Footballers and Wags #44

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
shame for them that mcatee and doyle can’t play - would be amazing experience for them especially since they’ve helped get them this far.

also hope we absolutely smash them because i want the treble dream alive and well to give the lads the push they need to really play their hearts out across all comps we’re still in.

anything could happen though because i think we’ll see some rotation in the squad today because i think pep will have one eye on weds nights game and also the run of games we have on the table. i really hope we rest rodri and don’t pick up any injuries and walk away with a win.

brighton hammering that other team tomorrow would be the cherry on top of a good week being a blue
Obviously I would like Utd to win tomorrow but after Thursday night and the fact that it's Brighton, I'm not putting all hopes on that 😂😂

Sheffield Utd will hopefully be promoted to PL so be a nice practice for them to play city 😁

This weekend is full of football so I'm happy whatever happens

Reactions: 4
I was waiting on peak AFTV to return 🤣 fans getting annoyed like this cracks me up no matter who they support.

the way he goes “two thousand and FOUUR” at the end 😭🤣

I always find AFTV hilarious when they lose 😭
---
I know City will probably win today but a bit of me really wants Sheffield United to. They're the only non prem team left and I like to see the underdog succeed
I want Sheffield to win the whole thing but I don’t mind

Sheffield- good underdog story
Man City- Haaland is hot
Brighton- BF will be happy and I’ll get peace
Man Utd- McTominay is hot

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I want Sheffield to win the whole thing but I don’t mind

Sheffield- good underdog story
Man City- Haaland is hot
Brighton- BF will be happy and I’ll get peace
Man Utd- McTominay is hot
Would be a good story. Hope they stay where they are in championship and get promoted

Reactions: 3
Bottling top 4 last season and now bottling the title this season. I can't wait for the delicious effect it will have on their morale

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Bottling top 4 last season and now bottling the title this season. I can't wait for the delicious effect it will have on their morale
Well to be fair, bottling top 4 last year has resulted in a title challenge this year. So maybe next year for them.

Reactions: 6
Well to be fair, bottling top 4 last year has resulted in a title challenge this year. So maybe next year for them.
One bottle might motivate them but bottling repeatedly can't be good. I also think their squad lacks depth and given how they were the biggest spenders in the league for the few years until the Chelsea takeover it's not clear how much more investment Kroenke will give. They put all their eggs in the PL basket and sacrificed Europa and the domestic cups this season, but they can't do the same for UCL matches next season or they'll be a laughing stock. I wouldn't like to be playing two games a week with maybe only 13 or 14 first team worthy players.

Reactions: 1
And, if we’re being honest, no-one had Arsenal down as title challengers this season so to do what they have done and be where they are is a great result for them.
Having bought the Viking robot, City should have walked the league. Fair play to Arsenal for giving them this run for it.

Reactions: 15
One bottle might motivate them but bottling repeatedly can't be good. I also think their squad lacks depth and given how they were the biggest spenders in the league for the few years until the Chelsea takeover it's not clear how much more investment Kroenke will give. They put all their eggs in the PL basket and sacrificed Europa and the domestic cups this season, but they can't do the same for UCL matches next season or they'll be a laughing stock. I wouldn't like to be playing two games a week with maybe only 13 or 14 first team worthy players.
I've said a few times squad depth is where Arsenal are weakest. A good 11, but not much else. A lot of investment in the squad is still needed. The investment will come I'm sure. They need it just for CL anyway. And some of the work of Arteta/Edu has just been getting rid of the deadwood, moving on the likes of Aubameyang (sp) and the other big wage, big transfers, but actually cast offs from other teams has been necessary pain. Now focusing on signing proper quality, good squad players who want to play more from City, Odegaard, the younger developing players, Saka and Saliba etc. The whole project is going in the right direction, it just takes time. Which, surprisingly in football, Arsenal board is giving Arteta and Edu
And, if we’re being honest, no-one had Arsenal down as title challengers this season so to do what they have done and be where they are is a great result for them.
Having bought the Viking robot, City should have walked the league. Fair play to Arsenal for giving them this run for it.
Yes, top 4 was the Arsenal aim this season, not a title challenge. Yes, they've benefited from Chelsea/Liverpool collapses. But Man City should've ran away with the league, tremendous strength in depth and Haaland scoring like he's playing against a five-a-side team.

Reactions: 9
They’ll be in the Champions League next season though, they were booted out of Europa and other competitions early so have only been playing once a week most of the season which has probably helped. Next season will be an interesting one…

Reactions: 2
I see Lucy Bronze limped off with what looked like a knee injury for Barcelona, I just hope and pray that it isn't an ACL injury because if it is she is also going to miss the World Cup.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Dropped points at home for the first time this season 🥲 It genuinely puts a dampener on the rest of my day when we drop points, but oh well off to the pub to forget about it 😂 Enjoy the rest of your Saturday folks!

Reactions: 3
Why have the semi final at Wembley?? Like coat of travel/accommodation/petrol. It just looks bad when it's not full
---
Why have the semi final at Wembley?? Like coat of travel/accommodation/petrol. It just looks bad when it's not full

Reactions: 14
---
They should have it at a neutral ground like they used to.

Reactions: 13
exactly to me it also makes it not as special getting to Wembley if you can play it in the Semi
I think as Wembly cost so much they need to use it to recoup some money but charging stupid amounts ain't gonna get a ground full.

Reactions: 13
They should have it at a neutral ground like they used to.
defs should be a neutral ground especially when it’s two northern teams in the final (on the weekend of the london marathon no less).

no way i’d schlep all the way down there and spend all that money on train tickets. would rather save my money and go watch them play madrid 🤷🏻‍♀️ madrid away would probably cost less than train tickets and a hotel tbh

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.