Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

imsorry

A negative, verified-purchase review is up now, for those who were saying they’d be interested to see one!
BBC3A4EE-D140-4458-9781-96B060E8A461.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 96

fwooper

VIP Member

"I have realized that rich people have a tough time conceptualizing just how wealthy they are and how materially different this makes their lives from other people. The image forwarded by girlboss culture is that of a battle-worn woman who had to scrape and claw her way up the corporate ladder while dodging a host of obstacles set up by “the man.” This image is a fallacy for most of the women who cling to the title of girlboss. The Kylie Jenners, the Grace Beverleys and the Rachel Hollises of the world started the game on third base and now deign to dish out advice to consumers who don’t even have a spot on the pitch. It is disingenuous and intellectually dishonest."

-mic drop-

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 88
She looks so council in that picture.
I hope you mean that as in: she's a privileged, rich upper class person, masquerading as a person of lower socio-economic status by wearing the same styles and fashions branded chavvy by the mainstream for yeeeears and has only become acceptable now pretty rich white girls are doing it.

Rather than: she looks rough as if from a council estate. 🤨

• Heart
Reactions: 81

s-silver7

Ok so this is a bit off topic and i never post here but i have a minor theory about grace/her success etc.
I feel like she was super popular when she was a student only because that was more relatable to people - her actual life is so far from normal (generational wealth, family homes worth millions, private boarding school) .
So many rich private school students go to uni and pretend like they are ‘normal’ and relatable, they pretend to be skint and have no money when in reality they will always be supported by their family and have their wealth to fall back on if anything goes wrong!
You can totally see this in grace with her bs about being unable to pay her uni fees and having to write the guides to pay (which is weird to make a point of anyway as most typical uni students get a loan because no one has a spare 9 grand a year).
Now that grace has left uni and can’t use that persona to be relatable people see her for who she actually is which is why i think her success is dwindling!! I used to watch her uni vlogs all the time- I had no clue about her background and just thought she was super hard working and had done well by getting into Oxford, which is deffo the image she portrayed imo. Now with her constant #girlboss insta posts and shit book that helps no one, everyone can see she is someone who few people can relate to or even understand (million pound mansion, no proper job given that she can go gym and get blow drys in the middle of the work day, aspirations to be a billionaire). She’s a capitalist that only cares about profit and her own success. Her TALA products are shitty and break easily. The company is just complete green washing and their fast fashion model of constant launches is far from sustainable. So much of shreddy’s messaging and branding goes against her supposed left wing morals. Advertising in the daily mail and the emphasis on looking snatched or booty goals over feeling strong and healthy is so shocking for someone who self proclaims as a left wing feminist. I think a lot of people are seeing now that she isn’t who she portrayed in her uni vlogs.
I’m so sorry for this ramble and I’m sure none of it made sense but I needed to brain dump. Thanks to anyone who made it to the end of this lmao.

• Heart
Reactions: 78

aemee321

Chatty Member
Such a slap in the face to actual talented writers when she says shit like "I've never been good at writing but still a bestseller 🤪", yeah we know that now, so why did you write a fucking book? It's just another box tick for her, she has no passion for it, notice how her monthly book clubs and posts about reading have suddenly stopped, because she doesn't have to keep up this act of being such a book worm lol?

Meanwhile real authors devote so much to their craft, and still can't get anything published because publishers would rather fight over the rights to a guaranteed money maker because it comes with a ready made gullible fanbase who'll buy anything. She boils my piss, "do it properly and put your everything" into sorting your scam of a business out then come back

• Heart
Reactions: 75

p33p33p00p00

Her playing the sexism card whenever she gets rightfully criticised is getting so old. I’m so done with her like actually fuck off. She does this every fcking time. Does she know what sexism is? This is why some people won’t take feminists seriously, actually makes my blood boil.
Also she says block and move on - take your own advice then rather than sharing it so people can flood into her dms to affirm her decisions and call her a boss bitch ceo

• Heart
Reactions: 74

ceecee454

Chatty Member
Genuinely curious- I've seen primark have released a sustainable greenwashed range of activewear made from recycled bottles. Wondering what the difference is between theirs and TALA's? Theirs retail for £10 btw
main diff will be thirty quid and primark ceo isn’t all over their insta page wearing theirs with their tongue out and camel toe

• Haha
Reactions: 73

ramble1234

A pretty recent ex of mine has just got a new girlfriend and I have to say it did make me feel a little better when i realised she licks Grace’s arse and is decked out in full tala 😭😭

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 73

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
OT, but why tf has her flatmate done this to his hair 😭
Swear down Grace was booting off and cancelling white people who did this for cultural appropriation a few months ago? How times change eh
1D9E155D-E090-47A3-8A2E-7DC32D1CCDC6.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 72

emm

VIP Member
As a self confessed drama queen who loves to over exaggerate, I actually cannot cope with how dramatic she is??? If she hadn’t commented literally nobody would have noticed this tiny scar on her stomach. It’s really bizarre how much she does this (I remember a video of her blowing out her birthday candles on one of her birthdays, and she says “I’m so asthmatic” twice because the first time nobody paid attention looool)
"slicing open my tummy without warning" wtf does that even mean? he ran up to her with a scalpel and just started hacking away? that asmatic thing is hilarious, and then posting it online for everyone to see her ridiculousness, so asthmatic that she was able to travel around without a mask during a disease that affects the lungs :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 71

Yel

Chatty Member
The book is down to #34 in Amazon. I wouldn't really call if a success as a book; it's just merch for a social media influencer that has next to no merit to sell on its own without swipe ups. It won't get a second run and by next month will barely sell any. I do wonder how many were printed as the sales are low for someone with so many followers.

Lots of the 5 star reviews look like fans that haven't even read it 😆

This is the most accurate review I've seen:
Screenshot_20210428-075754_Chrome.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 71
She just insta storied about her 1.5 hour gym session....at 2:30pm. Busy CEO running two businesses yet takes time out in the middle of the working day for a long gym session? If she really wanted a workout she could have done a quick lunch hour workout in her home gym, rather than taking a long chunk out of her afternoon to travel all the way to a gym, do a big session and get back home again. Then she does her defensive font size 5 lecture on the next slide about how she rearranged her working day to start earlier so that she could still fit the gym in....which personally I don't buy but okay....but this just shows that she really isn't in a position to give people advice about how to manage/structure their 9-5 working days when she can just do her 'work' whenever she wants and take 3 hours out to go to the gym when she feels like it. Then goes on about how she is so burnt out. Well surely if you're burnt out you could've taken the day off from the gym rather than pushing yourself to do a big leg day session? She's glorifying pushing yourself through burn outs rather than taking time out which is the opposite of what she preaches in her book.

Also just to add - she mentions how she had to take the day off on Friday because she had worked herself to the bone and just had to stop before she broke down or whatever....if you're so stressed and overworked you wouldn't be out at the pub having drinks with your friends literally every day that week?! If she was so burnt out she would have taken time to unwind/rest quietly each evening to refuel before the next day

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 70

freshgossip5

VIP Member
Long... longgg time lurker but couldn't go past the state of her grass in the background of the photo she posted of her dogs haircut with the poll. She has more time on then most people and money and she still can't maintain her garden??? was honestly shocked to see it that long. Poor dog
One of my favourite things about this whole website is seeing what tips people over the edge and makes them finally comment on a thread. The fact you broke your silence to comment on her uncut grass😭😂 that’s really funny

• Haha
Reactions: 70

chilltea

nXjZbM6HRZq3uJEhvpdTCA_thumb_348b.jpg

This made me laugh so much, she's going on about how picky she is and how she has such an attention to detail and she's literally included 'always use lowercase' twice in the list hahahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 69