Food and Drink #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
their shepherd is murdered and his flock, led by the cleverest sheep called Miss Maple, set out to solve the murder. And there's a little sheep drawing on the bottom corner of each right-hand page so if you flick through the book it jumps.
Me on the Amazon website right now -

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The current title of the Jack Monroe thread is reminding me of this song:

(Specifically the lyrics "the plans were never finalised / but left to hang like yarn and twine / dangling before my eyes", obviously. The rest of the lyrics are a bit grim and somewhat pretentious, so be WARNED)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Talking of animal detectives, there are a series of books by Lillian Jackson Braun about two Siamese cats, koko and yum yum , who solve crimes, very easy gentle reading. I used to scare myself witless with psychology thrillers and these were my antidote

• Heart
Reactions: 17
i may have slept in till 12, but makeup, proper clothes and laundry all ✅✅✅ today. little wins and all that

just anxious for my phone call from the dr tomorrow 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Have just returned from yr8 into 9 options with my youngest and feel the PE teacher didn't get the marketing memo. Well you get an extra PE lesson but the theory is quite hard is not a ringing endorsement.
My boys school let them pick 6 options in yr 9 in the hope they will be more engaged in lessons than if they continue doing subjects they have little interest in. At the moment youngest has picked Music, media studies, food tech, electronics, pre GCSE PE and introduction to business studies. His big brother is telling him these are wrong as he did different ones completely overlooking that whilst he is academic in a traditional sense his brother learns best from doing things

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Sharing my favourite female poet today. By some weird coincidence with German subtitles.
I feel like this tale end of Winter is horrid for feeling ill, sure everyone is low on resources and sunlight.
I read a really good biography of her - by Diane Wood Middleton. She was very very BPD poor thing.

There’s also a really amazing soul/funk singer called Ann Sexton.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
anyhoo, i have a mash-based dinner on the way. not idahoan, lidl fresh readymade ❤

then the piano, then the last ep of ofmd.

(which actually i sneakily watched on iplayer the other day on my phone and took loads of screenshots and this is why my phone has no memory left 🙃 there will be tears before bedtime 🏴‍☠️)

this is a good evening and there's the potential for mr kcc getting a snow day tomorrow!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I thought I’d be a bit organised and air fry some cheese and ham pancake things to eat cold when I’m feeding the twins , or when I get the 4 am nightsnack urge. Grazed on the contents of the fridge ( mainly cheese strings and cucumber ) while waiting for the first batch of 5 to cook. Absent mindedly ate all 5 while waiting for the next batch to cook 🤦🏼‍♀️ plated up the remaining 5 in a Tupperware box . Ate those 5 within 5 minutes of being away from the kitchen 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
True, my frustration at myself wasn’t so much the amount eaten, more the fact that when I likely get hungry again in a few hours, I’m going to have to brave the freezing cold kitchen again 🙂
Bring air fryer in!
I think you need a night snacks stand. Get a box and fill it with granola bars, lentil chips, cup a soups, ambient snacks. Then an area you can leave stuff for a few hours, get an insulated lunchbag and chuck cheese and cocktails sausages or ham and all that, bit of bread, pickles whatever.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Talking of animal detectives, there are a series of books by Lillian Jackson Braun about two Siamese cats, koko and yum yum , who solve crimes, very easy gentle reading. I used to scare myself witless with psychology thrillers and these were my antidote
I've completed them, mate!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
no, you just ate 2 bags of skips, dipping them in soft cheese, after midnight, knowing you have to be up early for your gp call 🙃

20230309_003352.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I always struggle to think of ideas for lunch. What does everybody else have during the week? 🤔

Reactions: 9
I'm having a bit of an off day today so I'm self-medicating with some chicks, a hen and a cat who must be the sweetest thing in the world sharing her body heat with the bebe chicks.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
i know you're veggie, but a ham sandwich dipped into a golden veg cup a soup is absolute bliss

and followed by a happy hippo?? bleeping great idea!
I reckon a seriously strong lighter cheese spread buttie would be a good alternative
I keep alternating between original then cocoa Hippos

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.