Footballers and WAGs #43

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah both will drop points before the season ends, both will beat us for a start 🤣
---

Probably because most people don’t care if city wins, they win it every year so rooting for them is pointless as a neutral and a lot of people want someone new, hence the reason they get behind the other team challenging.
But it would be different if it were their team winning consistently 🙄 it's just frustrating because the whole game is about winning yet City get called blind for doing exactly that.

Reactions: 6
really random question but I wanna swerve football twitter tbh, is this normal for a player his age? he’s constantly strapped now and dortmund haven’t had too hectic playing schedule I think, they even had a full month off after the World Cup.

A lot of the tape used in sports can be more of a preventative or support thing rather than anything too sinister. I think dortmund play him every single game though since he is one of their best players, they need to be careful because if he ends up injury prone he won’t last into his late 20’s at the top level.
---
But it would be different if it were their team winning consistently 🙄 it's just frustrating because the whole game is about winning yet City get called blind for doing exactly that.
There’s 8 points between 1st and 2nd, this time last year it was 3. It’s a lot harder at this stage to close an 8 point gap than a 3 point one, it’s not impossible of course but arsenal being out of every other competition while city are still competing for 3 is definitely a factor. If it was based on current form going forward I would say city would win, but they slipped up too many times previously and it’s allowed arsenal to get a decent head start. It’s just being realistic, city are one of the best teams in the world but for some reason had a few too many dodgy moments which may have ultimately cost them the title.

Reactions: 4
A lot of the tape used in sports can be more of a preventative or support thing rather than anything too sinister. I think dortmund play him every single game though since he is one of their best players, they need to be careful because if he ends up injury prone he won’t last into his late 20’s at the top level.
---

There’s 8 points between 1st and 2nd, this time last year it was 3. It’s a lot harder at this stage to close an 8 point gap than a 3 point one, it’s not impossible of course but arsenal being out of every other competition while city are still competing for 3 is definitely a factor. If it was based on current form going forward I would say city would win, but they slipped up too many times previously and it’s allowed arsenal to get a decent head start. It’s just being realistic, city are one of the best teams in the world but for some reason had a few too many dodgy moments which may have ultimately cost them the title.
6 points last season gameweek 28

Attachments

Reactions: 2
6 points last season gameweek 28
We went into the hardest part of the season with a 3 point gap though, that’s what i’m saying. It’s just my opinion, if you believe that city can win then it shouldn’t matter what others say. Either that or you can play the underdog role which means if city pull it off it will be even better because everyone expected it to be arsenal, that’s what I used to do 🤣 No one’s saying city are a bad team, just that you can’t really afford to slip up the way they have a couple of times this season, one draw rather than a win can be what loses a team the title altogether.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
We went into the hardest part of the season with a 3 point gap though, that’s what i’m saying. It’s just my opinion, if you believe that city can win then it shouldn’t matter what others say. Either that or you can play the underdog role which means if city pull it off it will be even better because everyone expected it to be arsenal, that’s what I used to do 🤣
If someone said to me you forfeit the league title for the champions League trophy I'd 10000000% bite their hand off 🤣🤣

Reactions: 2
If someone said to me you forfeit the league title for the champions League trophy I'd 10000000% bite their hand off 🤣🤣
That’s what i’m wondering, would city fans be that gutted if they lost the league after winning it so many times in recent years? Obviously it would hurt a little bit but if it meant they could focus on the CL I feel like a lot of city fans wouldn’t be that bothered.

least us utd fans can be chuffed they dont get 3 in a row if they stay second

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Let's be honest City need to win the CL. That is all they should be focusing on.

Arsenal winning the league would just be a nice change. But they are still a long way behind City in reality. Mentality, experience, squad depth etc. That all still needs to come for Arsenal.

Reactions: 7
Let's be honest City need to win the CL. That is all they should be focusing on.

Arsenal winning the league would just be a nice change. But they are still a long way behind City in reality. Mentality, experience, squad depth etc. That all still needs to come for Arsenal.
I’m not denying their talent but I do think Arsenal have been very lucky this year that many of the top teams have had a slight drop off. If City, Liverpool & Chelsea carried their form from last season into this one and kept it going the whole year I don’t think Arsenal would be anywhere near the top. It will be interesting to see how they do next year when other clubs strengthen.

Yeah both will drop points before the season ends, both will beat us for a start 🤣
---

Probably because most people don’t care if city wins, they win it every year so rooting for them is pointless as a neutral and a lot of people want someone new, hence the reason they get behind the other team challenging.
Im not a liverpool fan but i think you guys get something at anfield. You have a brilliant record against them there. |ts your away form that has been terrible this year.
---
really random question but I wanna swerve football twitter tbh, is this normal for a player his age? he’s constantly strapped now and dortmund haven’t had too hectic playing schedule I think, they even had a full month off after the World Cup.

Dortmund are known for there horrendous medical team. So him playing with strapping doesnt suprise me.

Im not a liverpool fan but i think you guys get something at anfield. You have a brilliant record against them there. |ts your away form that has been terrible this year.
---

Dortmund are known for there horrendous medical team. So him playing with strapping doesnt suprise me.
I don’t see a win but could maybe get a draw at home. It would be the most Liverpool thing ever to win our next 3 fixtures which are probably the hardest of the season (city, chelsea, arsenal) only to lose to leeds the following week 😭

I’m not denying their talent but I do think Arsenal have been very lucky this year that many of the top teams have had a slight drop off. If City, Liverpool & Chelsea carried their form from last season into this one and kept it going the whole year I don’t think Arsenal would be anywhere near the top. It will be interesting to see how they do next year when other clubs strengthen.
Absolutely, Arsenal's real goal for this season was top 4, not a title challenge. Benefitting from others slipping has helped them, but fair play to them, they have done well.

Arsenal have been very good and I think they’d still be in the top 4, but agreed they’ve been very lucky. Along with the slips ups from other teams, Arsenal have been incredibly lucky that bar Jesus, they’ve had no real injury issues and they’ve been able to play near enough the same team each game. I also think they had a relatively easy start to the season with the teams they played that would’ve given them a boost.

Interested to see whether the international break will have an effect on the European players in the team, say Saka got injured for example.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I think I'm more determined because the smug arsenal fans getting too big for their boots and need humbling 🤣 Most other teams focus on one trophy/title but City go for it in every competition mainly because pep won't accept anything less 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
As Taylor Swift sang
Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, shake it off!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.