Footballers and WAGs #43

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to say I'm surprised that Southgate didn't call anyone up when it was announced that Mount and Rashford had withdrawn from the England squad as surely Ward-Prowse and Watkins would have been ideal candidates to replace them yet Gareth has kept the same squad, another decision I find strange is that he has called up Forster to replace Pope because surely the best option would have been Ramsdale.
Ramsdale is already there

Reactions: 5
Ramsdale is already there
So he is I just got confused about the squad as I thought he wasn't called up for some strange reason, I do find it weird that Forster was called up though as surely it would have been better to just have Ramsdale and Pickford as the two goalkeepers. Looking at the squad this time though and it does look really light compared to recent squads especially in the Midfield area.

Reactions: 4
So he is I just got confused about the squad as I thought he wasn't called up for some strange reason, I do find it weird that Forster was called up though as surely it would have been better to just have Ramsdale and Pickford as the two goalkeepers.
UEFA rules say there has to be 3 keepers in the 23 man squad for each match, so Pope had to be replaced. It is odd that Sterling and Mount haven't been replaced (as they have done previously) but I wonder if its because the complete squad has now reduced to only 23 players therefore they don't want to bring in two more and have to drop two for each match?

Reactions: 7
UEFA rules say there has to be 3 keepers in the 23 man squad for each match, so Pope had to be replaced. It is odd that Sterling and Mount haven't been replaced (as they have done previously) but I wonder if its because the complete squad has now reduced to only 23 players therefore they don't want to bring in two more and have to drop two for each match?
I presume that if somebody else gets injured before the match on Thursday then Gareth will replace them, but it just seems odd that he hasn't done it on this occasion.

Reactions: 1
More than what Suarez got for racially abusing someone and all of this while a literal rapist is playing every single week with zero consequences 🤯 If true, make it make sense.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
The precedent is Di Canio, like it or not.
Doesn’t make it any less ridiculous. There’s no outcome where someone should be punished more heavily for pushing a ref than racially abusing someone.

Reactions: 9
I'm glad Mitro will be banned when Fulham play Leeds, but less glad he's banned for when Fulham play West Ham, Everton, Southampton, Bournemouth.

• Haha
More than what Suarez got for racially abusing someone and all of this while a literal rapist is playing every single week with zero consequences 🤯 If true, make it make sense.

That was so long ago it's not really comparable now though. Suarez would most likely have got than 8 matches if it happened now - UEFA rules is a mandatory 10 match ban for racism and the FA guidelines is up to 12 matches. The landscape has moved on considerably since 2011.

I think its harsh on Mitrovic as it's not a particularly violent move, but a longer ban is in line with the FA's principles on respect - yes he's probably being made an example, but that's his own fault.

Reactions: 8
That was so long ago it's not really comparable now though. Suarez would most likely have got than 8 matches if it happened now - UEFA rules is a mandatory 10 match ban for racism and the FA guidelines is up to 12 matches. The landscape has moved on considerably since 2011.

I think its harsh on Mitrovic as it's not a particularly violent move, but a longer ban is in line with the FA's principles on respect - yes he's probably being made an example, but that's his own fault.
Maybe, but I still find it ridiculous that you could get a harsher punishment in 2023 for pushing someone than some of the other tit that players do and somehow get away with regardless of what the rules are, maybe they should reevaluate them.

Just messin with the Man City fans on here. 😂
rude of you to post this when it’s just been announced that haaland has had to withdraw from the norway squad with a groin injury 😭

go choke on marks dick you meany

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I didn’t know he was injured. Isnt that good news for you that he’s not playing for Norway. Most united fans don’t like Goldbridge either you meany.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm praying it's nothing and these 2 weeks he is back to full robot 🤞🤞🤞💙 cmon big man
I think a lot of these “injuries” are more of a precaution. So many players are withdrawing from from these upcoming games, probably minor injuries that they won’t want to risk at a crucial point in the season.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.