Grace Beverley #25 It’s a hard fall from Grace

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This debacle does make me wonder what size those models were wearing really if they managed to get into it. I’m also laughing at this image I have in my head of people who’ve managed to shimmy into the thing somehow, and then have to go to the loo. Cue images of the shapewear version of Ross trying to get into his leather pants 😂 Just imagine how sweaty you’d get putting it back on 🙅

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Hahahaha the bottom comment is gold, they actually put different instructions on the packaging 🤣
1000008141.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Hahahaha the bottom comment is gold, they actually put different instructions on the packaging 🤣
View attachment 2834073
Came here with the exact screenshot 🤣
If I’m correct, Tala’s one and only copy paste response came around 10 pm last night. WTAF is going on in that company that you are expected to respond to negative comment at 10 pm on a Saturday?

Meanwhile Grace is nowhere to be seen.
Let’s see if she’s addresses it first thing tomorrow morning but trust her to post her daily schedule that says ‘Wakey-wakey: 7:30 am”

What an absolute disaster!

Reactions: 36
She’ll have to go on holiday because of the ‘burn out’ from ‘trolls’ ‘bullying her’. Then post something about how hard it is to be an entrepreneur when people don’t get your vision.

Then TALA will move onto the next launch like this never happened.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
She’ll have to go on holiday because of the ‘burn out’ from ‘trolls’ ‘bullying her’. Then post something about how hard it is to be an entrepreneur when people don’t get your vision.

Then TALA will move onto the next launch like this never happened.
I noticed in the comments someone has asked about them doing a monthly subscription service and she's replied. No doubt this Wil be next. Who on earth needs new clothes every month ?! So sustainable 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Not Tala having to provide a step by step guide on how to get in to the shape wear 💀. Bet they wouldn't accept a return with baby powder on.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Would love to see a real time video of Grace putting it on and advertising her actual size, not 50
Times bigger 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Turns out shitting out low quality, mis-sized, massively overpriced products isn't the best for the reputation of your business.

Not Tala having to provide a step by step guide on how to get in to the shape wear 💀. Bet they wouldn't accept a return with baby powder on.
I thought you were joking.

It’s funny but also sad. Grace encouraging women to chalk themselves up and squeeze into a child-size top all to save a couple of inches off your waist… it’s funny how she switches off her feminism when it suits.

(there’s obviously absolutely nothing wrong with wearing shapewear - I just have a problem with someone who claims to be a feminist making money of clothing that is literally designed to be painful for women)

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Talc yourself up before putting it on? Yes maybe in the Victorian time. They couldn’t make it sound more uncomfortable.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Talc yourself up before putting it on? Yes maybe in the Victorian time. They couldn’t make it sound more uncomfortable.
I was only joking about the Ross and his leather pants scenario but this being the actual advice 💀 Tala girlies across the UK rn
1711302927521.png

• Haha
Reactions: 38
IMG_7813.jpeg

I laughed at their ‘the compression is not everyone’s cup of tea ❤’ line. That’s not a good enough excuse! This was to a customer who had no luck even having gone up a size.

Reactions: 26
Typical Grace/Tala backtracking 🙄 She literally emphasised in her spiel when she introduced it that it’s not like ‘normal’ shape wear because it’s so comfortable. And in the advertising reel they had ‘testimonials’ from women who ‘have never worn shape wear/didn’t think they’d ever wear shape wear’, repeatedly emphasising it’s not like regular shape wear. Only for them to know be like, ‘Whoops, sorry, what were y’all expecting? Y’all just don’t understand shape wear! It’s not for everyone, teehee.’

Reactions: 33
I might be being stupid but how are you supposed to step into these items if you can barely get it over your head? Do they zip or button up at the neck??

Reactions: 12
Lol the guide is just trying to pre-emptively blame any issues on user error rather than the product being awful. Especially mentioning the underarm fabric specifically after multiple people said theirs tore there.

Reactions: 22
Surely at some point in the design and fabrication, a fit model or the design team thought “hang on, this is insanely difficult to get on”? These are apparently design professionals here- how did the samples make it through to production? On the days where they filmed size 8-10 girls talking about the shapewear, did they have to size up dramatically? Did they have to talc themselves up or rub themselves in butter? Did they get stuck? And why weren’t any of these difficulties looked at as important to communicate to the consumer? Did they just ignore them? I’m so confused. This comes across as so amateur but the funding rounds and investment meant Grace was able to employ professionals to grow the brand.
I’m thinking about all the 2XU compression tights I have from my fitness days that were super firm but true to size and not a battle to put on.
I’d love to see someone who works in this kind of garment manufacturing provide some insights

Reactions: 32
Surely at some point in the design and fabrication, a fit model or the design team thought “hang on, this is insanely difficult to get on”? These are apparently design professionals here- how did the samples make it through to production? On the days where they filmed size 8-10 girls talking about the shapewear, did they have to size up dramatically? Did they have to talc themselves up or rub themselves in butter? Did they get stuck? And why weren’t any of these difficulties looked at as important to communicate to the consumer? Did they just ignore them? I’m so confused. This comes across as so amateur but the funding rounds and investment meant Grace was able to employ professionals to grow the brand.
I’m thinking about all the 2XU compression tights I have from my fitness days that were super firm but true to size and not a battle to put on.
I’d love to see someone who works in this kind of garment manufacturing provide some insights
I think they were well aware of the issues, but had to sell them. I bet all the models inc grace are wearing 1-2 sizes up and lying about the size. Its so embarrassing there are no plus models because by the sounds of it, the size 10-12 girlies are probably wearing the xl’s

Reactions: 18