Grace Beverley #15 Rags to riches, shows off her stitches, bestseller on amazon witches

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She constantly tries to have it both ways. On one hand saying how hard she’s having to work and how she’s totally burnt out trying to run her two businesses, while also spending every evening at the pub doing shots with her friends.

Reactions: 34
Comments are on for the live with Katie Piper, also grace said that she's in the Sunday Times bestseller top 10 again this week but she didn't say which position

• Haha
Reactions: 4
anyone else think the secret project might be something to do with youtube.... makes sense to make her searches as filtered as possible?

Reactions: 3
Popped into the live and Katie asked Grace what her background is, and Grace just said "I'm a London girl and I lived in Wiltshire for 5 years, then I worked at IBM for a year before university". That's it. It's laughable that people claim she is upfront about her privilege - she was directly asked a question which lends itself to talking about your privileged upbringing and she completely dodged it. She also weirdly didn't mention her YouTube channel at all, even though she wouldn't be where she is now without it.

Most people when asked that question would have a lot to say, so the fact she only responded with a sentence kinda shows she wants to shut down that topic as quickly as possible. I feel like someone who comes from a disadvantaged working class background would definitely respond to that question by talking about the difficulties they had growing up. Equally, privileged people should talk about the advantages they had growing up to put their success in context.

Reactions: 61
The live was so dull, I watched some of it and it was just grace droning on saying the same tit she always does. Plus she was literally using mcdonalds wifi I swear, it was cutting out and lagging every 2 seconds.
It seemed like Katie barely knew who she even was, she looked bored shitless most of the time and she called Tala ‘Talia’ and called the book ‘working hardly, hardly working’ 🤣🤣
Also, podcast was pretty much confirmed, I’m sure that’ll be absolutely riveting.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Popped into the live and Katie asked Grace what her background is, and Grace just said "I'm a London girl and I lived in Wiltshire for 5 years, then I worked at IBM for a year before university". That's it. It's laughable that people claim she is upfront about her privilege - she was directly asked a question which lends itself to talking about your privileged upbringing and she completely dodged it. She also weirdly didn't mention her YouTube channel at all, even though she wouldn't be where she is now without it.

Most people when asked that question would have a lot to say, so the fact she only responded with a sentence kinda shows she wants to shut down that topic as quickly as possible. I feel like someone who comes from a disadvantaged working class background would definitely respond to that question by talking about the difficulties they had growing up. Equally, privileged people should talk about the advantages they had growing up to put their success in context.
The working for IBM part is damning because it shows how hard she’s trying to cover up the YouTube origin story. She was doing both at the same time but would only mention IBM because that seems more credible for a businesswoman. But if she said YouTube they’d think, ‘oh yh influencer merch, (cough cough the truth).’

Reactions: 36
Balls to the wall at work but still time for an hour and a half workout and a pub trip.. hmm..

My version of “balls to the wall” is logging on at 8am, having a 30 min lunch and finishing at 9pm (every day for a month) but ok hun.

Maybe it’s because I’m not time blocking effectively 🤣

B9C1FFBF-5434-4781-917E-D0EF3788D7DF.png

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Everything she does is starting to infuriate me. Going to take a step back from this thread lol
i felt the exact same way. i blocked her on instagram so I’d stop hate watching because she made me so angry lol, it’s helped so far. I check in here just to see if anything major occurred when I’m bored. highly recommend taking a step back!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
It's bizarre how this wall of text reads like a lecture to her followers about why they should understand the "reality" of working and that they shouldn't believe everything they see online, when she is the one who is solely responsible for cultivating this online image of herself as a productivity queen - to the point where she wrote an entire book about it! I'd be a bit put out if I read a book about someone claiming to have unlocked the key to achieving work life balance only to see something like this which proves she clearly is not as healthily productive as she makes out.

And I can't tell you how little I care about millionaire CEOs and how stressed they are. "high stake commitments" - get real.
she rescheduled her day to start early so she wouldn’t have to go to the gym during rush hour when she literally has a gym at home? Are we supposed to feel sorry for her??

• Haha
Reactions: 56
It's genuinely bleeping infuriating how this trashy-ass liar gets to more-or-less will things into and out of existence. Successful (if in reality utterly tit) book? Sure! Used to have a YouTube channel which led to social-media fandom? Nah, might send the wrong (i.e. "right", but inconvenient) message... better wipe that away!

Reactions: 23
The book is down to #34 in Amazon. I wouldn't really call if a success as a book; it's just merch for a social media influencer that has next to no merit to sell on its own without swipe ups. It won't get a second run and by next month will barely sell any. I do wonder how many were printed as the sales are low for someone with so many followers.

Lots of the 5 star reviews look like fans that haven't even read it 😆

This is the most accurate review I've seen:
Screenshot_20210428-075754_Chrome.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 71
What I'm suprised about is how she's now making a podcast and she's just put out a book. I thought the last year when she quit youtube and became more private on social media that she was planning to quit social media all together and just work on her buisness backstage. But now it seems as though she's trying to do a rebrand and become a buisness/productivity influencer of some sorts. Or maybe she realized that there was no way for her to retire from the public and keep her companies going?

Reactions: 26
What I'm suprised about is how she's now making a podcast and she's just put out a book. I thought the last year when she quit youtube and became more private on social media that she was planning to quit social media all together and just work on her buisness backstage. But now it seems as though she's trying to do a rebrand and become a buisness/productivity influencer of some sorts. Or maybe she realized that there was no way for her to retire from the public and keep her companies going?
What she says and what she does are always at odds with each other. She wants privacy and less social media in her life, but she doesn't go a single day without uploading something about her life? She wants to focus on the businesses, yet she gets into arguments with customers in comment sections.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Grace- take a step back. Log off of instagram. And just chill for a bit. You've made enough money to not need to be on stories promoting how "game changing" your leggings are. If you want to be seen as a big CEO, you need to step back and act like it, rather than acting like an influencer.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I walked into admin today in work and they were talking about influencers. They asked me if I knew any and I said I didn’t like Grace. Some of them didn’t know who she was but the ones who did said this about her:
- “Isn’t she the Tory trust fund girl who pretends to be poor?”
- “Oh yeah she’s that annoying trust fund girl with the big nose” 😭
- “I dislike her so much. Grace ‘I’m a feminist, but I support Dubai and exploit female Chinese workers’ Beverley” 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I think she is just trying ot move away from her company effectively being merch like millions of other influencers, I don't know how well the podcast will do tbh the market is becoming saturated imo unlesss you are doing something really different anyway. She also dpesn't strike me as the kind of person who would let the guest talk too much I imagine she will just dominate the conversation all the time

What she says and what she does are always at odds with each other. She wants privacy and less social media in her life, but she doesn't go a single day without uploading something about her life? She wants to focus on the businesses, yet she gets into arguments with customers in comment sections.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Grace- take a step back. Log off of instagram. And just chill for a bit. You've made enough money to not need to be on stories promoting how "game changing" your leggings are. If you want to be seen as a big CEO, you need to step back and act like it, rather than acting like an influencer.
and she posts loads of personal stuff on her insta anyway, it is not just like it is promoting her "business"

Reactions: 16
Really confused as to why tala have felt the need to promote their (unhygienic, ineffective) face coverings as unisex?? They’re literally pieces of fabric to cover your face with, why WOULDN’T they be unisex??

Besides, isn’t it for the consumer to decide whether or not something is for them and their gender identity? Thank God Tala told me their face coverings are unisex, otherwise I would have gone around thinking they were just for women!!

I guess this just rubs me the wrong way because when Tala first launched, Grace made a big song and dance about how they were going to make unisex/men ranges and they just haven’t, but I guess they technically have if their FACE COVERINGS are specifically labelled as unisex. It just comes across as so so lazy.

Attachments

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.