? 🤬
I have never seen two people totally lacking in self awareness as this pair.
”This policy is not about avoiding criticism” - really? It’s exactly for that!
Don’t engage with the tabloid newspapers if you don’t want to but there is no need to announce it.

I bet the Royal Family wake up every morning and think”what have they done today?” 😱

And to think it was just 3 weeks ago that we wrote on this thread “what are we going to talk about now they’ve gone?!”
😆

EDIT to add: this reminds me a bit of a forum/FB “I’m leaving flounce” - just do it, no need to announce it to everyone for the attention!
“This isn’t Heathrow Airport, you don’t hVe to announce your departure” 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

catp

So PH is looking well in his latest video. Seems as if dumping his duties, army comrades, sense of self, his friends and his family and selling out on his beliefs has been the making of him.

Oh no, wait. He looks like shit.

#Hobo not Soho.

• Haha
  • Heart

freda19

VIP Member
Bit more info here on the letter sent to the tabloids.

Cheeky cunts. That's crazy. When the press are about to run a story they give you the right of reply within the story by contacting you for comment. Now all the stories will still run but just be tagged with "We attempted to contact H&M about this story but were refused any access".And yes, he's a liar because it is 100% about gagging anyone not in their corner and not prepared to play Migraine's games
The press will go for the jugular now.
Migraine is clearly raging that her staged pap walks were revealed before she wanted to reveal her and Ginger's "philanthropism" herself on some tacky talk show like that Gayle creature's.
Bring it on you big babies.

• Heart
  • Haha

Flipping Hell !

Chatty Member
It would be interesting to go back and work out when the tide began to turn. I know there were a lot of people online who hated her from day 1 (when their relationship was discovered) and a lot of that was anti-Americanism and this idea that she wasnt suitable (and of course for some of those people it was to do with her race). That was different from what happened with Cressida but I guess social media was very different then. But for the most part the press loved her.

I do often wonder if something went on behind the scenes with the press that pushed them to be more negative. There was the restrictions on the wedding e.g. how much press could be outside etc. And of course Harry's statement from 2016 which I remember some reporters getting annoyed about because they felt tarred with the same brush.

I also find it interesting that she has never met the press pack in private. This is something all royals do from time to time eg when they get engaged or on tours, they usually have a drink with them off the record. There was one podcast I listened to where a reporter said Meghan wanted to do the usual meet up and Harry said no.

This is why it annoys me when people go after the RF and accuse them of not looking out for her. If Harry had prepared her properly, I think things could've been different. Instead he's kept going with this anti-media war and never given her the chance to meet the people behind the headlines.

There is a reason why Camilla is written about so glowingly now, and it's because she put her pride to one side and became friendly with the reporters. They all say she's their fav royal to deal with.
Whilst I agree with a lot you say ,the part I disagree with is about Harry not preparing her properly .......... I don't think she ever intended to stay ,I think she used Harry from day one for what she could get out of him

• Heart

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Can't believe that we are now on thread 17.
I must admit that this thread has kept me amused during lockdown, it's like therapy. 😁🤓

Have either of them yet realised that being a patron of a charity, turning up to events and helping with fundraising is not the same as running a charitable foundation? Princess Anne is right about them being clueless. Neither of them has any business skills or experience running a business either do they?

I wonder how many dogs they've adopted today?
Doria's house must be getting full. 🐶🐩🐕💩

• Haha
  • Sick

Cosmo69

Chatty Member
Any birthday wishes from Harry to his grandmother yet?
He'll probably release a statement about it soon:

"While there is not any jurisdiction by the monarchy over the use of the word 'birthday' overseas, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have nonetheless decided for themselves, and themselves alone, to make use of the iteration of the word 'birthday' in order to wish the Queen a 'happy birthday'."

• Haha

freda19

VIP Member
I think it would be impossible to work out why all the people who don’t like her feel that way (without some kind of mass poll 😅). So I’m definitely not claiming that’s the reason (as it’s quite clear from this thread alone that people have problems with her actions). I’m just saying in my opinion it is one element of the way people talk about her.

The racist/anti American narrative certainly isn’t one that I’ve picked up from her (actually think her SA interview did her no favours and it made me cringe). I picked it up from comments that were made by people in the royal watching community when the relationship was leaked. I actually disagree with a lot of Harry’s 2016 statement about the racist media coverage too.

But yeh I’m defo not gonna start the race convo because it goes nowhere and can end up hurting people and I don’t want to do that 🧡
When you're(most on here) pissed off with someone you use every weapon in your armoury. Some of the weapons may not be terribly PC and some may be deemed offensive by those attempting to whitewash the person you're pissed off with.
You get racists everywhere but the miniscule number in the UK who used race against her were quickly shut down.
The fact is that it's a blot on our history that an American woman "nicked our king" :ROFLMAO: many years ago, so comparisons will made and that they may seem to be worded unfavourably toward americans, but that's life. Migraine herself was racist in my opinion sneering about the british stiff upper lip and refusing to wear nude coloured tights because she claims she is a woman of colour, despite her chicken legs being whiter than any of the real royal ladies.In the whole stinking pile of shit caused by Ginge n Cringe I think calling her 'that american' should be the least of anyone's worries.
She's just a free loading snarky duplicitous cunt, who is unfortunately(for the USA) american and has some black blood in her genes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

Wightgirl

VIP Member
Interestingly the Express, which has printed loads of puff pieces over the past couple of weeks, is running a story about the baldness and refers to Harry as ‘former favourite’ royal 😂 Also claims he married her quickly as he was worried he wouldn’t be able to attract anyone. 😂😂😂 They’ve also printed a piece on W&K in talks about a trip to Australia after G&C snubbed the firefighters. Looks like things are going to get interesting....🍿

• Haha
  • Wow

PennyCrayon

VIP Member
I would be totally embarrassed to have a pair of slebs at my door handing me a bag of grub. Probably stuff I wouldn’t eat any way.
can you imagine posh and becks. Kim and Kanye. Ruth and Eamonn. Beyoncé and Jay z. Wouldn’t you just want to die of embarrassment. George Michael got it spot on. Do it quietly and do it well or don’t do it at all.
I’d be terrified if I opened the door to Harry, he looks like he’s going to mug someone.

• Haha

freda19

VIP Member
An interesting article in the Spectator USA by the UK historian Dominic Green. Doesn't pull any punches.

WOW! Call the burns unit! 🔥🔥🔥
That article is a lesson in the use of sarcasm at it's most searing.

Just as we were getting used to the headlines about hospitalization and mortality rates, the really bad news arrives. Meghan and Harry are back. After scuttling to California before they were isolated in the hell of a luxury rental in Vancouver, the unemployed ex-royals are loose on the streets of Los Angeles. Disguised as two Postmates workers, they’re delivering bags of food to already vulnerable members of the public and making sure to be filmed doing it. Think Candid Camera, without the candor.

Like everything this spontaneously warm and down-to-earth couple does, this stunt combines a cold whiff of careful planning with their signature aroma, a complex blend of farce, vanity and self-destruction. The footage of their gastronomic mercy mission was intended to draw our attention away from mindless showbiz trivia like COVID-19, the implosion of the global economy and a war of words between the Trump administration and China, and set us thinking about what really matters: the couple’s announcement on Sunday night that they’re refusing to speak to the four biggest British tabloids, the Daily Mail, the Sun, the Daily Mirror and the Daily Express.

• Haha
  • Heart