Footballers and Wags #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whaaat Liverpool always do You’ll Never Walk Alone so Why do people think it’s disrespectful? If they were singing like a song for one of their players over the tribute yeah that would be out of line but YNWA is meant as a show of support surely? What a reach!.
To be fair it was mainly just idiots on twitter who were probably trying to be edgy for likes, but it’s still so weird and it’s even funnier because they claim that we are “always the victims” yet were moaning over that. When we sang it after Ronaldo’s little baby passed away he said himself that him & his family were grateful for it and would never forget it, so to imply that it was sang for any other reason than out of pure respect is ridiculous.

Reactions: 10
duck, I didn’t realise his family were at the game 💔 I’ve seen a few people saying it was disrespectful for us to sing YNWA because we were apparently trying to make it all about us, but surely anyone with a brain knows it was done out of respect. One listen to the lyrics of the song and they should see that, I can’t stop thinking about his children 😔

I saw that at the beginning. Was that his wife too. Can't imagine the pain they're going through 😞😢
Personally I don't like it when crowds clap or sing when they're doing a mark of respect. I understand why they do it but I prefer a moment of silence. But that's just me.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
How much longer do we think Chelsea will stick with potter?? Surely boehly is getting pissed at the fact he has shoved all this money on signings an not got a win yet

Reactions: 9
How much longer do we think Chelsea will stick with potter?? Surely boehly is getting pissed at the fact he has shoved all this money on signings an not got a win yet
No one’s going to work though if they aren’t getting a say in signings. You can sign all the players you want but if they aren’t gelling it’s pointless

Reactions: 12
I think if Chelsea don't make it though to the champions league quarter-final then Potter will be sacked, and that is if they don't get a heavy beating by Spurs next Sunday. So less then a month if that.

Reactions: 6
I saw that at the beginning. Was that his wife too. Can't imagine the pain they're going through 😞😢
Personally I don't like it when crowds clap or sing when they're doing a mark of respect. I understand why they do it but I prefer a moment of silence. But that's just me.
See I actually prefer a minutes applause than a minutes silence, means you are celebrating the life of the person. The newcastle fans started the applause as well and the rest just followed on, I thought it was a really nice moment. A few people said the same that they would have preferred a minute silence but at the end of the day it was still a nice & respectful tribute with luckily no idiots.

Reactions: 10
Big big 3 points for Everton today. Annoyingly the other results didn’t go our way again but out of the relegation zone!!

Leeds were awful

Ps name me a better value signing than Seamus Coleman, £60k, 401 appearances, £150 per appearance.
Was alwAys going to be about who wanted it more. Turns out, we didn't want it at all :D

• Haha
Reactions: 4
duck, I didn’t realise his family were at the game 💔 I’ve seen a few people saying it was disrespectful for us to sing YNWA because we were apparently trying to make it all about us, but surely anyone with a brain knows it was done out of respect. One listen to the lyrics of the song and they should see that, I can’t stop thinking about his children 😔

I think the issue (from what I’ve read on twitter from newcastle fans anyway!) was that it was supposed to be a minutes silence but then there was clapping and YNWA, so I guess it just wasn’t made clear whether the moment was meant to be silent or a minutes applause! I hate YNWA anyway (i hated it in Carousel too lol) but I get why it was sang. I guess it just depends on the moment

Reactions: 3
I think the issue (from what I’ve read on twitter from newcastle fans anyway!) was that it was supposed to be a minutes silence but then there was clapping and YNWA, so I guess it just wasn’t made clear whether the moment was meant to be silent or a minutes applause! I hate YNWA anyway (i hated it in Carousel too lol) but I get why it was sang. I guess it just depends on the moment
Nope, newcastle were the ones who clapped first so it was never going to be a minutes silence from then on. Anyway, i’m just glad everyone was respectful and that his family were there to see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Nope, newcastle were the ones who clapped first so it was never going to be a minutes silence from then on. Anyway, i’m just glad everyone was respectful and that his family were there to see it.
That’s what I meant sorry, not phrased properly by me 😅 Newcastle fans clapped/there was clapping and it went from there! It obviously wasn’t clear from the offset whether it was applause or silence, I thought I’d heard moments silence on tv like, but I personally wouldn’t be having a go at Liverpool fans or calling it disrespectful. *I get why people would be annoyed though but it really doesn’t need to be that deep*

I was surprised his family were there tbh, I’d of thought they’d of been in Turkey too or living with him unless they stayed living in Newcastle whilst he played. When they showed them on the tv, that made me really sad

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.