Footballers and WAGs #43

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting tidbit from The Athletic yesterday in an article about “Shithousing” and going over to win a free kick etc…

“A current Premier League player, who is speaking on condition of anonymity because of what he goes on to say about one of his own team-mates, agrees with those comments about Fernandes.

“I can’t stand the guy. When I watch him, he makes my blood boil at times. But then I’m more of the opinion that if someone is on your team like that, I still don’t like it. Whereas some people love it (if they’re on the same team).”

The last point is made for good reason — the player has a team-mate who joined the club this season and is testing his patience with his antics.

“He’s forever rolling around. He looks like he’s going to cry at times and then he gets up and sprints. I’m embarrassed by it and I’ve been really close to saying to him after a game, ‘Pack it in now. It’s not working and you’re making yourself look silly’.”

Ultimately, though, that discussion feels more like a job for a manager rather than a player, bearing in mind the issues it could cause in the dressing room.”

Who would qualify here? Richarlison?

Reactions: 11
Interesting tidbit from The Athletic yesterday in an article about “Shithousing” and going over to win a free kick etc…

“A current Premier League player, who is speaking on condition of anonymity because of what he goes on to say about one of his own team-mates, agrees with those comments about Fernandes.

“I can’t stand the guy. When I watch him, he makes my blood boil at times. But then I’m more of the opinion that if someone is on your team like that, I still don’t like it. Whereas some people love it (if they’re on the same team).”

The last point is made for good reason — the player has a team-mate who joined the club this season and is testing his patience with his antics.

“He’s forever rolling around. He looks like he’s going to cry at times and then he gets up and sprints. I’m embarrassed by it and I’ve been really close to saying to him after a game, ‘Pack it in now. It’s not working and you’re making yourself look silly’.”

Ultimately, though, that discussion feels more like a job for a manager rather than a player, bearing in mind the issues it could cause in the dressing room.”

😂😂 Could be any of them! 😂😂 They all do it, some more than others but it's irritating as duck. Whilst they're sitting on the floor crying for a free kick etc, the ball has already gone down the pitch technically leaving the team with 10 players because they're still whinging on the floor. If you're really injured you barely move so if you're not then get up and get on with game. I think players should bring it up tbh. It probably annoys team mates than they think. I know some people don't like him but Roy Keane wouldn't put up with that crap. In fact he'd probably kick them in the shins just to make sure they had something to cry about 😂😂

Reactions: 8
I think the players should be bringing it up to other players if it bothers them - or at least get the captain to have a word about it.

Reactions: 8

Players in every team/league do it, some more than others though. Neymar is the absolute worst for it, he actually gave me second hand embarrassment during the 2018 world cup when he constantly rolled about as if he had just been shot, only to get up and start running 10 seconds later.

Reactions: 5
But what of the player is the captain?
Then possibly the manager or actually say something to the captain. I think it makes the atmosphere worse if they don't say anything because there's a built up resentment that doesn't get aired. Not saying they need to nitpick at everything but say how you feel in the right circumstances.

Reactions: 6
Then possibly the manager or actually say something to the captain. I think it makes the atmosphere worse if they don't say anything because there's a built up resentment that doesn't get aired. Not saying they need to nitpick at everything but say how you feel in the right circumstances.
Yeah agree but you know sometimes and sorry to pick on Man U but look at Ronaldo dare anyone say anything against him? Yeah they should be there is a fear factor of something coming back at you. Sad to say but true. Yes the atmosphere can get worse of things aren't said and no one wants to be in a toxic environment as most teams already have high pressure on them anyway.

Reactions: 7
Yeah agree but you know sometimes and sorry to pick on Man U but look at Ronaldo dare anyone say anything against him? Yeah they should be there is a fear factor of something coming back at you. Sad to say but true. Yes the atmosphere can get worse of things aren't said and no one wants to be in a toxic environment as most teams already have high pressure on them anyway.
Yeah true. I think that's where the manager should step in really. It's a problem with ego's like Ronaldo etc. They regard themselves as god like and people don't stand up to them. I feel like someone like Harry Kane would speak to you on a different level than someone like Ronaldo. Problem is though people are afraid to say how they feel for being accused as a bully so they just internalise it and the resentment builds up.

Could be absolutely any of them tbf. Easier to rule out who it isn’t 🤣. They all play act.

I did instantly think of Richarlison though with the “this season” comment.

Reactions: 5
Could be absolutely any of them tbf. Easier to rule out who it isn’t 🤣. They all play act.

I did instantly think of Richarlison though with the “this season” comment.
Isn't there someone at Tottenham that doesn't like him? Or had trouble with him previously. I remember seeing something when he joined shaking hands with someone already on the team who had a bit of aggro with him in the past?
---
Ozil has retired

Last edited:
I've spent way to much time joking about Eric Dier in here.
last Nights dream he showed me a pic of dogsitter asking if I knew her name, I replied your fiancee he was then shocked I knew he was engaged :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I've spent way to much time joking about Eric Dier in here.
last Nights dream he showed me a pic of dogsitter asking if I knew her name, I replied your fiancee he was then shocked I knew he was engaged :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:
Did you tell him she is a jinx?😄

• Haha
Totally agree. Hope I am wrong but i think its A risky move and might cause disruption
maybe I'm just an awful person (and sorry to any french people reading this) but i sort of hope it does cause disruption. some of the drama and theatrics that has come out of the french national team in the past few years has been comedy gold. probably not so funny if you support them though

ooh, i live for ""mysteries""/guessing games like this! do we reckon these quotes are fully in the player's words? if so, i think you can make some inferences based on the specific language used. there are parts which don't fully sound like a native speaker to me, but the player is also using common sayings, so if they didn't grow up here, maybe they've lived in the UK for a long time? "forever rolling around" and "pack it in now" sounds more northern to me?

Last edited:
if true what do any Man U fans on the thread make of this?

We’re going to see so many more club takeovers in the next 5-10 years I think.

• Sad
if true what do any Man U fans on the thread make of this?

We’re going to see so many more club takeovers in the next 5-10 years I think.
It doesn't sit well with me tbh. I love the team, I always have but being linked to Qatar especially after everything leading up to and surrounding the world cup, I don't know what make of it really 🤷🏼‍♀️ I wish it was someone else but they're probably the only ones who can afford what the Glazers are asking

Reactions: 12
Just been watching the England arrival video. When the lady who greats the players hugs Declan Rice she said "waiting for the dog sitter"
Don't tell me it now Declan turn to look after Anna!
This would of be comedy gold if she had said it to Eric Dier 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.