Grace Beverley #20 Only 20 holidays per year, what a stressful career

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unrelated but her mum knew the master of her college (the main person in charge) at Oxford through sitting on the board of the museum for which she was curator at. Defo no nepotism there. Daughter too thick to get in first time round? Send her to a less impressive college with a decent connection 😍

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Unrelated but her mum knew the master of her college (the main person in charge) at Oxford through sitting on the board of the museum for which she was curator at. Defo no nepotism there. Daughter too thick to get in first time round? Send her to a less impressive college with a decent connection 😍
Which college did she go to?

Reactions: 1
Wasn’t it that she got in coz the bloke in charge of admissions taught her previously at the royal junior academy of music or whatever the duck it’s called

Reactions: 6
Wasn’t it that she got in coz the bloke in charge of admissions taught her previously at the royal junior academy of music or whatever the duck it’s called
Yeah tbf the master has nothing to do with admissions. I went to her college (before she started) and he was a big cheese in the arts world and would seem to favour students whose parents he knew, but that really just meant they got invited to more events (with other students) at his house and he was v anti setting people up with his media connections.

But yeah, the head of music was renowned for having favourites and not carrying out a very fair admissions process. He was old as hell and pretty sexist, 90% of music students were always boys and the girls he did let in were pretty blondes. Most music students already knew him before they were admitted through classical music scene connections (not to say they were privileged people, half of them were on bursaries but managed to get into cathedral choirs or w/e). The music world is massively incestuous and just about who you know.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
She really thinks she’s something special saying “well not everyone with the same privilege has achieved the same as me”. Right Grace so why do private school kids make up 7% of the population but make up 80% of Oxbridge, all of the Russell Group universities and probably almost every CEO/director position at the biggest companies?

She’s the product of class/wealth/nepotism/pretty privilege rolled into one, and can duck off acting like her fitness pdfs and talent got her there when she hasn’t got one single fitness or health qualification to her name even after all these years

• Heart
Reactions: 50
She really thinks she’s something special saying “well not everyone with the same privilege has achieved the same as me”. Right Grace so why do private school kids make up 7% of the population but make up 80% of Oxbridge, all of the Russell Group universities and probably almost every CEO/director position at the biggest companies?

She’s the product of class/wealth/nepotism/pretty privilege rolled into one, and can duck off acting like her fitness pdfs and talent got her there when she hasn’t got one single fitness or health qualification to her name even after all these years
She also makes out she’s not that privileged like her parents were gps or similar paying roles living in a middle class suburban area and attending the local private school, not multi-millionaires who lived in central london or their second home in France, went to one of the most prestigious private schools with the top results or 2nd if look at mixed private too!

Reactions: 44
Yeah honestly she says she mentions her privilege in every single interview, but the most I've ever seen her admit to is being white, cis, conventionally attractive, born in the UK, that sort of thing. Which yea of course that's privileged but it's privilege that millions of people have including most of her fans. I've *never* seen her admit to having multi millionaire parents and a knighted grandfather who have connections with very high up people. That is very unique privilege that sets her apart from most privileged people but she never admits to THAT. (Flashback to that interviewer who mentions her grandfather and her awkward ~thats true~ response lol)

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Yeah honestly she says she mentions her privilege in every single interview, but the most I've ever seen her admit to is being white, cis, conventionally attractive, born in the UK, that sort of thing. Which yea of course that's privileged but it's privilege that millions of people have including most of her fans. I've *never* seen her admit to having multi millionaire parents and a knighted grandfather who have connections with very high up people. That is very unique privilege that sets her apart from most privileged people but she never admits to THAT. (Flashback to that interviewer who mentions her grandfather and her awkward ~thats true~ response lol)
exactly, she mentions her priviledge in the sense that it is "fashionable" to do today, i. CIS , white etc never that she she is rich and with connections

Reactions: 22
Just calculated Grace’s carbon footprint in the last week alone just for flights (presuming she went from Heathrow -> Nice -> Morocco -> Dublin -> Santorini). Just shy of 700kg 🫠 but she produces crappy plastic leggings guys!!

• Wow
Reactions: 30
I wish she would have a bit more tact. We’re in a major living cost crisis, her whole brand and company are built on the idea of sustainability, yet she flaunts her designer outfits and extravagant holidays 24/7. Instead of getting worked up and overly defensive/annoyed towards feedback regarding her hypocrisy/out of touch behaviour, why can’t she (at the very least) demonstrate some compassion and rein it in a tad. Her “girlboss” attitude just comes off as really off-putting, especially when she does things like ask for dinner/hotel recommendations (when really, she’s looking for gifted meals or rooms). like just pay for your own damn meal, you’re a literal millionaire. where is her self-awareness??

• Heart
Reactions: 39

You’re so right about the oxbridge bit. How many “normal” people get to go there? My grades were far better than Grace’s and I never got in. I put it down due to being from Liverpool. My friend also from Liverpool was not accepted and she got the best grades possible

Reactions: 19
Who the hell is looking after her dog??? Has she just given him away?! The poor thing must be so confused.

Reactions: 17
On the privilege point - not only is her grandfather a KNIGHT, her uncles include a Grammy winner and a Brown University professor who studied at OXFORD (coincidence?)

To me it’s quite simple - would Grace have been accepted into her Oxford without her upbringing? Absolutely not.

She has mediocre grades, but was surrounded by people both at school and home who had been through the process and could coach her through the “perfect” interview. At great expense to her parents, she was taught at both the Royal Academy of Music and multiple private schools, including the best private school in the UK for girls (where 44% got accepted to Oxbridge this year) and at Salisbury Cathedral where she was a chorister. She was rejected for her original choice (was it PPE?) and was only accepted for music ON THE CONDITION that she join her college choir. Everything that her parents provided her set her up for that Oxford acceptance. The odds were completely stacked in her favour.

Second - would she have been so successful if it wasn’t for Oxford? Absolutely not. Granted, Oxford didn’t help her career in the traditional sense, but it made her stand out as an influencer. Every YT video would be”What I Eat in a Day at Oxford” or “Day in the Life at Oxford”. Even the location tags in her Insta posts were Oxford.

Yes, her initial following came before uni but it was only when she went to uni that she blew up. It wasn’t just the fitness content, it was the fact she was something people hadn’t seen before - a ripped white girl living in a mansion in Kensington and attending one of the best universities in the world. It was completely aspirational - people didn’t follow Grace, they wanted to BE Grace.

So yes, not everybody in Grace’s position has built huge companies. But almost everybody in Grace’s position would have gone on to be hugely successful, and if they hadn’t they would have had to have done something significantly wrong.

Has she ever in her life acknowledged her true privilege, beyond being white and having been to private school (she never specifies which by the way)? Never. It’s not just the fact that she’s white, it’s everything I’ve said above plus more, but to admit that would make Grace seem far less impressive than she is.

Not only does she not acknowledge her true privilege, but she actively downplays it-
- Claims she could only attend Oxford due to choral scholarship. In reality was worth just a couple hundred a year and she quit after the first term.
- Claims she was almost kicked out of university because she couldn’t afford her student loan. It was a student finance error that was quickly resolved.
- Once said she lives in “Wiltshire” to seem relatable, failing to mention she only lived there as part of Salisbury Cathedral’s boarding school that cost tens of thousands a year (this was primary school by the way)

Its damaging, dishonest and honestly just annoying to read lol

• Heart
Reactions: 74
Who the hell is looking after her dog??? Has she just given him away?! The poor thing must be so confused.
anna archer and milly g had ziggy for 24 hours... i've seen them hang out with grace maybe twice 😑

no idea who he was with for the other days but he's seemingly being passed about to anyone and everyone

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
anna archer and milly g had ziggy for 24 hours... i've seen them hang out with grace maybe twice 😑

no idea who he was with for the other days but he's seemingly being passed about to anyone and everyone
im not surprised, looking after a dog is a big commitment i wouldn't want to do so for weeks. how soon do we think she will give him away?

Reactions: 7
2EEE20D1-C8CD-4EE8-9987-A33F755341FD.png

what the actual duck. She says there is a “hotel crisis” in Dublin at the moment??? By saying it’s insanely expensive, that insinuates there aren’t many hotels. Having lived in Dublin for several years this is a slap in the face to the people there. There is a bleeping housing crisis in Dublin, and one reason why is because hotels are being prioritized over housing. Also — famous cultural institutions are being knocked down and built over to make more hotels. Prime example being the orignal Bernard Shaw. I’m in shock. What an out of touch Tory twit. Feck off.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.