Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MIClovergirl

VIP Member
Long time lurker, first time poster. I agree with many of the things in this thread but haven’t felt compelled to comment before but this really annoyed me. The woman she’s replying to was standing up for Grace in a discussion about sustainability and classism and saying that Grace is a great example despite the fact that she can’t afford TALA as it’s prohibitively expensive for her at the moment and Grace replies this?????? Who is she to say what is or isn’t ‘prohibitively expensive’ for someone? She comes across as so rude and immature, many many people, in fact pretty much all of my friends couldn’t afford £40-£50 for a pair of leggings and we’re in our mid 20s. She lives in a little bubble and it’s really frustrating to see. View attachment 171842
Ps. Anyone remember that vegan shoe range she brought out lol?!
Honestly this is ridiculous. It just shows that whilst she loves her working class labour voting vibe when it’s convenient to her, she can’t grasp the fact that some people just can’t afford £40 leggings or a £85 raincoat. No ones saying she’s expensive for sustainable, but the thought that £40 is a lot for some people doesn’t even register in her mind. I can’t imagine how horrible that would be to read if you were in that position and a millionaire Tory is telling you her clothes are cheap and undermining their personal experiences with money that she has never/will never come close to experiencing

When she’s talking about other people buying from her brands sustainability is essential from her point of view and there should be no compromise. People should save up to buy her clothes over buying a few pieces from somewhere like PLT.

but where is this same compromise and sacrifice for sustainability when she’s getting a crane to ship in a hot tub probably made heavily of plastic or buying a car to drive around zone 1/2 when there’s an abundance of transport links or when it comes to her necessary trips to Dubai and travelling. I’m all for sustainability and maintaining it in my life where I can like Grace, but for her to be shaming people for choosing cheaper clothes over her more expensive sustainable ones is horrible. if someone can not afford your clothes why can’t they feel like in a fast fashion dress if it’s all that’s accessible to them. Or is compromising sustainability only okay when you want to feel nice in your hot tub or in Dubai or in your shein clothes?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

DietGossip

VIP Member
What the fuck is Grace talking about here? “Entitlement to creators’ whole personal lives”? “Anonymity of the audience”?

How is an audience on Instagram any less anonymous than YouTube unless she checks her viewers for every single story? What she means is that she wants people that would otherwise be critical of her anonymously to be forced to be critical of her using an account tied to their personal identity, because she thinks that’s “fair”. Right, because using a real-life account with your full name and face on it, with possible visible or traceable ties to your employment, to criticise a bratty woman with a million rabid followers and famous cronies that will instantly jump to her defence and read you as a hater, is “fair”. If my name was traceable to my employment, the last thing I’d want to do is confront her in her space, because I wouldn’t want to have to deal with her fans chatting shit to my employer. She’s also insulted critics’ appearances before (true feminist vibes) based on real pictures on their profiles - why would I want to subject myself to that? Even if she doesn’t always get nasty, someone in her circle usually does, and she often supports that.

I had actually written “Obviously I’m not justifying that anonymity be used to be truly mean about her looks or whatever”, but rereading the rest of my comment I CBA. I have had a run in with a crony before on my personal account - on politics of all things - and said “girlboss” crony was really nasty to me. It was about feminism and her crony was saying pretty harmful stuff about women. It was quite a specific debate so I can’t go into more detail than that as Grace will probably figure out who I am. She later deleted her comments so she obviously knew that she was wrong/that that level of venom was bad for her image. No apology though, lol. Nice to know that a person with a public profile was willing to be that vicious to some random over something she clearly wasn’t even sure of.

Nobody is acting “entitled” to anything other than transparency and honesty. For fuck’s sake, no fan threatened to walk if she didn’t spill the beans about why she broke up with Aaron or her near-death experience.
But also, as her audience and the people that are her customers... We're not stupid. She is not open to any form of constructive criticism to the point that I wouldn't even try now because- like you said, the girls who do buy into the #GirlBoss image and who still want to support her would immediately track my employer down and try to "dob me in". She's upset because she (rightly) doesn't receive comments that are 100% pure adoration on youtube because a lot of her audience are smarter than she takes them for. We remember her pushing Bulkpowders saying it was the best vegan protein she'd ever had, we remember her saying that BCAAs weren't necessary. So when people (again, rightly) challenge her on going back on these things that she has said- that's not blind hatred and a feeling of entitlement to her life. That's literally people calling her out on being inconsistent, and using the platform she has only when she wants to sell things. We didn't start watching Grace because she was a walking advert, we watched because her content was nice and relatable. But she's the one who treats YouTube as her own personal advertising platform. Her channel lost what people loved about it a long time ago, so it's no wonder people are demanding some kind of honesty about why her content has so drastically changed, and why her views have only changed once she realised she can try and make money from these changes. Especially when she has gone back and hidden/deleted a ton of the videos that people subscribed to her because of the content she was making.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. That's what drives people here. You literally CANNOT voice any even slightly negative comment in a place she might see it. Just look at the example from a few pages ago with a girl asking about how pushing people to buy more is sustainable- which I agree, it isn't sustainable and people CAN SEE THROUGH THE POLITICIAN-SPEAK WHICH IS WHY THEY ARE ASKING- and how even one of her friends was there being nasty to what was just a question because Grace literally CANNOT separate herself from her business, which I've said before- she NEEDS TO DRAW A LINE BETWEEN HER AND HER AUDIENCE AND QUIT USING SOCIAL MEDIA LIKE AN INFLUENCER. She needs to distance herself, stop blogging her daily life and get separate accounts for her personal life that her followers do not know about. But she'll never do that because without her- Tala and B_ND would be nothing.

Grace, if you are reading here you need to take that leap and start acting like a CEO. Your audience feels entitled to your life because you cannot do anything without documenting it. Step back, take some time away and think about the actual, constructive feedback people have about your businesses and implement those changes.
I'm not here because I hate you, I'm here because I can't voice any opinion about this publicly without being dog piled on.

• Heart
If Grace actually means what she is tweeting then she needs to stop posting on Instagram decked out in fast fashion. Even if she doesn't tag the brand, she usually gets countless comments asking where a particular item of clothing is from, almost always met with a reply (albeit from another follower and not necessarily Grace herself). Even without tagging the brand, Grace has given these fast fashion brands FREE ADVERTISEMENT. Look at the Insta post mentioned above, lots of Grace's followers are sharing the PLT link with each other so they can buy the top she was wearing. By wearing the top on her Instagram, she has inadvertently endorsed that piece of clothing and therefore that particular fast fashion brand; she has now encouraged multiple people to shop fast fashion. If she wants to preach like this then fine but how can you when you are contributing to the problem? Grace holds herself out to be a MILLIONAIRE she can afford to shop sustainably, there really is no excuse. Even if she bought the clothes years ago, just don't wear them on your Instagram with over a million followers. Consistently wearing fast fashion on her Instagram just shows to me that Grace cares more about looking good on her grid than the very thing she claims to care the most about.

ninnnnjjaaaa

Chatty Member
One of Grace's friends she used to hangout with, Arianna Dantone, retweeted this and I felt like there needed to be a small change.

grace.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

MIClovergirl

VIP Member
why can't she just respond like a professional normal human being or "CEO" and have to be so passive aggressive? View attachment 170218
I’ve never seen a CEO who argues with their customers so much. This girl was clearly on the site trying to buy something and therefore supporting the brand, but grace sees herself so far above any criticism she has to be passive anyone that has any genuine issues with the brand. She needs to learn to separate her personal anger issues from her customer service or just not get involved at all...

Reactions: 28

Henway

Someone posted a video a while back about her review of Shreddy (dumb name imo) and I followed her since then and someone asked her opinion on tala and this is what she had to say
2B5BD629-C7E9-4194-AF07-D639869ABBD6.png

lushstudent

I cannot stand Grace, I won't lie. She is the most generic, "accidentally fell into fitness" fitness guru who is conventionally attractive and lives off mummy and daddy's money. Her lack of transparency with her privilege is vile and personally, from a business point of view, I find quite damaging because she has proclaimed that you can create a successful business whilst at university and eventually buy a million pound house in London - this isn't accurate for the majority of people. She is supported with her parents/family's money and her own privilege. Also, TALA isn't sustainable and she's just lying to her customers.

• Heart

MIClovergirl

VIP Member
Grace complains that people don’t take her seriously as a woman in business but 1) she’s white, rich and privileged I’m sure she gets a lot more respect than most women 2) she posts immature stuff like sticking her middle finger up and takes pics with the sole purpose of showing her bum I don’t know how she expects to be taken seriously just as if a male ceo was posting pics in his boxers with his middle finger up and 3) she’s so argumentative and rude in her comments it’s hardly ceo behaviour

Reactions: 27

kas85

I agree. As an example: she’s currently advertising jobs with salaries that are “competitive” if she was as left wing as she makes out she would advertise an appropriate and well paid salary for all of her roles because one of the biggest things that contributes to salary gaps for women/minorities in the UK is the lack of transparency around salaries. If someone has the skills, pay them fairly regardless

That’s what I think a truly politically left-leaning CEO would demand her organisation does... I certainly would in her position because that’s how you actually create change.

It annoys me how she kept saying how 'broke' she was after her buying her house and renovating it, mentioning "the chemical peel was £12,000 which was very expensive but so worth it". But she actually has SO much money that she could easily afford this stuff, and travel south america for 2 months on top of that. Every single thing in her home was expensive. The bar in her 'babe cave' was £900 and she said she "went cheap" at that stage because of how much everything else was costing. The necklaces she recently put links to on her instagram stories were £500 each. In the past few weeks she's bought a hot tub and had it installed, and now she's sporting £700 balenciagas. Why can't her followers see that she is so detached from reality. I really hope people can see through her BLM activism. There is nothing sincere about her. I also wonder if she has many genuine friends because she only seems to do things with her tala colleagues so she can post a story saying how close they all are, and she didn't seem to have many friends at uni.
she really is so unbelievably out of touch with reality its actually sickening
people are literally jobless due to the pandemic and she's bragging about her hot tub and £500 necklaces
like sis, read the room....

• Angry

Stephg264889

Chatty Member
You can tell grace knows she’s absolutely out of order with this holiday because neither her or Montana have posted a single pic or story together. And they are usually go out their way to show off their friends

markey

Her argument makes no sense. She's said she didn't post pictures with Montana to avoid promoting going abroad. If she truly didn't want to promote it she wouldn't have posted the bikini pics and pics with her sister either.

She selectively chose not to post with Montana because she was lying.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26

RSM

Ngl the one thing I won't fault her on is her political views. Though I think she can sometimes be performative, I'm very glad someone with her influence (especially in the UK) speaks up about the issues she does. A lot of influencers stay quiet as not to divide their audience and I'm pleasantly surprised and glad that she's vocal about racism and classism, even if she could be doing better about it in her personal life.
She is vocal but she's a keyboard warrior. Her actions don't support it, to me it's just virtue signalling

MIClovergirl

VIP Member
It’s not that rare or lucky at all. I think a lot of comments about her wealth are a tad unfair - there are lots of people who have used social media jobs or ‘normal’ jobs to make their money and have houses whether they come from money or not.. it’s not luck, it’s hard work. I think her tweet was in jest... not nearly suggesting she’s bored with the things she paid for in her house and even if she was, so what?
You should read the rest of the thread. She wouldn’t have been able to set up her businesses without existing wealth, she wasn’t doing brand deals at this point. And most influencers earn lots of money after a few years and buy a flat or a smaller house unless they’re a massive influencer, which she isn’t really. She paid for 3 years of uni, an abundance of holidays, unlimited designer foods, a multimillion pound house in zone 2 with about 200k of renovations. New business owners can not afford all of this as they reinvest until the company is established. To be able to do all this in the space of a few years you definitely have to have come from money and have other financial support. I never said she didn’t work hard, just that what she has isn’t solely based on her hard work, it’s a lot of privilege too. And yes I did say I know it’s a joke, but given we are in a global pandemic and everyone’s stuck at home and she doesn’t see how lucky she is to have a massive house...read the room.

*goods not foods