Formula 1 Wags #60

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
you are silent all day , and now we stopped at mcdonald's for ice cream and there is so much to read 😂 ahhhh

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I also wouldn’t be surprised if we go to another circuit and suddenly it’s an entirely different team at the top. Things are still so unpredictable, at this point I wouldn’t rule out a Bottas win to be honest.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
And this was the point of new rules mixed the field and give chance smaller teams and see some unpredictable endings
I don’t think anyone expected it to change the pecking order this much. I expected some closer racing and that has been exciting to watch but Haas being third in constructors is some parallel universe 😂

Me too. Jeddah is more like Monza and will open us up to see which team is fastest on the straights. Bottas winning would be amazing plus hilarious.

duck you
The Red Bull had some crazy straight line speed but we all know how Max‘s 2021 quali lap ended 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I want nothing but the best for them. It's just super sad to see because there is a lot of potential in Lando obviously cause he is still super young, but has a lot more experience now. Love DR but I feel like he's probably gonna be done after this season. He's getting older, getting fewer or no wins and podiums, clearly being outscored and outperformed by Lando (not regarding Bahrain). I think if McLaren gets their car together, I think Lando could be a world champion in the next couple of years. Would have it been easier with the turbo-hybrid era? Yes. But these new cars clearly haven't been the nicest to McLaren, which makes it harder for us to believe that Lando will get his first win. I really do hope it happens.

While on the topic of first wins, as much as I love Lando to death, I am pretty certain that Carlos will get his first win this year. A lot of people say "Lando needs his first win" but look at Carlos. He has kind of the same amount of experience as Daniel but has a lot more potential, especially after that 1-2. He's been done super dirty these past few years with being close to race wins. Way more than Lando imo.

Just hope things get better for my papayas in Jeddah and @imola or even @monza too 😘😘🧡🧡
carlos definitely needs his first win
but will ferrari allow it if its over Charles?

I totally agree about Lando, but Daniel is still only 32, let’s not forget that Fernando as the oldest driver on the grid is a good 10 years older. Plus Daniel still has a contract for next year so no matter how things go, he at least has another year. He was on par with Lando in the 2nd half of the season and if the car stays crappy, they really can’t be measured against each other, there’s no real reference. I think McLaren and Daniel love each other way too much and believe in each other too much to part ways. I don’t think a lot of people will agree with me but if McLaren give Daniel a better car, he’s going to do amazing things. That overtake on Latifi didn’t mean a lot last time around but it was much braver than anything he did in 2021 so it’s obvious he’s got more confidence on this car and can pull better moves.

About Carlos, I think he’s been overhyped these last few months. Sure, he’s an amazing driver. But this is his 8th season and he’s never even been really close to a win. And people are quick to say that he’s never been in a race winning car but Sebastian got his first win in a Toro Rosso, Esteban won in a Renault, that McLaren in 2020 could’ve won races as well - granted it would need a crazy race but it could’ve been possible. And Carlos has had a lot of luck, even on Sunday when he got elevated from P3 to P2 without doing anything. Or during the entirety of 2021 when all his podiums were just because he got lucky, there’s a reason that man wasn’t able to actually stand on the podium twice 😂 I don’t have anything against Carlos I promise but I think it you put Daniel and Carlos in the same car, Daniel would be better.

• Heart
Christian was so wrong when he said girls only like Formula 1 for the good looking drivers, we like it because of the ✨Drama✨

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I totally agree about Lando, but Daniel is still only 32, let’s not forget that Fernando as the oldest driver on the grid is a good 10 years older. Plus Daniel still has a contract for next year so no matter how things go, he at least has another year. He was on par with Lando in the 2nd half of the season and if the car stays crappy, they really can’t be measured against each other, there’s no real reference. I think McLaren and Daniel love each other way too much and believe in each other too much to part ways. I don’t think a lot of people will agree with me but if McLaren give Daniel a better car, he’s going to do amazing things. That overtake on Latifi didn’t mean a lot last time around but it was much braver than anything he did in 2021 so it’s obvious he’s got more confidence on this car and can pull better moves.

About Carlos, I think he’s been overhyped these last few months. Sure, he’s an amazing driver. But this is his 8th season and he’s never even been really close to a win. And people are quick to say that he’s never been in a race winning car but Sebastian got his first win in a Toro Rosso, Esteban won in a Renault, that McLaren in 2020 could’ve won races as well - granted it would need a crazy race but it could’ve been possible. And Carlos has had a lot of luck, even on Sunday when he got elevated from P3 to P2 without doing anything. Or during the entirety of 2021 when all his podiums were just because he got lucky, there’s a reason that man wasn’t able to actually stand on the podium twice 😂 I don’t have anything against Carlos I promise but I think it you put Daniel and Carlos in the same car, Daniel would be better.
I don't really agree with you on that. I think the 2nd part of last season Daniel profited from Lando's mistakes and bad luck to create an illusion that they were at the same level. He finish higher at Spa and Sochi because of Lando's mistakes. In Turkey he was nowhere (sorry). And i'm still a little mad at him for his mistake in Mexico, his job was to score as much points as possible considering Lando was at the back of the grid and he didn't. But i'm not saying Daniel is a bad driver, it would be stupid to think that, and that he doesn't deserve a seat. i'm just saying that he struggled a lort last year and that his season was meh despite his win in Monza. I have to say that i had more expectations from him when he signed with McLaren but this is just my opinion.
And yes Carlos is maybe overhyped a little too much and had been lucky but i think he has a quality that Daniel hasn't: he can adapt to a car better or is able to perform with a car even if it is not 100% made for his driving style. So i hope he will be able to have this win this season.

But this is great to have différent opinions and be able to talk about it without insulting each other like on some others places 😊

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I don't really agree with you on that. I think the 2nd part of last season Daniel profited from Lando's mistakes and bad luck to create an illusion that they were at the same level. He finish higher at Spa and Sochi because of Lando's mistakes. In Turkey he was nowhere (sorry). And i'm still a little mad at him for his mistake in Mexico, his job was to score as much points as possible considering Lando was at the back of the grid and he didn't. But i'm not saying Daniel is a bad driver, it would be stupid to think that, and that he doesn't deserve a seat. i'm just saying that he struggled a lort last year and that his season was meh despite his win in Monza. I have to say that i had more expectations from him when he signed with McLaren but this is just my opinion.
And yes Carlos is maybe overhyped a little too much and had been lucky but i think he has a quality that Daniel hasn't: he can adapt to a car better or is able to perform with a car even if it is not 100% made for his driving style. So i hope he will be able to have this win this season.
No Daniel’s season was definitely not good overall and yes, Carlos can adapt to cars quicker though this 2022 car seems to give him a bit of a headache as well. I think Daniel has such a distinctive driving style with being such a late braker that he needs a lot of confidence in the car. And the McLaren is still heavily influenced by what Fernando wanted, Lando grew up in that car so he doesn’t mind but for Daniel it was difficult to adapt to that. Now it’s a clean slate for everyone, it’s just not a good reference for McLaren at the moment.

Meanwhile, the Merc admin is quickly becoming my fave

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm not sure it won't let me type g i m p here??
That happened when i tried to write gif when I may or may not have been talking about Pear having a gif mask.

G-I-M-P

It's weird, you can swear like a sailor but can't write gif

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yes DR has contract until 2023 but there is a clause about performance so in theory if they make car better and Lando will perform much better they could rid of Daniel. But that's just theory
Just saying and wish that DR will have better season or at least they will be in similar performance like LN and the blame is on the car
I think there’s almost no chance they drop him for performance when they’ve delivered a terrible car and he is also so popular which does matter to them esp if they won’t be contending for best of the rest in WCC

I don’t think anyone expected it to change the pecking order this much. I expected some closer racing and that has been exciting to watch but Haas being third in constructors is some parallel universe 😂

The Red Bull had some crazy straight line speed but we all know how Max‘s 2021 quali lap ended 😅
Well what I watch some exracers and f1 commentators they said exactly this big unexpected things, big mix 🤷‍♀️

That happened when i tried to write gif when I may or may not have been talking about Pear having a gif mask.

G-I-M-P

It's weird, you can swear like a sailor but can't write gif
I thought Tattle was just trying to sensor me

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I think there’s almost no chance they drop him for performance when they’ve delivered a terrible car and he is also so popular which does matter to them esp if they won’t be contending for best of the rest in WCC
I said if Lando will perform much better in the same car and yeah there is fight for everyplace (of cource we are just 1 of 22/23). It's huge difference what money you get for 4th place in constructor and what for 5th
There is so many things and variables

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.