Grace Beverley #2 How to be a successful entrepreneur; sponsored by GenFlow & rich parents

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
uhhhmmmm ok I was just stalking the TALA trustpilot and they suddenly have a slew of positive comments but all of them have the same story of buying separate packages during restrock only for TALA to "kindly" merge all the packages for them to one package and then refunding the shipping fees. How shady LOL

Reactions: 1
Okay, so out of curiosity, I went to the Genflow website to see what they said and what they do. It opens with,

"In 2020, influencers should have there own brands. Why? It's authentic. You can make a real difference for people. Make at least 5 times more than brand deals. And most importantly. You OWN it. #equity #notad. We build brands for influencers"

They then lead into this:

"What we do"

"In 2020 anyone can launch a direct to consumer brand. Setup a website, get some products/make a course and sell it online. It’s easy, we get it.
But would it be successful? You will make some sales but would it work in 12 months, will it build into a full fledged business that can grow without you? Could you sell the business for $100M one day? This is what we do. We work with you and give you a team focused on strategy, branding, paid ads, content, eCommerce and the rest so you can focus on being the CEO to lead the business and the team handles the business processes, day to day operations and growth."

It then lists all their clients that they have started brands for with a lot of big names. Anothony Joshua, Patricia Bright etc.

The part that confuses me is the, "we'll handle the products, customer service, branding, strategy, growth, ads, Ecommerce, day to day operations... you can focus on being THE CEO." Hmmm.. this company seems like an influencers dream. The company literally does everything and then the person can play "founder/ceo" while everything else is taken care of.

Someone can basically be the "founder/ceo" while doing absolutely nothing, and still making a fortune, based on their following and IG promotion. You literally take any "entrepreneurship"/effort/skill/hard work out of it and then become an instant "CEO". It's amazing to take advantage of your popularity and your opportunities, but I feel it's hurting a lot of people who will compare themselves to the influencers and not see the full story.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Okay, so out of curiosity, I went to the Genflow website to see what they said and what they do. It opens with,

"In 2020, influencers should have there own brands. Why? It's authentic. You can make a real difference for people. Make at least 5 times more than brand deals. And most importantly. You OWN it. #equity #notad. We build brands for influencers"

"What we do"

"In 2020 anyone can launch a direct to consumer brand. Setup a website, get some products/make a course and sell it online. It’s easy, we get it.
But would it be successful? You will make some sales but would it work in 12 months, will it build into a full fledged business that can grow without you? Could you sell the business for $100M one day? This is what we do. We work with you and give you a team focused on strategy, branding, paid ads, content, eCommerce and the rest so you can focus on being the CEO to lead the business and the team handles the business processes, day to day operations and growth."

It then lists all their clients that they have started brands for with a lot of big names. Anothony Joshua, Patricia Bright etc.

The part that confuses me is the, "we'll handle the products, customer service, branding, strategy, growth, ads, Ecommerce, day to day operations... you can focus on being THE CEO." Hmmm.. this company seems like an influencers dream. The company literally does everything and then the person can play "founder/ceo" while everything else is taken care of.

Someone can basically be the "founder/ceo" while doing absolutely nothing, and still making a fortune, based on their following and IG promotion. You literally take any "entrepreneurship"/effort/skill/hard work out of it and then become an instant "CEO". It's amazing to take advantage of your popularity and your opportunities, but I feel it's hurting a lot of people who will compare themselves to the influencers and not see the full story.
I mean it’s pretty clear she doesn’t work the hours of a CEO. Does she work hard? Definitely. But I think the ‘extra’ hours she puts in is down to her being a control freak rather than actually adding value that wouldn’t be there without her. People in her life that say she work crazy hours are people that have never had jobs, like her love island friends and Steph elswood. Her peers that went to oxford with her probably work longer and more strenuous hours but don’t get thousands of people congratulating them for doing a days work. She loves to be made out as the hardest working person and gets gratification out of people being like omg grace take a break which she shows by screenshotting and posting it on social media everytime someone says that. I understand at Oxford when she was busy because of her degree and social media etc, but now I’m sorry if your day consists of a few meetings, having time to nap and finish at 5 then you’re not even nearly at the level of being able to brag about working too hard

And I’m sorry but anyone thanking grace for getting their degree, she is not a good example to go off. She had no social life at uni, no societies and clearly hasn’t left with that many friends. A normal person without all that help is not going to come out of uni with a business just because they sacrifice their social life for work, because you just don’t have the means to do so. I mean come on, she literally was paying people to work for her whilst she was a uni student?

Reactions: 17
Is it just me or is it extremely sad when people post things on Tala insta like "omg the stress!!!" about tala restock? The capitalist world is too much, so much hassle over some fitness gear, people getting up at 5 in the morning to get a Tala item. Guess that's good they don't have other things in their life to worry about.
But its sUiStAiNaBlE so it's okay 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Christ she's as bad as Boris for using waffle to avoid giving straight answers to questions, she'd make an excellent tory MP with all the shite she chats! Must be something they teach you at private school.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

"What we do"

I guess it's like a weird pyramid scheme, like they almost buy the influencer. The influencers have to put the work in the beginning to grow their following and deal with all the mental health stresses + time investment that come with growing a following but once they're considered "legitimate", then these big brands / companies "invest in them" by giving them an entire staff to help them with their products but take what I assume a chunk of those profit portions back. They're the true business people not these influencers. The influencers probably just tell them what they want to do for their brand bc they know their following best and Genflow helps that product come to being by supplying them with the right labour and resources. However, I do think a certain amount of work is needed for the influencers to maintain the quality of their products however bc as we can see Grace's Shreddy app is tit while Krissy Cela's is great - so Genflow isn't 100% controlling the products or else all the products would be the same quality. The influencers also need enough business acumen to make sure that they're not being scammed also. But I do think without Genflow a lot of them wouldn't have what they have now.

Reactions: 5
Long time lurker, first time poster. I agree with many of the things in this thread but haven’t felt compelled to comment before but this really annoyed me. The woman she’s replying to was standing up for Grace in a discussion about sustainability and classism and saying that Grace is a great example despite the fact that she can’t afford TALA as it’s prohibitively expensive for her at the moment and Grace replies this?????? Who is she to say what is or isn’t ‘prohibitively expensive’ for someone? She comes across as so rude and immature, many many people, in fact pretty much all of my friends couldn’t afford £40-£50 for a pair of leggings and we’re in our mid 20s. She lives in a little bubble and it’s really frustrating to see.
D04AEA48-0227-4CC8-8EE8-38D647B1D36B.png

Ps. Anyone remember that vegan shoe range she brought out lol?!

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Long time lurker, first time poster. I agree with many of the things in this thread but haven’t felt compelled to comment before but this really annoyed me. The woman she’s replying to was standing up for Grace in a discussion about sustainability and classism and saying that Grace is a great example despite the fact that she can’t afford TALA as it’s prohibitively expensive for her at the moment and Grace replies this?????? Who is she to say what is or isn’t ‘prohibitively expensive’ for someone? She comes across as so rude and immature, many many people, in fact pretty much all of my friends couldn’t afford £40-£50 for a pair of leggings and we’re in our mid 20s. She lives in a little bubble and it’s really frustrating to see. View attachment 171842
Yeah though I'd say 40-50 for leggings is pretty standard for the bigher, popular brands like gymshark, women's best, alphalete etc.

The one with koi footwear?

Long time lurker, first time poster. I agree with many of the things in this thread but haven’t felt compelled to comment before but this really annoyed me. The woman she’s replying to was standing up for Grace in a discussion about sustainability and classism and saying that Grace is a great example despite the fact that she can’t afford TALA as it’s prohibitively expensive for her at the moment and Grace replies this?????? Who is she to say what is or isn’t ‘prohibitively expensive’ for someone? She comes across as so rude and immature, many many people, in fact pretty much all of my friends couldn’t afford £40-£50 for a pair of leggings and we’re in our mid 20s. She lives in a little bubble and it’s really frustrating to see. View attachment 171842
The vegan shoe launch was awful lol

Why can't she just speak like a normal person? Matching other large activewear brands doesn't invite me to buy from yours more, when I read the reviews of both and see that one is far better than the other at lasting longer... I'm a huge advocate for sustainability but even I'd refuse to buy from any brand who's products break immediately. There's nothing sustainable about wasted fabric.

She's also touting herself as this revolutionary icon, babe people have been high on the sustainability train long before you, and people do it way better than you. Claiming you're a "sustainability business queen" and then rocking around in shein bikinis, ok hun.

Reactions: 14
Christ she's as bad as Boris for using waffle to avoid giving straight answers to questions, she'd make an excellent tory MP with all the shite she chats! Must be something they teach you at private school.
I think what they teach you is the arrogance to talk like this as if you are saying something when you’ve said nothing, yet assuming people are too stupid to realise

Reactions: 11
Nobody ever seems to realise that the only sustainable way of buying is to stop buying altogether. The only truly sustainable brand is no brand.

Reactions: 33
Nobody ever seems to realise that the only sustainable way of buying is to stop buying altogether. The only truly sustainable brand is no brand.
Yeh exactly, but then how would she pay for her hot tub and expensive “adopted” dog?!

Reactions: 6
Just me that gets extremely aggravated by the ridiculous tone her “poo” talks in on her dog instagram page? It’s a dog not a toddler with a lisp Grez

Reactions: 2
Honestly this is ridiculous. It just shows that whilst she loves her working class labour voting vibe when it’s convenient to her, she can’t grasp the fact that some people just can’t afford £40 leggings or a £85 raincoat. No ones saying she’s expensive for sustainable, but the thought that £40 is a lot for some people doesn’t even register in her mind. I can’t imagine how horrible that would be to read if you were in that position and a millionaire Tory is telling you her clothes are cheap and undermining their personal experiences with money that she has never/will never come close to experiencing

When she’s talking about other people buying from her brands sustainability is essential from her point of view and there should be no compromise. People should save up to buy her clothes over buying a few pieces from somewhere like PLT.

but where is this same compromise and sacrifice for sustainability when she’s getting a crane to ship in a hot tub probably made heavily of plastic or buying a car to drive around zone 1/2 when there’s an abundance of transport links or when it comes to her necessary trips to Dubai and travelling. I’m all for sustainability and maintaining it in my life where I can like Grace, but for her to be shaming people for choosing cheaper clothes over her more expensive sustainable ones is horrible. if someone can not afford your clothes why can’t they feel like in a fast fashion dress if it’s all that’s accessible to them. Or is compromising sustainability only okay when you want to feel nice in your hot tub or in Dubai or in your shein clothes?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I cannot stand Grace, I won't lie. She is the most generic, "accidentally fell into fitness" fitness guru who is conventionally attractive and lives off mummy and daddy's money. Her lack of transparency with her privilege is vile and personally, from a business point of view, I find quite damaging because she has proclaimed that you can create a successful business whilst at university and eventually buy a million pound house in London - this isn't accurate for the majority of people. She is supported with her parents/family's money and her own privilege. Also, TALA isn't sustainable and she's just lying to her customers.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Honestly this is ridiculous. It just shows that whilst she loves her working class labour voting vibe when it’s convenient to her, she can’t grasp the fact that some people just can’t afford £40 leggings or a £85 raincoat. No ones saying she’s expensive for sustainable, but the thought that £40 is a lot for some people doesn’t even register in her mind. I can’t imagine how horrible that would be to read if you were in that position and a millionaire Tory is telling you her clothes are cheap and undermining their personal experiences with money that she has never/will never come close to experiencing

When she’s talking about other people buying from her brands sustainability is essential from her point of view and there should be no compromise. People should save up to buy her clothes over buying a few pieces from somewhere like PLT.
Completely agree here- she compares herself to gymshark as if a lot of her audience can also afford gymshark. It's only now I have a steady income I've invested in gymshark- before most of my workout clothes came from Primark, Asda or Sainsbury's. But I used those cheaper leggings for YEARS.

Reactions: 15
Completely agree here- she compares herself to gymshark as if a lot of her audience can also afford gymshark. It's only now I have a steady income I've invested in gymshark- before most of my workout clothes came from Primark, Asda or Sainsbury's. But I used those cheaper leggings for YEARS.
I have a pair of tesco leggings that are like 5 years old and cost me £20, they are only now starting to show wear and tear signs but I legit wear them like once a week. Hers split after trying on or one to two wears and like double the price, but hers are more sustainable...

Reactions: 10
I have a pair of tesco leggings that are like 5 years old and cost me £20, they are only now starting to show wear and tear signs but I legit wear them like once a week. Hers split after trying on or one to two wears and like double the price, but hers are more sustainable...
Grace is a fraud

Reactions: 8
Yes Allison 👏🏻

I’ve not heard her mention her supplements since her YouTube debacle, I know they’re advertised regularly on B_ND’s insta but Grace herself never talks about them, can’t be as revolutionary as she was making our, huh?
Grace’s whole Instagram/Twitter is just her victimising herself and talking about how rich she wants to be even if people are jealous. When is she going to realise people commenting on your brand because you haven’t listened to any of the criticisms is not making you a victim. And also her story yesterday about her goal to be rich and own multiple houses which you can only do through being a business owner. It’s distasteful because in order to promote herself she’s putting down other people. I always see Krissy Cela as a direct comparison. She was doing a degree whilst starting her business, bought a house, a dog, has an app but she’s SO humble. You can see she has all the stuff without her pushing it in your face, and she’s so so grateful when she gets them. No ones happy for Grace because she’s not grateful and then will push it in her followers face like look I’m the ideal person and you’re not. Yesterday whilst grace was bragging on Instagram about being better than everyone krissy was posting videos of her trying out new workout moves for her app...says it all really.

I don’t think Grace realises people don’t dislike her because she has material things, they dislike her because she’s obnoxious and lacks self awareness. My attitude towards krissy has not changed since she had 100k followers to now because she’s still such a lovely girl

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.