Grace Beverley #25 It’s a hard fall from Grace

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think getting funding meant she could hire people who actually know what they’re doing. That led to them moving away from activewear and sustainability so the brand is doing better now unfortunately.

Reactions: 18
I just had a quick gander and it really is shocking how much they’ve dumped the inclusive body type mantra!! Just skinny girl after skinny girl! Not really even any athletic/ muscular gym girls which is also odd considering (some of it) is supposed to be worn to the gym. Although I would argue that the bras are always impractical, regardless of boob size!!
Also saw this interaction, yet again Greg upholding her unprofessional, thin skinned and snappy reputation 🙃
Late to this but lol at that response. Your designers make things that need to sell. They need feedback like this. Next she will be saying “make sure you buy from us so our designers feelings aren’t hurt 😭🫶🏻”. Instead she says “buy from us cos we aren’t the billion dollar player in this market, also I’ve had sleepless nights”. Moving away from the sustainability and inclusivity in advertising is definitely a strategic move to increase revenue. What is a shame is the fan girls don’t step back and decide this isn’t what they want to buy and support. Rather, the tenuous link to buying sustainably is Talas strategy, encouraging fast fashion price bracket consumers to spend a bit more to feel good about their choice.

Just stumbled onto this thread for the first time in ages, had completely forgotten about Grec’s existence! Used to watch her back in the Oxford undergrad days, before she got completely insufferable (OK, OK, she was always insufferable). Damn, homegirl has not aged well though.

PS. What’s the deal with the bogus Oxford MA?

Reactions: 14
The reviews for the shapewear are coming in… ‘the worst shapewear I’ve ever tried on’…YIKES. Quite the opposite of the bullshit grace has spouted, surely damning for her!!
Not only does it not go past an XL but everyone is saying they’d have to size up even more than normal🤔
Also sooooo many complaints about poor finish and ripping seams, do people not quality check anymore?

Reactions: 15
Wow. Whatever we all think of Grace, there's absolutely no excuse for sending out poor quality product, none at all. That's a huge issue to drop the ball on. Unforgivable for a company of that size.

There’s even more comments now, most of them slamming the sizing and material.

DYING to see what excuse Grace comes up with

Reactions: 25
There’s essentially not a single positive review about this new range on their instagram, it’s actually quite impressive. Even the one person who actually managed to get into what they ordered without ripping it is like “yeah it was hard work and I had to put it on arse first”.

Reactions: 22
"I have been pondering effervescently over the incredulous response to our perfectly designed (DON'T DARE INSULT OUR DESIGNERS 😡) underwear shapewear and I am confounded over all of your misunderstanding. We are a TINY TINY company. No company has ever been smaller than us. You should be thanking us for giving you body dysmorphia - it's such a long word so it must be good. Here's some additional enlogated vocabulary for your encephalon. We won't do better but we'll pretend and you'll buy from us again. I will be taking my fifth holiday of the year to process this while my overworked staff respond to your emails and ask their parents to top up our dismal salaries so they can pay rent for their houseshare in Clapham."

• Haha
Reactions: 46
The girl who commented “I can’t get the mediums on but still love them!!!!” …… GIRL. GIRLLLL.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
The majority of comments have to sandwich their complaints between praise and adoration of Tala and/or Grace. I think for fear that she'll post a snarky reply to them. She's such a mean girl, bullying and gaslighting the fans who are propping up her lifestyle because she can't take and criticism.

Reactions: 34
Their response to these comments is so patronising - every single person is saying they can’t even get the thing on and they’re just like “shapewear is difficult to put on hun have you tried putting it over your hips ❤”. They’re also asking people to only pull on the heavy support areas so their crappy product doesn’t rip.

If every single customer is having the same problem it’s hardly because they aren’t used to shapewear; there’s obviously a problem with the product. Not surprised - Grace looked comical wearing it, there’s no way anyone could realistically wear that thing for any length of time.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I have a pair of the original shape wear - Spanx. Those things will never rip. Ever. They have seen me through different dress sizes and over a decade of wear. Sounds like these Tala ones are defective

Reactions: 21
Their response to these comments is so patronising - every single person is saying they can’t even get the thing on and they’re just like “shapewear is difficult to put on hun have you tried putting it over your hips ❤”. They’re also asking people to only pull on the heavy support areas so their crappy product doesn’t rip.

If every single customer is having the same problem it’s hardly because they aren’t used to shapewear; there’s obviously a problem with the product. Not surprised - Grace looked comical wearing it, there’s no way anyone could realistically wear that thing for any length of time.
At least the comments girlies are coming through with snarky replies befitting of such a stupid response from Tala. This is my favourite:

1711269940218.png

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I have a pair of the original shape wear - Spanx. Those things will never rip. Ever. They have seen me through different dress sizes and over a decade of wear. Sounds like these Tala ones are defective
I have to add an edit to my comment - shapewear was meant to smooth you out so clothes fit well and lumps and bumps are reduced. Sounds like this “shapewear” is “make me 1-2 dress sizes smaller” wear. It must be so restrictive to wear

Reactions: 21
Looool what an absolute flop. Cue Grace setting up her tripod to record a manic ‘aggressive marketing’ pr video. “omg guyzzz, yes it looks tiny but you just have to STREEEEETCH it duhhhh”

and yes I agree with the comment above. Nothing about the shape wear ever looked appealing. As said, shape wear is to streamline and smooth, this seems to create rolls at the waist of everyone wearing it because it’s so stupidly tight. Also causes it to become see through because it’s so tight

I bet Grace naively thought her fans would love how tight/small/organ squeezing it was and would find it funny/make jokes about squeezing into it. But at 69 quid, it’s not that funny and I’m not surprised people are fuming

Reactions: 28