Formula 1 Wags #54

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yeah just wish DTS could have like given production like 2 more weeks before premiering and they coulda totally deleted all the mazepin stuff... especially the dad
I'm glad they kept the Mazepin stuff so the rest of the world see, what they are. Otherwise they would argue that those were false allegations, and that poor Nikita was kick off and so on ...
It's annoying but important ( but thats my POV)

Reactions: 8
I'm glad they kept the Mazepin stuff so the rest of the world see, what they are. Otherwise they would argue that those were false allegations, and that poor Nikita was kick off and so on ...
Same here, I didn't really care about Haas last season and seeing him act like this and seeing his father basically threaten the team, jaw on the floor. Yuki got so much slack because of his radio comments but I haven't really heard much about Mazepin's radio.

Btw, I don't know if you've discussed it, I'm not reading 20 pages to find out💀💀 but I'm quite sad that Kimi and his retirement got no screen time after so many seasons in F1, not that he cares, but Netflix made team principals' children more visible than a walking F1 legend.

Reactions: 11
I think DTS wants us to understand more context about Nikita and therefore i think thats why they're showing us this. Sad how he got kicked off Haas, but if it was for a different reason why he left Haas, Tbh I wouldn't be disappointed. Just the way he left was controversial

Same here, I didn't really care about Haas last season and seeing him act like this and seeing his father basically threaten the team, jaw on the floor. Yuki got so much slack because of his radio comments but I haven't really heard much about Mazepin's radio.
who remembers this?

Reactions: 1

Btw, I don't know if you've discussed it, I'm not reading 20 pages to find out💀💀 but I'm quite sad that Kimi and his retirement got no screen time after so many seasons in F1, not that he cares, but Netflix made team principals' children more visible than a walking F1 legend.
No, it wasn't mentioned. Actually can't believe they didn't mention Kimi retirement 😳

Reactions: 6
I'll wear this to the afterparty
View attachment 1118999
Well this is mine, since its going to be dark, someone needs to take one for ths team and try to hear La Squids gossips ( better: try to find what shape that relationshio is)
Screenshot_20220311-233328_Google.jpg

No, it wasn't mentioned. Actually can't believe they didn't mention Kimi retirement 😳
I was also thinking about that one but tought that unbothered king didnt really care so i didnt questioned it further

• Haha
First episodes they are making Lando look like a biggest spoiled brat and Daniel as depressed one
It’s funny how we all see it differently. My read on the whole Daniel Lando episode especially ep2 is it just highlights how much the mental health plays into the sport.

Daniel is desperate to impress and can’t understand why he’s not gelling with the car.
Lando is desperate not to be out performed by a new teammate - I think it’s easy to forgot that actually at that point he didn’t have a contract for next year (of course he’s had 2 since 🤣). He didn’t want to end up on the F1 scrap heap like stoffel. Imagine Daniel came in and did what Alonso did to stoffel? so I can see why he was paranoid. And the constant media narrative was Daniels coming in to be no1 and will beat Lando.

You could see that with how stressed out he was that Daniel outqualified him. Charlotte saying to his manager he’s saying 1 nil down already in reference to him being beat by Daniel in quali. He was being awfully hard on himself and self critical which to some meant he was being spoiled or bratty or whatever.

We all see it different though - that’s just my take. I thought it was just really interesting in showing how both they badly wanted to be on top. Your first competition is your team mate and they both know that.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It’s funny how we all see it differently. My read on the whole Daniel Lando episode especially ep2 is it just highlights how much the mental health plays into the sport.

Daniel is desperate to impress and can’t understand why he’s not gelling with the car.
Lando is desperate not to be out performed by a new teammate - I think it’s easy to forgot that actually at that point he didn’t have a contract for next year (of course he’s had 2 since 🤣). He didn’t want to end up on the F1 scrap heap like stoffel. Imagine Daniel came in and did what Alonso did to stoffel? so I can see why he was paranoid. And the constant media narrative was Daniels coming in to be no1 and will beat Lando.

You could see that with how stressed out he was that Daniel outqualified him. Charlotte saying to his manager he’s saying 1 nil down already in reference to him being beat by Daniel in quali. He was being awfully hard on himself and self critical which to some meant he was being spoiled or bratty or whatever.

We all see it different though - that’s just my take. I thought it was just really interesting in showing how both they badly wanted to be on top. Your first competition is your team mate and they both know that.
I definitely see the mental health aspect, at least individually. What bothers me is how they chose to create a rivalry that exists to a degree because you always want to beat your teammate but their “rivalry” is no more than any other pairings on the grid. They could’ve chosen to show the moments where Lando and the team helped Daniel rather than having Zak say “it’s on Daniel to show his pace” because that’s also part of mental health and being a team. And we know those moments exist because they’ve all mentioned them repeatedly. The McLaren situation has been polarizing since the beginning because Daniel and Lando were met with ridiculous expectations to be this funny pairing so people already suspected something going on, this is just adding fuel to the fire when there’s obviously not even a real enemy situation as they made it out to be.

• Heart
With an episode and a half to go I gave up on DTS for the day. But I have watched todays Ted Notebook. The bit with Alex is the definition of chaos 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
OMG

Like I just finished all my work until monday morning. Signed off everything, turned laptop off, closed my notebook
View attachment 1118897

Came here and saw THIS HOODIE

Checked 5 times notebook-hoodie, notebook-hoodie... Is this what being burnt out looks like? Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? :ROFLMAO:
Oh my goodness, what a weird coincidence!?! I've had the fabric for a while - it came from a place that does it's own digital print runs, so I guess perhaps the original deisgn is available for folks to use in other settings too.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m watching episode 4 and the show is so highly edited. In this instance I love it, they have tense scary music playing has marzipan egg heads dad walks in to me Gunther

• Haha
Omg was that for real when toto was telling George he got the seat??? Like not a reenactment? Lol sorry if it’s so obvious and I’m dumb xx

• Haha
Well this is mine, since its going to be dark, someone needs to take one for ths team and try to hear La Squids gossips ( better: try to find what shape that relationshio is)
View attachment 1119052

I was also thinking about that one but tought that unbothered king didnt really care so i didnt questioned it further
You can use the train to wipe the tears from whoever is crying that day 🙄😁

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Excellent point
Gonna be a great episode 1 for season 5

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh my goodness, what a weird coincidence!?! I've had the fabric for a while - it came from a place that does it's own digital print runs, so I guess perhaps the original deisgn is available for folks to use in other settings too.
The hoodie looks so good, such a cool talent you have 🧡

Reactions: 5

It's okay. Kimi is fine with that and is living happily ever after with his millions, gorgeous happy family, and new principle position. Oh his karaoke bar doing well.. look like zhou may be the next I don't give an f of f1

So was watching testing at 2am us East coast time... then the end of cycling to break it up around 10am.... then proceeded to DTS the F out of my day
Yeah I was up late all night finishing today's work for it. 2 more DTS to go before repeating testing tomorrow early. But breaking for wine
In my brief moments of sleep had a Yuki and George sex dream, no idea why, but no complaints. Hoping I get some Carlos or le clerc action tonight

Yalll...but. Carlos saying golf with Lando may happen this weekend. Will lu be there? Will her and carlos be besties? Omg max is gonna be sooooo jealous, but git his first wag claim on netflix

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.