Grace Beverley #2 How to be a successful entrepreneur; sponsored by GenFlow & rich parents

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s trying to defend herself on twitter again this morning. Her PR team need to tell her to zip her lips!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She’s trying to defend herself on twitter again this morning. Her PR team need to tell her to zip her lips!
When people call her out suddenly she’s like I always admit my faults etc about sustainability. Sorry, where? The fact she’s clearly so worked up about it going back and forth with this person, she can’t stand anyone not thinking she’s perfect

When people call her out suddenly she’s like I always admit my faults etc about sustainability. Sorry, where? The fact she’s clearly so worked up about it going back and forth with this person, she can’t stand anyone not thinking she’s perfect
The puppy farm comment got me. She didn’t even deny it.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She’s probably using all those litres of water she saved through TALA to fill her hot tub. But hey, it’s okay when it’s her but if you’re wearing a pair of gym leggings that used too much water to make you’re a bad person, you should be wearing her sustainable ones that rip after 2 wears

• Haha
Reactions: 21
anybody else see this argument in the comments of one of tala’s posts? lol
Okay but no this is a ridiculous thing to say- Grace did not invent the resistance band or the word Sol. The bands were huge when she started, that's WHY she made them- because the only influencers who were selling them were based in America. I'll use Bret Contreras (despite the fact he's an abusive asshole) as an example because literally talked about doing band work all the way back in 2013 in Strong Curves, and in fact you can go all the way back to 2009 where he wrote "Advanced Techniques in Glutei Maximi Strengthening" (see photo for an example of this from pg 31).

Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 10.30.13.png

Here is an instagram of Bret using a resistance band the same style as the "booty" bands back in 2016

Here is a video of Grace using a resistance band from Amazon in August 2017

In November 2017 Grace released the bands which are interestingly made up out of plastic fabric, not just fabric like she promotes now.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk Grace Beverley did not invent resistance bands and people (even Grace herself) were using them long before she made a pink one. All she did was reinforce the idea that bands can help grow muscle by marketing her own bum to impressionable young women who wanted to look like her.

Reactions: 16
If Grace actually means what she is tweeting then she needs to stop posting on Instagram decked out in fast fashion. Even if she doesn't tag the brand, she usually gets countless comments asking where a particular item of clothing is from, almost always met with a reply (albeit from another follower and not necessarily Grace herself). Even without tagging the brand, Grace has given these fast fashion brands FREE ADVERTISEMENT. Look at the Insta post mentioned above, lots of Grace's followers are sharing the PLT link with each other so they can buy the top she was wearing. By wearing the top on her Instagram, she has inadvertently endorsed that piece of clothing and therefore that particular fast fashion brand; she has now encouraged multiple people to shop fast fashion. If she wants to preach like this then fine but how can you when you are contributing to the problem? Grace holds herself out to be a MILLIONAIRE she can afford to shop sustainably, there really is no excuse. Even if she bought the clothes years ago, just don't wear them on your Instagram with over a million followers. Consistently wearing fast fashion on her Instagram just shows to me that Grace cares more about looking good on her grid than the very thing she claims to care the most about.

Reactions: 30
I'd be so embarrassed if I were her
Maybe it’s because I’ve just woken up but why does it take me so many damn attempts to understand what she’s saying whenever she tweets or comments something 😂

Reactions: 12
I love how she refers to and talks about influencers like she’s not one? I understand no one can be perfectly sustainable, but if you’re going to pick and choose yourself then don’t come so hard shaming people for doing the same? Just because you may not pick the same things to be sustainable with and the exceptions you make are different doesn’t make you better than them? Grace honestly thinks she’s so above criticism. She wants you to go criticise an influencer earning an income working with boohoo, but not criticise her for having a massive plastic hot tub filled with 1000 litres of water and required Massive amounts petrol to be To delivered

I think even buying second hand ptl things is pretty dubious as you are still, technically, supporting their purchase initially , especially if you know you are advertising them basically to all your fans

I love how she refers to and talks about influencers like she’s not one? I understand no one can be perfectly sustainable, but if you’re going to pick and choose yourself then don’t come so hard shaming people for doing the same? Just because you may not pick the same things to be sustainable with and the exceptions you make are different doesn’t make you better than them? Grace honestly thinks she’s so above criticism. She wants you to go criticise an influencer earning an income working with boohoo, but not criticise her for having a massive plastic hot tub filled with 1000 litres of water and required Massive amounts petrol to be To delivered
She always comes back saying how she gets so much more criticism just because she speaks out and how that isn't fair. The thing is though Grace, you MAKE MONEY from calling yourself a sustainable queen. Your multi-million pound gym wear brand's main selling point is that it is supposedly sustainable and you should buy Tala because fast fashion is the devil. A significant proportion of your following only follows you because you claim to be a sustainable queen, because of your veganism etc. When you put yourself on a pedestal, and consequently profit from doing so, you are opening yourself up to more criticism. Grace is right, people like Molly Mae aren't criticised as much if they wear fast fashion - but they don't make money from claiming to be anti-fast fashion????

I'm glad Grace speaks out, but she needs to understand that people will only listen to her if she practices what she preaches and, if she doesn't, then people will be angry. You can't make people feel guilty for wearing fast fashion when you yourself can't resist it.

Reactions: 21
She's such a hypocrite. "Do as I say, not as I do" should be her motto

Reactions: 11
Grace only cares about sustainable, ethics, veganism, etc. to appear ‘woke’ and to make money. She knows that without those things, there is nothing that sets her apart from the masses of influencers showing off their body to sell products.

I decided to make a list summarising all the contradictory things that 'sustainability queen Grez' has done to prove this:
  • She went vegan because she cares about the animals. Yet, she wears leather, promotes non-vegan products (e.g. the honey truffle mushrooms), and bought a dog from a breeder
  • She created a 'sustainable' brand claiming she cares about the environment. Yet, she doesn’t care about the quality of her products. She’s always travelling. She continues accepting and advertising products that she is sent. She continues buying unnecessary luxuries like her London mansion and over £100k worth of renovations.
  • She rants about how people should buy her products because fast-fashion is slavery. Yet, she continues to buy/wear fast-fashion. She is not transparent about the wages/labour conditions of Tala factory workers. She also uses factories in China.
  • She tweeted about how ridiculous it was that rich people were forcing their cleaners to work during a pandemic. Yet, she moves her furniture into her London mansion, hires a wardrobe organiser, and has a hot-tub installed during a pandemic.
  • She tweets about the importance of diversity. Yet, her close team consists of slim, white females who look exactly like her.
She justifies her actions by saying that she’s doing her best. That she's being held to a higher standard than other influencers and that it’s unrealistic to expect people to be sustainable 100% of the time. However, people are expecting more from her because she's capitalising from it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 39
  • She tweeted about how ridiculous it was that rich people were forcing their cleaners to work during a pandemic. Yet, she moves her furniture into her London mansion, hires a wardrobe organiser, and has a hot-tub installed a pandemic.
Don't forget that she went to the delivery warehouse to chase down her gym equipment right at the start of lockdown

• Haha
she constantly uses the same defense mechanisms of “at least i’m doing something - that makes me immune from criticisms” when she says “i hope you’re using the same energy for other influencers.” it’s just deflection because she knows she’s wrong.

it must be exhausting to deal with her cognitive dissonance on fast fashion

Grace is still going with that twitter user on twitter after a follower made a comment! It looks like twitter user reads this thread. If you’re reading, hello!!

it's still going and just pasting it for receipts - sorry if it's out of order theres like different comments all over the place and i'm pretty sure i've missed a few. But wow Grace's excuse for the hot tub, bleeping audacious and embarassing i cannot deal she is literally out of touch like no Grace you didn't need to get any to begin with but go off you capitalist warrior you xxx.

Hello Jacqueline, i have a strong feeling you've been reading this and if you see this, know that I appreciate you and your efforts.
Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 7.16.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 7.18.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 7.16.28 PM.png

lots of Grace's followers are sharing the PLT link with each other so they can buy the top she was wearing. By wearing the top on her Instagram, she has inadvertently endorsed that piece of clothing and therefore that particular fast fashion brand; she has now encouraged multiple people to shop fast fashion. If she wants to preach like this then fine but how can you when you are contributing to the problem? Grace holds herself out to be a MILLIONAIRE she can afford to shop sustainably, there really is no excuse. Even if she bought the clothes years ago, just don't wear them on your Instagram with over a million followers. Consistently wearing fast fashion on her Instagram just shows to me that Grace cares more about looking good on her grid than the very thing she claims to care the most about.
No joke her minions are as hypocritical as her, they all love her for being a #sustainablekween and want to defend her to death about how sustainable she is but on the other hand they also wanna look exactly like her so when she wears something from a giant fast fashion brand that they also probably spend a lot of time hating on behalf of Grace, they don't even think twice and need to jump at it and get it too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.