Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
On the privilege point - not only is her grandfather a KNIGHT, her uncles include a Grammy winner and a Brown University professor who studied at OXFORD (coincidence?)

To me it’s quite simple - would Grace have been accepted into her Oxford without her upbringing? Absolutely not.

She has mediocre grades, but was surrounded by people both at school and home who had been through the process and could coach her through the “perfect” interview. At great expense to her parents, she was taught at both the Royal Academy of Music and multiple private schools, including the best private school in the UK for girls (where 44% got accepted to Oxbridge this year) and at Salisbury Cathedral where she was a chorister. She was rejected for her original choice (was it PPE?) and was only accepted for music ON THE CONDITION that she join her college choir. Everything that her parents provided her set her up for that Oxford acceptance. The odds were completely stacked in her favour.

Second - would she have been so successful if it wasn’t for Oxford? Absolutely not. Granted, Oxford didn’t help her career in the traditional sense, but it made her stand out as an influencer. Every YT video would be”What I Eat in a Day at Oxford” or “Day in the Life at Oxford”. Even the location tags in her Insta posts were Oxford.

Yes, her initial following came before uni but it was only when she went to uni that she blew up. It wasn’t just the fitness content, it was the fact she was something people hadn’t seen before - a ripped white girl living in a mansion in Kensington and attending one of the best universities in the world. It was completely aspirational - people didn’t follow Grace, they wanted to BE Grace.

So yes, not everybody in Grace’s position has built huge companies. But almost everybody in Grace’s position would have gone on to be hugely successful, and if they hadn’t they would have had to have done something significantly wrong.

Has she ever in her life acknowledged her true privilege, beyond being white and having been to private school (she never specifies which by the way)? Never. It’s not just the fact that she’s white, it’s everything I’ve said above plus more, but to admit that would make Grace seem far less impressive than she is.

Not only does she not acknowledge her true privilege, but she actively downplays it-
- Claims she could only attend Oxford due to choral scholarship. In reality was worth just a couple hundred a year and she quit after the first term.
- Claims she was almost kicked out of university because she couldn’t afford her student loan. It was a student finance error that was quickly resolved.
- Once said she lives in “Wiltshire” to seem relatable, failing to mention she only lived there as part of Salisbury Cathedral’s boarding school that cost tens of thousands a year (this was primary school by the way)

Its damaging, dishonest and honestly just annoying to read lol

• Heart
Reactions: 74

sassygoat

EEEE8F10-119E-4FE4-B8F2-1F02D93E9C1B.jpeg

“send me on a holiday with influencers”.

This is such a Grace thing to say. Implying that she is not an influencer herself and placing herself above them. “Send me”, as if she didn’t make the conscious decision herself to go on this holiday with 3 random influencers. She is insufferable.

• Haha
Reactions: 71

littlewonder

Chatty Member
Please tell me this was one of you guys 😂View attachment 1504759
not Grace trying to flex that her ‘competitive salary’ team are working when they should be off sick????

‘out of pure kindness and love for the brand’ - so you mean you consistently rely on the ‘goodwill’ of your employees to get work done rather than employing enough people, prioritising workload properly and compensating employees? do they even provide sick pay? maybe Grace could’ve helped with the launch instead of dicking about with her 800 word Instagram schedules?? nobody’s going to die if TALA delay their 40th identical launch of the year for a day or so.

i use accessibility software to help me proofread, because it’s called a reasonable adjustment and I am legally entitled to reasonable adjustments at work. TALA must be an HR nightmare

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63

Lizzurd

Having a quick look on insta;
Jan - France x 1
Feb - France x 1
April - France x1
May - Fiji, Berlin.
I know there’s a lot more so let’s keep adding lol 😂
Right so these are just the ones that she posted full insta posts about (so doesn't include the multiple hidden trips to France or anything that she just had in her stories):

~~Travelling with Grace since the beginning of the pandemic~~

Feb 2020: Dubai
March 2020: Portugal
July 2020: France
Aug 2020: Greece
Dec 2020: Dubai
July 2021: Ibiza
Aug 2021: France x 2
Aug 2021: Spain
Oct 2021: Dubai
Nov 2021: Maldives
Jan 2022: France
Feb 2021: France
Apr 2022: France
May 2022: Fiji
May 2022: Berlin

15 trips. 8 countries. And three more trips coming up. She's out of her fucking mind to say that she's been working so hard that she can no longer travel. All the above were during a global pandemic, crippling inflation, and a war. Stop saying that you dont travel enough Grace. You've been to more countries during the pandemic than I've ever been in my life. Just have your ~silly~ summer in peace and live the life of a planet destroying millionaire. We don't care. But FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. STOP COMPLAINING THAT YOU'RE WORKING TOO MUCH AND NOT TRAVELLING ENOUGH.

thank you bye

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 63

Lizzurd

It‘s for comments like this one from Tim and ol’ Grezos herself we truly need that eye roll reaction. She’s not gonna fuck you Tim. So much waffle in an attempt to weasel out of reality.

Also her comments about her siblings are so disingenuous - one is just out of uni, one doesn’t seem to be online publicly at all, and the other one seems to have a very nice lifestyle and house in Bristol (not known for its cheapness, and that she bought aged 25 - way younger than average and really not normal for someone that young to be buying a house, let along a two bed semi) considering she doesn’t have a real job and her partner is an academic who flogs fossils.

I don’t think anyone would begrudge her the success that she has had if she was upfront about it, but she doesn’t recognise her privileges at all, and so clearly bends the truth to make it sound like she’s had to graft far harder than she had to in reality.

Since she was boasting about their “new Hong Kong factory” on a reel and got caught out by people pointing out the writing on the boxes and inside the factory was Mandarin not Cantonese, and said it was in Shanghai. Now they just don’t care as it didn’t seem to put anyone off…
Lol so her argument is "OK but how do you explain that I'm SO MUCH RICHER than my sisters???" She's tacky af. Imagine hearing your sibling saying something like that about you.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 58

klarigold

sorry what do you mean? new builds have an obligation to provide social housing but they can get out of it by providing shops and restaurants and thus can keep rent private?
I used to work in a local planning authority so I have a different perspective, but developers have to commit to about 30% of their housing being affordable or social when they get the contract.

Typically about half way through the developer will cry 'viability', which involves them claiming the build has cost more than they expected, or sales won't reach projections, so they need to sacrifice some of the social housing to build more luxury and make up for the "loss". They might also pivot and say they'll contribute community assets in other ways, like building a garden or renting out units to local businesses.

The local authority is reliant on S106 payments from these developers, which are basically lump sums for community infrastructure that the council uses to keep things like transport, schools, parks and other services running. The bigger the development the bigger the cheque.

The councils are underfunded and desperately need that money, so if the developer pulls out or abandons the project they're fucked. So they say alright, fine, you only have to build 10% affordable instead of 30%, as long as it means you'll finish the project and pay for our local infrastructure. They know it's BS but the developers have powerful lawyers to fight their case and the councils.. well... Don't.

So this is how you end up with thousands of luxury flats in places like Battersea which are supposed to include affordable homes for local people, but in reality are bought up by foreign property investors (or mugs like Grace), and the housing crisis goes on.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 57

Lizzurd

Yeah honestly she says she mentions her privilege in every single interview, but the most I've ever seen her admit to is being white, cis, conventionally attractive, born in the UK, that sort of thing. Which yea of course that's privileged but it's privilege that millions of people have including most of her fans. I've *never* seen her admit to having multi millionaire parents and a knighted grandfather who have connections with very high up people. That is very unique privilege that sets her apart from most privileged people but she never admits to THAT. (Flashback to that interviewer who mentions her grandfather and her awkward ~thats true~ response lol)

• Haha
Reactions: 56

Stephg264889

Chatty Member
I swear when people used to ask grace about doing student discount she’d screenshot the message to story with a passive aggressive reply like

UHHHH get SO MANY of these requests in my dm’s. Our products are literallly as cheap as they could possibly be!!!!!! We don’t have margins like PLT. Anyone who can do a student discount is categorically UNSUSTAINABLE. You won’t get these price points anywhere for the qualities and ethics I’m shoving in your face. Save up and buy. I’ve not even taken a salary for all this work yet smh

• Haha
Reactions: 55
The amount of flexing she did about her employees getting "duvet days" when they don't need to work if they don't feel like it, when in fact they don't even get sick leave when they're in hospital 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 55

klarigold

I don’t know all the bracelets that she wears but the Cartier love bracelet you need a special screw thing to take it off so she probs does everything in it.
Those Cartier bracelets are a really useful way of warning everyone around you that you're a wanker

• Haha
Reactions: 53

Mamacita

VIP Member
Gosh I wish ‘CALL: WITH FURNISHING TEAM FOR NEW FLAT’ counted at work for most of us! 😂
Simple, just call everything a meeting and everyone you're dealing with a team. For example I had a meeting earlier with the supply team ( went to get my shopping at Lidl)

• Haha
Reactions: 53

littlewonder

Chatty Member
the room they’ve been taking pics of looks like a premier room which starts from about €3.3k a night wheewww

also imagine spending £600 to look like you’re off to do roadworks on the m1
843A04F2-A3F0-45E0-9020-1F67DC855E18.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51