Food and Drink #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bring air fryer in!
I think you need a night snacks stand. Get a box and fill it with granola bars, lentil chips, cup a soups, ambient snacks. Then an area you can leave stuff for a few hours, get an insulated lunchbag and chuck cheese and cocktails sausages or ham and all that, bit of bread, pickles whatever.
I did have a bag of dried fruit , cereal bars and some awful tasting veggie “ jerky” but I underestimated how much I would get through so it only lasted a few days rather than the 10 or so days I was expecting. I’m a bit reluctant to bring any perishables or equipment into my bedroom but a nightsnack stand does sound like a good idea
no, you just ate 2 bags of skips, dipping them in soft cheese, after midnight, knowing you have to be up early for your gp call 🙃

View attachment 2014813
excellent snack pairing. Are you a trained snack sommelier or just a talented enthusiast? ( if snack sommeliers aren’t a thing, please can we invent them ?) hope the call goes ok ❤
Golden Vegetable cup a soup and a kinder Happy Hippo
have you tried the kinder cards ? There is less chocolate as there’s no outer layer but there is a superior wafer to creme ratio imo as it’s consistent rather than the hippo/buenos domes of creme .

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I did have a bag of dried fruit , cereal bars and some awful tasting veggie “ jerky” but I underestimated how much I would get through so it only lasted a few days rather than the 10 or so days I was expecting. I’m a bit reluctant to bring any perishables or equipment into my bedroom but a nightsnack stand does sound like a good idea

excellent snack pairing. Are you a trained snack sommelier or just a talented enthusiast? ( if snack sommeliers aren’t a thing, please can we invent them ?) hope the call goes ok ❤

have you tried the kinder cards ? There is less chocolate as there’s no outer layer but there is a superior wafer to creme ratio imo as it’s consistent rather than the hippo/buenos domes of creme .
I did try a card and I liked it. I’m a bit addicted to the bueno hazelnut spread though. I tried the Lidl bueno and they were amazing, too. I’m pinning my hopes on a visit to Desserts By Dre’s new shop when next in Lpool

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Snack sommelier for the win!!!

Best wishes KCC, hope you're feeling better soonest

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Kinder cards are top tier 😍

I treated myself to a sistema lunch box with all these cool little compartments and a couple of days this week I've had rice cakes and cream cheese with everything bagel seasoning, chargrilled chicken, radishes grapes and a couple of cookies. I love the compartments and keeping all of my foods separate 🤓

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I always struggle to think of ideas for lunch. What does everybody else have during the week? 🤔
Open sandwiches. Carrot and hummus is a great one. Something about piling on the salad or leftover roast veges or meat or tinned tuna and eating them with both hands makes them more delicious and substantial to my eye brain and stomach

I always struggle to think of ideas for lunch. What does everybody else have during the week? 🤔
Roasted veg (this week I have sweet potato, parsnip, carrot, red onion) and/or chicken, cous cous, sweet chilli sauce. Make a load at the start of the week and it lasts well in the fridge.

Best lunch I had recently was like a home made version of a veggie banh mi. I got the tofoo company sriracha tofu and fried a couple of slices then put it in a baguette with mushroom pate, quick pickled cucumber and carrot strips and fresh coriander and mint and a bit of actual sriracha. If id had some plum sauce I would have put a bit of that in too but I didn’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Could you please come and make my lunches, skronky? That sounds incredible. Working from home has made me rubbish at lunches. I sort of drift around and grab a bit of whatever: sometimes muesli, sometimes toast, sometimes apple slices with peanut butter, sometimes as many Maltesers as fit in my gob (and I’ve got a big gob🍉). Would definitely benefit from more structure, although I get it together for teatime. Miss the lunchbox days, but not the job that fitted around them.

Reactions: 13
a snack sommelier! now that would be ace!

well, having woken up nice and early for my phone call, i of course nodded off again then woke to see a missed call from the gp. so i went for a wee to consider my next move

and so, inevitably, that's when he tried again. so I've been signed off for another week. while sitting half nekkid on the bog 🙃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Best lunch I had recently was like a home made version of a veggie banh mi. I got the tofoo company sriracha tofu and fried a couple of slices then put it in a baguette with mushroom pate, quick pickled cucumber and carrot strips and fresh coriander and mint and a bit of actual sriracha. If id had some plum sauce I would have put a bit of that in too but I didn’t.
Brilliant 👏

Hey, I remembered, fleetingly, the dream FACT for you all. Then I forgot. It was about 90 seconds ago. Things going well for me. Trying to recapture it. #fml
---
Brilliant 👏

Hey, I remembered, fleetingly, the dream FACT for you all. Then I forgot. It was about 90 seconds ago. Things going well for me. Trying to recapture it. #fml
HOORAY I'VE REMEMBERED.

Fun fact: in Summer, Australia has five different time zones.

There's no way I dreamed this. I must have thought of it prior to falling asleep last Saturday or Sunday. I assure you, my dreams are wild. Just last night I dreamed once again of "my best ever user predator narcisstic friend in the whole wide world" (with whom I ended all contact in 2018 and whom I wish I'd never met when I was 17) and, once again, he took over everything in my dream and made it his, including breaking some antiques I wish I owned.

As always, I appreciate you guys for not reporting me for tedium and or vacuity.

In conclusion: during the Summer months of the Southern Hemisphere, Australia has five different time zones.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Brilliant 👏

---

HOORAY I'VE REMEMBERED.

Fun fact: in Summer, Australia has five different time zones.

There's no way I dreamed this. I must have thought of it prior to falling asleep last Saturday or Sunday. I assure you, my dreams are wild. Just last night I dreamed once again of "my best ever user predator narcisstic friend in the whole wide world" (with whom I ended all contact in 2018 and whom I wish I'd never met when I was 17) and, once again, he took over everything in my dream and made it his, including breaking some antiques I wish I owned.

As always, I appreciate you guys for not reporting me for tedium and or vacuity.

In conclusion: during the Summer months of the Southern Hemisphere, Australia has five different time zones.
But ... but... you promised us CATS Wooh

• Haha
Just heard that Mystic Meg has passed so naturally I checked in on psychic Slopbot . Don’t think he’s that bothered!
DECB2CBC-7BBF-4D1A-8F32-26335F01C37A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Hello Frauen, sorry to be the bringer of sad vibes but …

mr em dumped me on Sunday completely out of the blue. Said he doesn’t love me anymore. I’ve been totally pathetic since, can’t work, get out of bed, stop crying. I know it will pass in time but right now it’s SO HARD and my self worth is rock bottom. I feel like I’m just fundamentally unlovable (an ex once told me that) and I just cannot get it together. I saw no warning signs, nothing. Please tell me dating at 35+ isn’t going to be a complete nightmare. I thought mr em was my future 😕I feel like my whole world has imploded on me

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46

mr em dumped me on Sunday completely out of the blue. Said he doesn’t love me anymore. I’ve been totally pathetic since, can’t work, get out of bed, stop crying. I know it will pass in time but right now it’s SO HARD and my self worth is rock bottom. I feel like I’m just fundamentally unlovable (an ex once told me that) and I just cannot get it together. I saw no warning signs, nothing. Please tell me dating at 35+ isn’t going to be a complete nightmare. I thought mr em was my future 😕I feel like my whole world has imploded on me
I'm sorry to read this and to hear how bad you are feeling. Like you say, it will pass but just take things one day at a time for now, don't worry about dating yet, when you're ready for it it will feel less overwhelming. You are 100% not fundamentally unlovable, your ex sounds like a dick x

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Oh @EllaEm87 that's just horrible. I don't really know what to say except that it's ok to be feeling lost and in pain, but it will get better with time. Try to be kind to yourself, I know that's hard. Sending you lots of love, and hugs if you want them ❤

Edit to say I agree with @veryfondoftea your ex sounds like an awful human being from that small fact alone. You are not what some hole in your past said you are! I understand how hard it is to let something like that go though, it gets ingrained into you over time. EllaEm you are worth ALL the loves!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

I’m so sorry to read that. Comments like your ex’s do stick with you but that doesn’t make it true ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21

You are 100% not fundamentally unlovable. I only know you through a screen, and I can tell you are smart, funny, kind, thoughtful and have more awesomeness in your little finger than any former mr Em. All of those qualities make you fall definitely in the loveable category.

You are not being pathetic, you are grieving for the future you thought you would have . Take the time to cry, wallow, comfort eat mashed potato while wearing your grottiest pjs while watching trash tv on repeat, whatever you need to do right now. You are right, it will pass , but that doesn’t mean you should be mean to yourself until it does.

Sending you love and positive energy, and virtual hugs if you would like them . And I hope your ex stubs his little toe on every doorframe he encounters from now until eternity. And that the laundry care label in all his clothing suddenly starts causing that annoying sensory nightmare that feels like Edward scissorhands is tickling him with red hot heated finger blades .

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28

My love - I’m so sorry and sending love. No one is unloveable not even a complete head who says things like that to someone else, sorry to be rude about them but sounds like they’re projecting some tit, lack accountability, and are centred in ego which is a miserable existence to have. Who tf are they to class anyone as unloveable? The bleeping love jury? What a bleeping loser chuck that sentence straight in the bin.

I haven’t dated or even gotten to 35+ lol so no help there but honestly the tit I read on mums groups you’re so so so so so much better off with a quality angel of a partner that comes later than you’d wanted/expected than everything ticked off and some of the vile cretins you read about. I know not everyone wants kids so not suggesting that but anyway, what’s meant for you will not pass you by and you’ll get through this and into better things ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.