Harry and Meghan #17 Not Thriving but Skiving.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, to be honest, even if her family is completely toxic (and I think they probably are, to whatever degree), how likely is it that she's risen above it to become a shining example of humanity?

She hasn't clearly. The main difference is she's prettier (which makes a difference, though it shouldn't) and superficially at least better at covering it up. She's not that smart - neither of them are - and their machinations are very easy to see through. But she's got enough intelligence to give the appearance of goodness on the outside, and she's fooled a lot of people into believing she's the victim on that basis.
I think the word you’re looking for is Hustler

• Haha
Reactions: 20
😲 I read them. Then again I’m an analyst, I read everything 🤓
I skim through them as the Mail seems to just get juniors to patch together items they've already published with a new bit added to the top, then the rest is just rehashed. Very lazy journalism generally and all designed to get people to go to the comments section where they can rely on their readership to be far more vitriolic than they would dare to be.

Reactions: 16
See, the thing for me is yes, you can fall out with a member of your family, but when all of the family start saying the same thing you’ve surely got to question who is the common denominator here. And not just her family, ex friends, ex husband was sent her wedding ring back in the post. I agree, her whole family are nuttier than a fruit cake but there are so many red flags. I also agree that they got it in the neck a bit by the press but a lot of it was of their own making. Preaching about carbon footprints, lying that she didn’t know who Harry was, using public money to renovate frogmore, saying they wanted a quiet life (because however way you spin it that was not her intention)..... the list goes on (I’m sure a lot of people on this thread will give multiple examples of it). Not once has she held her hand up and said ‘you know what, I was wrong about that’, because then people would have had a bit of sympathy for her. She plays the victim constantly, preaches about kindness and understanding yet sues her own father over releasing a letter that she wrote (rightly or wrongly isn’t the point, the kindness in her should have risen above it, been more understanding).
I honestly appreciate your thoughts and your post, but can’t agree she’s not a narcissist.
Agree with you. Anyone unable to see her for what she is, is viewing things through rose coloured spectacles. There are too many red flags, stories, public displays of victimisation to be untrue. The old saying there’s no smoke without fire I believe will ring true here. I wonder how she will go down in history. I don’t think it will be favourably. I just can’t see either of them being able to turn the public tide of disdain any more. There is very little valid respect for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Hmm....I wonder why Harry has started using American spellings in his text messages??

• Haha
Agree with you. Anyone unable to see her for what she is, is viewing things through rose coloured spectacles. There are too many red flags, stories, public displays of victimisation to be untrue. The old saying there’s no smoke without fire I believe will ring true here. I wonder how she will go down in history. I don’t think it will be favourably. I just can’t see either of them being able to turn the public tide of disdain any more. There is very little valid respect for them.
They will be a very small, inglorious footnote in history. The only way I can see for Harry to get any redemption is to divorce her, return to the military and serve quietly and diligently, just like any other officer.

Reactions: 20
New to this thread and not read back, but just wondered if I am alone in my opinion that H & M actually did the right thing by buggering off? The tone of the press reporting on them seemed to change after the wedding, and I don’t feel sorry for her father at all. Her dad and older sister sold story after story to the press and then vilified her for cutting contact with him. I don’t blame her for cutting him off and after the media tone changed who can blame Harry for wanting to protect his wife and son from the media?
They do seem like they seek attention with bad timing sometimes though, like announcing they wouldn’t speak to certain areas of the press while the world is gripped by COVID-19!
Had they sorted out something with HMQ, Prince Charles etc, announced they were stepping back, because they wanted a quieter life for their family, less press intrusion, more charity work with other charities around the world, I for one would have wished them all the luck in the world & thought no more of it.

But they didn’t, & they did it all in public. Personally I don’t see the need or understand why this all needed playing out in the public domain, but equally I don’t understand celebrity either.

They appear to be doing all the things they weren’t going to do, ie court press attn, leaking stories & try to make lots of money using their link to the RF. Is this a charity they are launching or a money making scheme? which seems to me quite frankly dishonest. It appears to me the whole plan is to create an American Royal Family, & when HMQ took the use of Royal away they threw a strop!

The world has so much & so many more important things going on, thousands of people are dying, millions are losing relatives, jobs & there is so much uncertainty around

I’m not a Royalist, I don’t follow the royals, & so in reality I have limited knowledge, but the way they have handled this, appears to have upset & angered people, some of us are just gobsmacked by their behaviour & don’t understand why they would shoot themselves quite spectacularly in the foot! They are gift that keeps on giving, which appears to be a result of their lack of PR or their choice to ignore what they are given

I think some people see (Harry) them as having abandoned the country, stuck 2 fingers up & left. Whilst blaming us all for being racist, & the press who have called them out for their shady, tone deaf behaviour. They sprout on about saving the planet whilst taking 4 private jets. Abandoning the annual Marine Memorial Ceremony so they can shmoose with a load of very rich people & network which adds to the belief their plan is not to go & live a nice quiet life, but to become it appears very, very rich. The hypocrisy annoys & irritate, I for one struggle with the hypocrisy of it, posting memes about being kind to others, where their own apparent behaviour falls far short in many peoples eyes.

The way they appear to have handled all this, even if you just base it’s on just their Instagram posts is totally tone deaf to not only what is going on around them, but their attitude to a couple of 90 year olds. There currently appears to be a Grand Canyon size hole in the RF, & people are shocked & surprised by what is going on, without wanting to cast blame on anyone it is very apparent who was added into the mix shortly before the Grand Canyon appeared. Equally non of us know either of them, & I‘m one for the real Harry having been hidden very well by slick PR

It has also become apparent that the plan is not to disappear & live quietly as they said, but to throw themselves out to the wolves. They are apparently more at risk of being papped etc in the US than they are here,

The whole pandemic thing that they don’t actually appear to have noticed is happening. Apart from the odd post about washing your hands on Instagram, there’s been nothing from them, again apart from leaked stories supposedly by friends

We’ve all been in lock down for almost a month...... & now we have papped photos which makes anything they do more about them than anything else. in my opinion it’s tone deaf given the current situation & the way people are feeling, they really havent judged the mood of the country very well at all, especially when it appears a section of that country feels like they’ve been abandoned by them.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Does anyone else think that Meghan did a number on her 5 friends? I imagine that the scenario entailed her looking teary and upset, getting sympathy and then spilling her problems to them. They were probably all played by her into believing that her family had acted terribly towards her and now she's throwing them under a bus when she most likely manipulated them in the first place.

It's hard to know what to think when it comes to her family. None of them have acted well but Meghan and Harry failed to get them on side at the beginning. I wonder if we'll ever know the truth.

Reactions: 18
Had they sorted out something with HMQ, Prince Charles etc, announced they were stepping back, because they wanted a quieter life for their family, less press intrusion, more charity work with other charities around the world, I for one would have wished them all the luck in the world & thought no more of it.

But they didn’t, & they did it all in public. Personally I don’t see the need or understand why this all needed playing out in the public domain, but equally I don’t understand celebrity either.

They appear to be doing all the things they weren’t going to do, ie court press attn, leaking stories & try to make lots of money using their link to the RF. Is this a charity they are launching or a money making scheme? which seems to me quite frankly dishonest. It appears to me the whole plan is to create an American Royal Family, & when HMQ took the use of Royal away they threw a strop!

The world has so much & so many more important things going on, thousands of people are dying, millions are losing relatives, jobs & there is so much uncertainty around

I’m not a Royalist, I don’t follow the royals, & so in reality I have limited knowledge, but the way they have handled this, appears to have upset & angered people, some of us are just gobsmacked by their behaviour & don’t understand why they would shoot themselves quite spectacularly in the foot! They are gift that keeps on giving, which appears to be a result of their lack of PR or their choice to ignore what they are given

I think some people see (Harry) them as having abandoned the country, stuck 2 fingers up & left. Whilst blaming us all for being racist, & the press who have called them out for their shady, tone deaf behaviour. They sprout on about saving the planet whilst taking 4 private jets. Abandoning the annual Marine Memorial Ceremony so they can shmoose with a load of very rich people & network which adds to the belief their plan is not to go & live a nice quiet life, but to become it appears very, very rich. The hypocrisy annoys & irritate, I for one struggle with the hypocrisy of it, posting memes about being kind to others, where their own apparent behaviour falls far short in many peoples eyes.

The way they appear to have handled all this, even if you just base it’s on just their Instagram posts is totally tone deaf to not only what is going on around them, but their attitude to a couple of 90 year olds. There currently appears to be a Grand Canyon size hole in the RF, & people are shocked & surprised by what is going on, without wanting to cast blame on anyone it is very apparent who was added into the mix shortly before the Grand Canyon appeared. Equally non of us know either of them, & I‘m one for the real Harry having been hidden very well by slick PR

It has also become apparent that the plan is not to disappear & live quietly as they said, but to throw themselves out to the wolves. They are apparently more at risk of being papped etc in the US than they are here,

The whole pandemic thing that they don’t actually appear to have noticed is happening. Apart from the odd post about washing your hands on Instagram, there’s been nothing from them, again apart from leaked stories supposedly by friends

We’ve all been in lock down for almost a month...... & now we have papped photos which makes anything they do more about them than anything else. in my opinion it’s tone deaf given the current situation & the way people are feeling, they really havent judged the mood of the country very well at all, especially when it appears a section of that country feels like they’ve been abandoned by them.
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

They could have turned it around so easily. Picked a couple of charities such as army vets, wildlife - you name it, I’m sure the queen would have listened and given them whatever they wanted. Lived their quiet life in the Cotswolds (I’m pissed that they have that ability and I haven’t 🤪) and cracked on with it. They could have earned the respect of so many instead of this constant pity party that they’re playing out.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
They will be a very small, inglorious footnote in history. The only way I can see for Harry to get any redemption is to divorce her, return to the military and serve quietly and diligently, just like any other officer.
Yes. Like Wallis and Edward. Not given a second thought.

Oh tell me this isn’t true. 😱

It’s a feckin’ (as our freda would say) insult to all of us idiots who cheered and paid for the first one.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Renewing their vows...star-studded party...? Oh, pass the sick bag. We've heard this before - it's just a rehash of the "welcome to Hollywood" party (and who throws their own housewarming party anyway?) and Archie's first birthday party. It's tone deaf (quel surprise) and irrelevant and and and...meh :rolleyes:

• Sick
Reactions: 28
I see that the Express are running no stories about them today. Daily Mail have 4 negative ones left over from Monday but nothing new. Piers is refusing to talk about them 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
It would be nothing more than a massive publicity exercise if they do renew vows. I can see a TV "special" on it and exclusive offer of photos. Be interesting to see exactly who would buy the photos here in the UK............ seeing how they've just scored a huge own goal with the press here.

Reactions: 22
I skim through them as the Mail seems to just get juniors to patch together items they've already published with a new bit added to the top, then the rest is just rehashed. Very lazy journalism generally and all designed to get people to go to the comments section where they can rely on their readership to be far more vitriolic than they would dare to be.
Oh I agree. It’s like a huge written car crash.

Reactions: 9
It would be nothing more than a massive publicity exercise if they do renew vows. I can see a TV "special" on it and exclusive offer of photos. Be interesting to see exactly who would buy the photos here in the UK............ seeing how they've just scored a huge own goal with the press here.
Quality publications like Heat magazine and other low rent gossip mags 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Well nothing says true love like renewing your vows with husband number #2 by copying the same ceremony you had with husband #1!!!! Except Dad paid for and went to that one, right?

Or switch #2 for #3 if you think there was already a previous...

• Haha
Renewing their vows...star-studded party...? Oh, pass the sick bag. We've heard this before - it's just a rehash of the "welcome to Hollywood" party (and who throws their own housewarming party anyway?) and Archie's first birthday party. It's tone deaf (quel surprise) and irrelevant and and and...meh :rolleyes:
Absolutely. It’s a way to ingratiate themselves into Hollywood by asking people they’ve never met to fawn all over them. Once more they appall me.

This story has so obviously been made up by someone who hates them - it could hardly be morer damaging.
I hope you’re right. It’s such bad taste if true.

Well nothing says true love like renewing your vows with husband number #2 by copying the same ceremony you had with husband #1!!!! Except Dad paid for and went to that one, right?

Or switch #2 for #3 if you think there was already a previous...
And us, the British taxpayer. Such a bloody farce if true.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.