Footballers and Wags #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not to be insensitive, I’m not English, but if the Queen dies is the football postponed this weekend?

Reactions: 3
Not to be insensitive, I’m not English, but if the Queen dies is the football postponed this weekend?
think you’ll find most footy fans (well us up north anyways) aren’t royalists whatsoever and will boo the national anthem. a lot of working class areas aren’t too keen on the monarcy nor are they nationalists, especially considering the atrocities the tory government have not only allowed to happen but were the driving force behind, and not just now but going way back to the 80’s. there was large scale poverty and hardship in a lot of northern cities which the government was indifferent to. why should we show respect and support to the monarchy and a regime that clearly has never shown us support?

don’t really like to get into politics online because it can get heated - so will only say this…football almost certainly will not get cancelled but there may be a silence at the start of each game to honor the queen and i’m not shy about saying i wouldn’t honor it myself (also duck the tories up the bum with no lube)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
think you’ll find most footy fans (well us up north anyways) aren’t royalists whatsoever and will boo the national anthem. a lot of working class areas aren’t too keen on the monarcy nor are they nationalists, especially considering the atrocities the tory government have not only allowed to happen but were the driving force behind, and not just now but going way back to the 80’s. there was large scale poverty and hardship in a lot of northern cities which the government was indifferent to. why should we show respect and support to the monarchy and a regime that clearly has never shown us support?

don’t really like to get into politics online because it can get heated - so will only say this…football almost certainly will not get cancelled but there may be a silence at the start of each game to honor the queen and i’m not shy about saying i wouldn’t honor it myself (also duck the tories up the bum with no lube)
Nahh, I know many football fans who aren’t like that at all. I think you’ll find that there’s a huge mixture of opinions and you can’t really just sum up the views of a whole country, unless you’ve spoken to everyone???! The sweeping generalisations people make on her do make me 🤣

what I do find is a lot of football fans and young lads especially have a massive lack of empathy, death isn’t something to joke about but already the Twitter lads are out with the memes!

Reactions: 8

Regardless of if you like the Royal family, but not honouring a minutes silence for a 96yr old woman, jeez its not like she's Hitler

• Heart
Reactions: 15
BBC news have suspended programming… on TV schedule I think she might have already passed away

• Sad
Reactions: 6
There is some reference to sporting events being postponed if you read about the plans, though its very vague. I'd expect any taking place on the day off the funeral will be postponed for sure, but say she died today or tomorrow I'd assume it will be black armbands and minutes silence at the weekend?

Reactions: 2
Nahh, I know many football fans who aren’t like that at all. I think you’ll find that there’s a huge mixture of opinions and you can’t really just sum up the views of a whole country, unless you’ve spoken to everyone???! The sweeping generalisations people make on her do make me 🤣
read my post - i said most footy fans up north - how is that me summing up the views of a whole country 🤷🏻‍♀️

read my post - i said most footy fans up north - how is that me summing up the views of a whole country 🤷🏻‍♀️
True you did say that but, Up North is still a sweeping generalisation, anyway moving on …

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Before there’s an embargo on non-somber content… This tickled me. Love that they managed to find a posh fan of ours too for ‘balance’.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It will be insensitive if football fans boo any tribute to the queen, however I don’t have any issues with them booing the national anthem up until now. Especially after the way some cities & communities have been treated over the years by those higher up.

I also think some games might be postponed based on this but i’m not sure?

• Heart
Regardless of if you like the Royal family, but not honouring a minutes silence for a 96yr old woman, jeez its not like she's Hitler
maybe i was a bit harsh - i can certainly feel sympathy on a basic human decency level and i certainly feel sorry for her family, she is, after all, a mother, grandmother etc.

but i’m not going to change my own personal views on the monarchy and what it stands for.

• Heart
maybe i was a bit harsh - i can certainly feel sympathy on a basic human decency level and i certainly feel sorry for her family, she is, after all, a mother, grandmother etc.

but i’m not going to change my own personal views on the monarchy and what it stands for.
I couldn’t agree more. I strongly dislike the royals and all that they stand for, however I can also appreciate that this is someone’s mother, grandmother etc and be respectful of that. I’ve already seen the gammons on twitter either blaming Meghan Markle or saying she shouldn’t be allowed to go and see the queen in her last moments 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 9

oh I wouldnt want you to, just seemed abit harsh that bit

I couldn’t agree more. I strongly dislike the royals and all that they stand for, however I can also appreciate that this is someone’s mother, grandmother etc and be respectful of that. I’ve already seen the gammons on twitter either blaming Meghan Markle or saying she shouldn’t be allowed to go and see the queen in her last moments 🙄
twitter is a cesspit - i feel sorry for meghan in this situation because she’s already dealt with enough from the british public and the press and i dread to think about what hate she’ll get over the coming weeks.

• Heart
twitter is a cesspit - i feel sorry for meghan in this situation because she’s already dealt with enough from the british public and the press and i dread to think about what hate she’ll get over the coming weeks.
I feel awful for her. As someone who’s actually been an fan of Meghan since before she even met Harry it’s really sad to see how much the british public have broke her down over the years. She can’t win either way, if she doesn’t go and visit she’s heartless but if she does she’s attention seeking.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yep - Twitter is horrific. Some of the people on there are either saddos desperate for attention or edge lords.

I’m indifferent to the royals… I truly hope if the queen has passed it was peaceful and her family got to say goodbye. I never got to say goodbye to my nana so i can empathise but i don’t get why people act like Meghan Markles personally responsible. In the nicest way, She’s just a woman lol. People have to chill

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.