Formula 1 Wags #60

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
BBC coverage going through the positions at checkered flag: “10th for Yuki Tsunoda who has just broken down. On the track.” 😂 Poor Yuki 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I hope people don’t start slandering Daniel. He didn’t get many short runs because of his floor being damaged, he did mainly long runs. If he did more Quali sims I’m sure he would be closer to Lando.

Reactions: 5
Well, if they could just repeat this result for the race I would absolutely take it with Lando that high 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This! 100%
Let me tell you, I was born here and identify more with Germany than Turkey and yet, only because I don’t have fair skin and light hair or eyes, I’ve been called a refuge and was beaten. It exists everywhere.
I'm so sorry you had to go through this Imola. As a POC and child of immigrants living in a predominantly white country I have also faced this sometimes blatant, sometimes subtle/systematic racism, including the exact scenario you mentioned with "Wow, your English is so good" (which btw good for you for being sassy back to them. I never have the confidence to do that but it's what they deserve for sure). It's definitely disheartening when you call a place your home, especially when its the only one you have ever known, but you are still made to feel like an 'other' there.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm so sorry you had to go through this Imola. As a POC and child of immigrants living in a predominantly white country I have also faced this sometimes blatant, sometimes subtle/systematic racism, including the exact scenario you mentioned with "Wow, your English is so good" (which btw good for you for being sassy back to them. I never have the confidence to do that but it's what they deserve for sure). It's definitely disheartening when you call a place your home, especially when its the only one you have ever known, but you are still made to feel like an 'other' there.
Exactly! It’s such an odd feeling of not belonging to what you think your home is. ❤

• Heart
lando just did a 1:35.9 on high fuel with used softs. in 2021 he started the race on softs as well and did 1:35.8
not too bad.
They're looking much better right now. Of course I can't predict too much for the race but Lando should be happy with those times. Compared to how the car performed all of last week💀

Reactions: 5
They're looking much better right now. Of course I can't predict too much for the race but Lando should be happy with those times. Compared to how the car performed all of last week💀
there definitely is more performance in that car than last week but that's not really a reference 😂 but don't want to get ahead of myself, tit could still hit the fan because that's mclaren

Reactions: 4
there definitely is more performance in that car than last week but that's not really a reference 😂 but don't want to get ahead of myself, tit could still hit the fan because that's mclaren
Im still preparing myself for bottom 5, that way I should only be able to get happier this weekend and not more depressed🤣

• Haha
Im still preparing myself for bottom 5, that way I should only be able to get happier this weekend and not more depressed🤣
Yup same, in my head they’re both gonna get eliminated in Q3 and stay there during the race 🥴🥴 hopes low, no one can hurt me down here

Reactions: 1
I hope people don’t start slandering Daniel. He didn’t get many short runs because of his floor being damaged, he did mainly long runs. If he did more Quali sims I’m sure he would be closer to Lando.
i was following on the app and Daniel was going to do a quali sim lap just before the yellow flag and after decided to do a high fuel long runs again

i was following on the app and Daniel was going to do a quali sim lap just before the yellow flag and after decided to do a high fuel long runs again
Yep, i was watching the timing screen and he was greens and purples in all the little mini sectors before it went yellow

To be fair though the UK has managed also to produce a racist Home Secretary who is also a woman of colour and daughter of immigrants. Plus a quick search of UK stories about Ukrainian refugees only them described far different ways yo other refugees
View attachment 1150307
Agree with you about the home Secretary... I am concerned that we are correlating racism with skin colour only... I lecture and have students from many different countries and those who come from Eastern Europe also receive racist abuse, even if less than those with different skin colour.

Exactly! It’s such an odd feeling of not belonging to what you think your home is. ❤
Sorry you have to go through this...x

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.