Food and Drink #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Brilliant šŸ‘

Hey, I remembered, fleetingly, the dream FACT for you all. Then I forgot. It was about 90 seconds ago. Things going well for me. Trying to recapture it. #fml
---

HOORAY I'VE REMEMBERED.

Fun fact: in Summer, Australia has five different time zones.

There's no way I dreamed this. I must have thought of it prior to falling asleep last Saturday or Sunday. I assure you, my dreams are wild. Just last night I dreamed once again of "my best ever user predator narcisstic friend in the whole wide world" (with whom I ended all contact in 2018 and whom I wish I'd never met when I was 17) and, once again, he took over everything in my dream and made it his, including breaking some antiques I wish I owned.

As always, I appreciate you guys for not reporting me for tedium and or vacuity.

In conclusion: during the Summer months of the Southern Hemisphere, Australia has five different time zones.
How many are there in winter, then?

Reactions: 10
Hello Frauen, sorry to be the bringer of sad vibes but ā€¦

mr em dumped me on Sunday completely out of the blue. Said he doesnā€™t love me anymore. Iā€™ve been totally pathetic since, canā€™t work, get out of bed, stop crying. I know it will pass in time but right now itā€™s SO HARD and my self worth is rock bottom. I feel like Iā€™m just fundamentally unlovable (an ex once told me that) and I just cannot get it together. I saw no warning signs, nothing. Please tell me dating at 35+ isnā€™t going to be a complete nightmare. I thought mr em was my future šŸ˜•I feel like my whole world has imploded on me
So sorry. Iā€™ve been there and can sometimes still feel the shock of it. But 30 years later I can say that older dating gets better. Donā€™t listen to the voice that says youā€™re worthless. Easier said than done I know. Have fun on your own for a while once the shock passes x

• Heart
Reactions: 25

mr em dumped me on Sunday completely out of the blue. Said he doesnā€™t love me anymore. Iā€™ve been totally pathetic since, canā€™t work, get out of bed, stop crying. I know it will pass in time but right now itā€™s SO HARD and my self worth is rock bottom. I feel like Iā€™m just fundamentally unlovable (an ex once told me that) and I just cannot get it together. I saw no warning signs, nothing. Please tell me dating at 35+ isnā€™t going to be a complete nightmare. I thought mr em was my future šŸ˜•I feel like my whole world has imploded on me
ā™„ well I think youā€™re really nice. And you should have a good Idahoan-fuelled wallow for the rest of the week.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Just to clarify it was a different ex who said it but itā€™s like the most recent ex falling out of love kind of confirms it, ya know? I know it happens, and itā€™s horrible, but itā€™s not his fault really. It just hurts a bleeping lot right now. Crying at all your kind responses, thank you. Iā€™ve not felt like eating, mashed potato or otherwise, and youā€™ll be pleased to hear Iā€™ve changed pjs a grand total of once since Sunday. I canā€™t sleep and have zero energy. The šŸ¶ ladies have been lovely but even that presents a problem in that Maisie is both of ours. And we were due to buy together later this year. My work have kindly given me leave this week as I donā€™t think patients need me sobbing over them! Iā€™m genuinely heartbroken.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
ā™„ well I think youā€™re really nice. And you should have a good Idahoan-fuelled wallow for the rest of the week.
I was in the same situation a couple of years ago, it is the worst feeling. This sounds awful but in a way after a really bad breakup like this I felt worse than I did when my grandma who I was very close to died. When someone (who is old and has lived a good life) dies it is obviously awful but it is something you do see coming and you are , in a way prepared, an out of the blue breakup is not at all like that. Sending ā¤ and virtual tunnocks teacakes. If you can I would maybe take some time off work to rest (I called in sick when I was in the same situation tbh)

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I was in the same situation a couple of years ago, it is the worst feeling. This sounds awful but in a way after a really bad breakup like this I felt worse than I did when my grandma who I was very close to died. When someone (who is old and has lived a good life) dies it is obviously awful but it is something you do see coming and you are , in a way prepared, an out of the blue breakup is not at all like that. Sending ā¤ and virtual tunnocks teacakes. If you can I would maybe take some time off work to rest (I called in sick when I was in the same situation tbh)
This - my dad passed in 2018 and it was expected so it was sad but I knew it was coming. This has totally blindsided me.

• Heart
I'm so sorry, @EllaEm87 - I have a decent-sized muck heap here if you need somewhere to hide the body x

• Haha
  • Heart

I'm so sorry :( What a piece of tit. But you have plenty of time to live your best life with someone who actually values you and doesn't string you along. I got together with Mr Beacon at 39 after a nightmare time with my ex husband who nearly destroyed me and my 40s have been AMAZING, best decade of my life so far tbh. But only because I finally put me first, figured out what's important to me and pursued the life I wanted to live. You are lovable and you will be loved x

• Heart
@EllaEm87

Hello lovely, biiiiiiiiiiig hugs! I know you feel like absolute tit now, I've pretty much been in your exact shoes, it's a really bleeping tit feeling. And it's going to feel crappy for a while yet, but it's ok, let the emotions out, it's grief, sadness, anger and abandonment, they're awful emotions to have running through your head and body, so do yourself a favour and give yourself the time for your mind and body to process that.

I promise you, completely, utterly, hand on heart, girl scout guide, pinky promise you that you'll one day feel grateful to him. No lie. I know. Sounds like utter madness. But, nope. You'll be grateful that he did walk away when he did, he gave you the chance to live your life and find someone worthy of your love and time. It really hurts now, I must sound like a silly sod, but seriously, you will.

Have a good cry, have a good rant, curse his bleeping name, but look after yourself too! Remember to drink lots of water, eat something (even if it's a nibble of a biscuit), watch tit movies, and think about the positives.

ā¤You do deserve love and you are lovable. ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Thank you @Falkor , @MavisBeacon and @Orphan_Black . I know weā€™ve aaaall been here in some form which is why I decided to share here. Iā€™ve been here before but this time itā€™s just hitting a bit different because I genuinely thought we were good. Iā€™m swinging between anger and intense sadness, and sheer loneliness (I donā€™t have a huge friendship group). Iā€™m feeling a collective warm group hug / gentle pats from you all xx

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Thank you @Falkor , @MavisBeacon and @Orphan_Black . I know weā€™ve aaaall been here in some form which is why I decided to share here. Iā€™ve been here before but this time itā€™s just hitting a bit different because I genuinely thought we were good. Iā€™m swinging between anger and intense sadness, and sheer loneliness (I donā€™t have a huge friendship group). Iā€™m feeling a collective warm group hug / gentle pats from you all xx

Imagine if he had fucked off in a years time instead. You'd have been tied to a home together that would need to be sold, so much upheaval, lawyers, probably resentment too. Ergh.

But don't feel lonely, we've got your back, and there are dozens, DOZENS, of fraus, pretty damn big friendship group imo. ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 25
@Orphan_Black speaks the truth. Far better for him to go now and save you having to untangle a house etc. It won't feel like a good thing in the slightest but it is best in the long run for you and your future. You're still so young. And there is so much life to live. It isn't always what we imagined but you're healthy and you're cool and you're funny.

Cry and sit and feel however you need, we are all here ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 21

I'm so sorry he did that to you, also your other ex sounds like a copper-bottomed, ocean-going wanker, what a horrible thing to say to someone. FWIW, I met Mr WitchfinderS when I was in my 40s, we met on Twitter of all places.

This chat is a lovely friendly place, I don't think anyone needs to apologise for "bringing sad vibes" or "being boring" or being ill.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Oh no. Very sorry to hear this.

I can't really give dating advice, since I'm 37 and have been single for ages (~11 years), and to be honest at this point it's hard to imagine having a partner (not counting my occasional falling in love with people who have an incompatible sexual orientation, as detailed several times).

• Heart
Reactions: 17
everyone's said it better than i can, but just to say ā¤ to ella

in one of my typical completely 180 posts, i can't stop watching this mystic meg clip that's been doing the rounds. for our overseas and young fraus, this was the height of 90s british culture. the woman who did horoscopes in the sun, predicting who will win the lottery. here, for some reason, with a pair of topless men

feat anthea turner, of course best known for making tracy island out of papier mache on blue peter and having her wedding sponsored by cadburys

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
everyone's said it better than i can, but just to say ā¤ to ella

in one of my typical completely 180 posts, i can't stop watching this mystic meg clip that's been doing the rounds. for our overseas and young fraus, this was the height of 90s british culture. the woman who did horoscopes in the sun, predicting who will win the lottery. here, for some reason, with a pair of topless men

feat anthea turner, of course best known for making tracy island out of papier mache on blue peter and having her wedding sponsored by cadburys

Had to explain who she was once to a colleague from overseas because sheā€™d heard people using the ā€œwho do you think I am, mystic Meg?ā€ response. It was surprisingly hard and a reminder of how bonkers some bits of 90s Brit culture truly was!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Yep, thatā€™s the one, and agree. @bracrumbs - constant videoing of someone who canā€™t consent was also making me feel uneasy. And just a couple of comments about her daughter too. Glad itā€™s not just me, I was feeling mean for thinking it because thereā€™s overwhelming adoration for her on twittersville. Donā€™t doubt for a minute that her situation is hard but just something feels off.

To stop detailing the off topic thread - I think my death row meal would really depend on my mood. A fabulous seafood platter, or massive butterfly prawns in some sort of Thai dish.
Orā€¦ something very cheesy and greasy. Either or.
Thread https://tattle.life/threads/bigbearwishlistmamah.37867/

Reactions: 4
This chat is a lovely friendly place, I don't think anyone needs to apologise for "bringing sad vibes" or "being boring" or being ill.
100% this Witchy!

@EllaEm87 Ugh that really sucks. Like a lot of us, Iā€™ve been there, itā€™s SO hard, especially when itā€™s out of nowhere. I felt so sad it literally hurt.

It does get better (and I donā€™t blame you if youā€™re secretly thinking. ā€œno it wonā€™t, you guys donā€™t understand!). It takes time, but weā€™re here for you. In time, youā€™ll get to see the nice side of being single, it really can be great. Please take extra good care of yourself. Oh, and of course youā€™re loveable, youā€™re such a diamond x

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.