Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fwooper

VIP Member
It's such a pet peeve of mine when influencers accept sponsorships for Windows laptops when we know that they are 100% Apple users. Who are they trying to kid?! Pretty bold of her to claim that she uses this Dell laptop when she's on the go when she only ever posts herself using her Macbook. It's one thing promoting a product you don't use, but another to lie about it to your followers.

Loads of studytubers were sent a Microsoft Surface last year and did adverts about how much they love it, only for it to never be seen again and they're back using their Macbook. And these will be the same influencers who will swear down to the ground that they'd only ever promote something to their followers if they use it and love it 🙄

Attachments

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 62

Rubysue123

Chatty Member
I find it weird how he always has a tala headband stuck to his head as though it’s part of the tenancy agreement

• Haha
Reactions: 62

fwooper

VIP Member
To add to the many reasons why she deleted her channel - she used to get into arguments with people in her comment section about her privilege and probably wanted those receipts erased forever now that she is pretending to be ~enlightened~ about her privilege. My favourite is when someone pointed out that her mum is a wealthy museum curator and Grace responded with something like "google the salary of V&A curators and come back to me", as if to convince everyone her mum gets by on a modest ~£30k a year. But she didn't realise she was proving the entire point - the only reason her mum can be on that salary while owning a multimillion £ mansion in London is thanks to the millions she has inherited from familial wealth.

• Heart
Reactions: 61

fwooper

VIP Member
Popped into the live and Katie asked Grace what her background is, and Grace just said "I'm a London girl and I lived in Wiltshire for 5 years, then I worked at IBM for a year before university". That's it. It's laughable that people claim she is upfront about her privilege - she was directly asked a question which lends itself to talking about your privileged upbringing and she completely dodged it. She also weirdly didn't mention her YouTube channel at all, even though she wouldn't be where she is now without it.

Most people when asked that question would have a lot to say, so the fact she only responded with a sentence kinda shows she wants to shut down that topic as quickly as possible. I feel like someone who comes from a disadvantaged working class background would definitely respond to that question by talking about the difficulties they had growing up. Equally, privileged people should talk about the advantages they had growing up to put their success in context.

llaaaalala

Thing is, she posts the mirror selfie’s in prada KNOWING she will get dms like this (and rightfully so cause she’s going against everything she preaches). She defo had her response planned out before she even received the dms. Maybe just don’t post it in the first place grace? we are in a pandemic where people are losing their jobs all over so it’s not really the time to be bragging about your prada purchases anyway?

• Heart

Mamacita

VIP Member
Thank you for these pdfs, I'm going to have a better look later but had a quick look at the productivity tips and my couple thoughts:

- the quadrant thing with dividing your tasks into important urgent etc is the most basic tool ever, absolutely revolutionary from grace
- her example of time blocking showing "most people's schedules" vs time blocking - does she realise people in normal jobs can't just decide they're only going to have meetings at a certain time? BRB telling my boss I'm only taking calls between 2-4pm

• Haha
Her showing that persons DM questioning her shopping sustainable. LOOOL her response!!
“I find it so hard to find men getting these DMs” errrr yes they would if they preached about the importance of sustainability.

Also, yes you haven’t shopped in store since July last year like many others! This would have held some weight if we wasn’t in a pandemic!

• Haha
Reactions: 60

Jkay

Chatty Member
Maybe she was taken on holiday but knew nothing about it and left after 5 mins. A bit like that house party she went to in Dubai :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 60

llaaaalala

It pisses me off the way she acts like she never gives herself credit/never hypes herself up...eg ‘just like to take this moment to say that i’m also really really proud of myself😂’ you literally say something along those lines everyday !!!! what do you mean ‘take this moment’ like you don’t take every moment to do that already

• Haha
Reactions: 59

FDR97

Chatty Member
Fuck off Grace and have a day off. Don’t want those comments? Don’t upload your entire shopping journey, shouldn’t be hard since you apparently ‘hate using’ Instagram should it?

• Heart

greenvelvet

VIP Member
Her YouTube has been the source of her getting caught out before, so for instance:
  1. She used to recommend heavy lifting for muscle growth all the time on YouTube. She can't play dumb about the importance of using heavy weights if these videos are available
  2. She used to complain about how small influencers were treated by big companies (this is what made her look especially bad after exploiting her content creators)
  3. She posted a weird Instagram story talking about how she'd never had a printer before, but in one of her uni room decoration vlogs she literally points at a printer in her room
  4. (edited add-on) You could see how long-lived her partnership with Bulk Powders was on her channel & her Twitter (which she also deleted). But then she posted a video talking about how crap non-Shreddy vegan protein powders were, basically exposing herself
I get that she might have wanted to delete it for other reasons too, but these are some classic examples of how she's been caught out before

Last edited:
  • Heart
Still can't get over the irony of her calling out announcement culture, then announcing her position in the Amazon charts 20 times and now doing an insta count down to announce being on a best sellers list 🙄

• Haha

fwooper

VIP Member
The reason she gets DMs like this is because one day she'll be preaching to her followers saying to shop small/local/sustainable, yet at the same she wants to be able to flaunt her materialism à la Molly Mae Hague. I don't think it's sexist to point out the hypocrisy of claiming to be a champion of sustainability when she is probably in the top 1% in terms of her consumption rates. She gets to benefit and profit off the label of being 'sustainable', meanwhile she is clearly buying new clothes every single week - wow I wonder why people are pissed off?!

Also, "I'm so gassed to see you live your boujie life as you should" - this girl has always lived the boujie life, she has been dripping in designer products since she was a teenager. It's depressing that people think riches to riches should be the kind of "success" we should be celebrating.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Heart

okaythenlol

I find it soooo creepy how she watches her housemates on cctv. Like she can’t even say that the camera is there for security reasons cause it’s barely even facing the door. If you’re so precious about people being in your house then you really shouldn’t have other people living there in the first place…

20A80A5A-486E-4C6C-84BD-373AB42D05F9.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
Lmao I just got blocked for replying to the screenshot of that chat saying the top was awful in fairness. Funny thing is I’ve wrote to grace probably a handful of times over the years asking valid questions about clothes or workouts and she never once replied lol. Just goes to show that she does actually see all the messages but obvs shes too superior to reply.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 57

urmelfa

Lol the comments on this are great! People are really acknowledging issues with tala and grace

Context for anyone who doesn't want to watch the TikTok video: TikTok done by @nergiz.debaere, a sustainability blogger and owner of a hemp underwear business. Someone asked her for her opinion on wearetala - Nergiz commented that the "sustainable activewear" actually just releases microplastics when washed, she also commented on the bad reviews regarding clothes ripping, she then goes on to say "sustainable means it should be made to last, if your clothes are ripping after a few wears that's not sustainable" and that their multiple 'drops' doesn't make her brand slow fashion. She ends the video with "it shouldn't be called a sustainable business just yet".

The comments are brilliant, with Nergiz liking multiple of them. Such as:
1. "The fact she now sells through Asos too?! doesn't sit right with me" Nergiz replied to this comment "I know! It seems like she used the term sustainability to get more people on board but didn’t follow through with that promise".
2. "They lost me when they put out loads of stuff about not doing sales for good reasons... then a year passes and they’re sale mad😥 definitely a u-turn" Nergis responded "Yess the transparency isn't really there!"
3. "I started off loving tala, but two of my leggings ripped and I bought some skirts and after one wear they pulled and looked so old and bad!"

There were also comments defending grace which Nergiz responded:
1. "She did actually address the micro plastics previously but the point of the brand is that they use plastics that are already out there. I’d rather 1/2" Nergiz responded with "True but micro plastics are impossible to remove from the ocean! So it’s essentially removing big plastics and replacing w little ones"
2. "but they don't have loads of product drops, especially compared to PLT, Zara etc. they're v much slow fashion by today's standards" Nergiz responded "True! But 12 collections in 18 months is a loooot"

Here are a few comments I laughed at too:
1. There are loads of issues with Tala beyond just sustainability now too. Extremely Unethical brand with an extremely unethical “boss babe”at its head.
2.Grace Beverly is a total hypocrite, she has done this before. Criticised people for one thing and then months later done the exact same, all for money
3. She also promotes body positivity yet made 0 changes to her sizing when girls were clearly telling her that it ran ridiculously small
4. Her brand is greenwashing, it’s a whole marketing ploy because ‘slow’ and ‘sustainable’ is trending at the moment.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 56