Footballers and WAGs #43

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh sod you lot at the top it's all about the relegation fight 🤣 and my god its gonna be a fight 🥊
I’m going to be sick. If we get relegated and pissing West Brom get promoted I’m going to move to some remote forest in Albania and become the woman that kids run from screaming WITCH WITCH

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’m cackling at all the other footballers/wags going to see Chris Brown, meanwhile Grealish is having a wild night out at Ronan Keating 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I’m cackling at all the other footballers/wags going to see Chris Brown, meanwhile Grealish is having a wild night out at Ronan Keating 🤣
From the pic on Sasha's story it looks like he and his mates (and Sasha, I hope) all took their mums to the show for Mother's Day. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I see Mitrovic might be getting an extended ban for his ref pushing incident. Which is good.

Reactions: 8
I see Mitrovic might be getting an extended ban for his ref pushing incident. Which is good.
I hope not tbh. It was wrong to do but people have done the exact same and even worse to refs in the past and didn't have any additional punishment. Once again they need to keep the same energy for everyone and not just pick and chose when they want to be lenient.

Reactions: 3
I hope not tbh. It was wrong to do but people have done the exact same and even worse to refs in the past and didn't have any additional punishment. Once again they need to keep the same energy for everyone and not just pick and chose when they want to be lenient.
We were chatting about this last night and the one that sticks in my mind (obviously) is Paolo Di Canio who, if I recall correctly, got a nine game ban? Edit - sorry it was an 11 game ban.

Reactions: 6
I think they need to be seen as making an example. The recent case with Fernandes 100% should have been a red card, but it was nowhere near as aggressive as Mitrovic was. The only really comparable PL era example is Di Canio in 98, who got 11 games. By the FAs own rules, which is what is applied to grassroots level, its a minimum 16 week suspension. They won't do that, I don't think, but they do need to set an example or grassroots players are going to use this as (even more of) a license to go after refs.

Reactions: 6
I think they need to be seen as making an example. The recent case with Fernandes 100% should have been a red card, but it was nowhere near as aggressive as Mitrovic was. The only really comparable PL era example is Di Canio in 98, who got 11 games. By the FAs own rules, which is what is applied to grassroots level, its a minimum 16 week suspension. They won't do that, I don't think, but they do need to set an example or grassroots players are going to use this as (even more of) a license to go after refs.
I suppose it has to start with someone. Still can’t believe they got 3 red cards in less than a minute 🤣

Reactions: 8
If a book was written on fair and professional play I’m sure rule #1 would be “don’t push the referee” 😭 genuinely can’t get over how dumb any player doing that is, what is/was it ever going to achieve? 🤣

Reactions: 13
tbf to Ronan he's alright live. I saw him at City in the Park in Notts in 2000. He was the headliner & weather was fantastic for a all day festival

Reactions: 7
I have to say I'm surprised that Southgate didn't call anyone up when it was announced that Mount and Rashford had withdrawn from the England squad as surely Ward-Prowse and Watkins would have been ideal candidates to replace them yet Gareth has kept the same squad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.