Formula 1 Wags #60

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
see, they seem to be going ahead. probably was just a briefing.

Reactions: 2
Meeting finished. Practice session delayed by 15 mins.

But they are all suited up.

• Sad
All the news outlets in the Uk are saying “a fire has broke out” nothing about a missile

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
All the news outlets in the Uk are saying “a fire has broke out” nothing about a missal
Because it’s not confirmed I think. For all we know, officially, it could be an explosion or a fire.
*which it likely isn't
**but if they call it an attack straight away the islamophobia is going to skyrocket even more

Binotto said to French journalist that all the drivers and team principals will have a GPDA meeting tonight to talk about it. Don't really know what they will do 🤷‍♀️

Not Jacques Villeneuve saying that the only thing to do now is to just going on 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️. Fortunately Julien Febreau just told him off.

Yeah if you see rocket heading your way it's bad ffs
😂😂 i shouldn’t laugh 🤭
Off topic , Stevo posted insta profile from Saskia earlier , she is in Saudi rn. She have pic with Lewis, Lando and Daniel 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I read something that explains how certain areas of the media dehumanises people by the use of words like refugees and migrants. It stops the viewer relating to people on a human to human level so people are conditioned not to care about people who aren't white. Also seen in war propaganda in WW2.

This is a very clumsy explanation on my part.
Refugees can be white too.... however, certain parts of the media set up a hierarchy of deserving refugees and undeserving migrants, sadly.

• Sad
I really don’t think it’s fair for the drivers to pull them in right before practice, tell them of a missile attack and then be like ‘off you go and get in your cars now’ I would be freaking the duck out and I don’t think that’s a good state to be getting in a really fast car

Reactions: 9
Let’s be honest, they’re not going to do anything because it’s not a predominantly white country so the issue is basically non existent to them. So they don’t see any risk for anyone. Cash is king. If they cared they wouldn’t have gone there in the first place. Nor would they have extended their contract not too long ago for 4 more years.
I think it is oil that is thr issue here...

Refugees can be white too.... however, certain parts of the media set up a hierarchy of deserving refugees and undeserving migrants, sadly.
Difference being white refugees are being welcomed with open arms, just as we’ve seen recently, and POC are welcomed with abuse. Not only the media but also people of power spin this insane narrative of some people deserving help and others don’t, based on skin color and heritage.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I really don’t think it’s fair for the drivers to pull them in right before practice, tell them of a missile attack and then be like ‘off you go and get in your cars now’ I would be freaking the duck out and I don’t think that’s a good state to be getting in a really fast car
Well if the drivers have any connection to the real world they would’ve found out after FP1 during their break just like we did. If they didn’t find out themselves, their PR people would’ve told them to prepare them for interview questions after FP2.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.