Formula 1 Wags #60

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw someone say it on Twitter and it's true whether they race this weekend or not they should never be there.

I follow one of the McLaren engineers who is based in MTC and she and others working this weekend are donating their wages to LGBT and other charities.

"Sports-washing", media coverage and influencer trips are all making these nations palatable when they shouldn't be.

Reactions: 7
Bet sebs at home on the phone to George and the gdpa being being two main chairpeople involved it’s a lot to have on their shoulders when without the fia say so they have to do it

Reactions: 1
Refugees can be white too.... however, certain parts of the media set up a hierarchy of deserving refugees and undeserving migrants, sadly.
But the white refugees aren't really called refugees, they are people fleeing from war. Racism permeates every aspect of language and descriptions, we all know what's implied by the words.

Difference being white refugees are being welcomed with open arms, just as we’ve seen recently, and POC are welcomed with abuse. Not only the media but also people of power spin this insane narrative of some people deserving help and others don’t, based on skin color and heritage.
Think you said what I wanted to more eloquently

• Heart
Reactions: 7
But the white refugees aren't really called refugees, they are people fleeing from war. Racism permeates every aspect of language and descriptions, we all know what's implied by the words.
This! 100%
Let me tell you, I was born here and identify more with Germany than Turkey and yet, only because I don’t have fair skin and light hair or eyes, I’ve been called a refuge and was beaten. It exists everywhere.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Meeting at 10pm local time (ie Jeddah time) after session tonight so there might be a more definitive decision made then.

Reactions: 8
Meeting at 10pm local time (ie Jeddah time) after session tonight so there might be a more definitive decision made then.
The GPDA can’t cancel the race on their own. They’d have to refuse to race and stand together in that and to be honest, while I think some drivers would agree to that, there are also enough that wouldn’t want to do that.

Reactions: 5
This! 100%
Let me tell you, I was born here and identify more with Germany than Turkey and yet, only because I don’t have fair skin and light hair or eyes, I’ve been called a refuge and was beaten. It exists everywhere.
Who hurt you so I can hurt them? 🤬

• Heart
Well if the drivers have any connection to the real world they would’ve found out after FP1 during their break just like we did. If they didn’t find out themselves, their PR people would’ve told them to prepare them for interview questions after FP2.
Just going by what Ant said in commentary, that the drivers are in a complete bubble, they would have been in engineering with their heads in the data not watching the news

I imagine some will defo have had a look at their phones though

Reactions: 4
The GPDA can’t cancel the race on their own. They’d have to refuse to race and stand together in that and to be honest, while I think some drivers would agree to that, there are also enough that wouldn’t want to do that.
Watch who doesn't refuse to race and pay attention to how little care thry have for others

Reactions: 3
Who hurt you so I can hurt them? 🤬
You’re too sweet ❤ it was a long time ago and I’m over it but unfortunately, it’s a daily thing in smaller ways, like old ladies telling me “Wow your German is so good!” and I just want to answer “Thanks, your manners aren’t!”

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just going by what Ant said in commentary, that the drivers are in a complete bubble, they would have been in engineering with their heads in the data not watching the news

I imagine some will defo have had a look at their phones though
I mean they often (re-)post stuff in between sessions so I think they definitely could have seen it

You’re too sweet ❤ it was a long time ago and I’m over it but unfortunately, it’s a daily thing in smaller ways, like old ladies telling me “Wow your German is so good!” and I just want to answer “Thanks, your manners aren’t!”
You're a doll and that's crappy

• Heart
Difference being white refugees are being welcomed with open arms, just as we’ve seen recently, and POC are welcomed with abuse. Not only the media but also people of power spin this insane narrative of some people deserving help and others don’t, based on skin color and heritage.
Exactly! However, all i'm hearing on this thread is "poor drivers" and nothing about the Yemenis or even those Saudi citizens who may have been hurt in the attack...

Reactions: 2
I know that but the bleeping unfairness of that having to be how you have to be 😔 it gives me rage
It is infuriating but I fear that it won’t change during my lifetime at least, perhaps the next generation or those after that 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Think you said what I wanted to more eloquently
Those coming from the Ukraine are called refugees in the UK because that is what they are...

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.