Food and Drink #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so sorry :( What a piece of tit. But you have plenty of time to live your best life with someone who actually values you and doesn't string you along. I got together with Mr Beacon at 39 after a nightmare time with my ex husband who nearly destroyed me and my 40s have been AMAZING, best decade of my life so far tbh. But only because I finally put me first, figured out what's important to me and pursued the life I wanted to live. You are lovable and you will be loved x
100% agree with what mrs poshwanker says

Reactions: 12
I love that @MaineCoonMama explained the time zones succinctly and I did a Nerd Report.

I bet MCM would have flushed my head in a toilet in high school 🤣. And I would have said, "Yes, I understand why you did that", while readjusting my non compulsory school beret and glasses

• Haha
Reactions: 19
@Wooh you would have carried a tunnocks at all times and been safe.

Ninnies, when I saw the snow this morning I thought priorities and stuck some massive spuds in the oven, so have just had an 11:15 lunch of cheesy bean jacket. I hope your Friday is as epic.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I am proper ill with the Rona :cry:
Spending the day in bed feeling sorry for myself, reading tattle and watching YouTube

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I’m a long-time lurker on here and the MT and I always really love reading all your chat but am usually too far behind to contribute. I felt compelled to reply to @EllaEm87 though as I’m going through something similar.

It’s a different set of circumstances in that the warning signs were there. My partner had been telling me for months - via long, long texts - that there were things he was unhappy about and how it was affecting him but we have very different communication styles and I buried my head in the sand and hoped that everything would magically be okay somehow.

He eventually ended things about a month ago and it’s been the worst time of my life. I feel bereft and then feel guilty for even thinking that it’s similar, especially as a woman I work with recently lost her husband to cancer. My confidence is at rock bottom and I’ve been tearful and achingly sad for much of the time. I’m also a little bit angry that he’s given up on me and on us. He says he still loves me and always will and in many ways, that makes it harder.

Sorry for totally me-railing but your post just really resonated. Like you, I have a small circle of friends and I’ve let those friendships slide in the last few years (I have a daughter from my failed marriage and the only time I don’t have her has been spent with my partner). I know I won’t always feel like this and things will get better but that doesn’t make the here and now any less tit. Sending love.
I’m so sorry. Same on the still loves me but not in love with me. It makes my heart hurt more.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hello Frauen, sorry to be the bringer of sad vibes but …

mr em dumped me on Sunday completely out of the blue. Said he doesn’t love me anymore. I’ve been totally pathetic since, can’t work, get out of bed, stop crying. I know it will pass in time but right now it’s SO HARD and my self worth is rock bottom. I feel like I’m just fundamentally unlovable (an ex once told me that) and I just cannot get it together. I saw no warning signs, nothing. Please tell me dating at 35+ isn’t going to be a complete nightmare. I thought mr em was my future 😕I feel like my whole world has imploded on me
What a horrid situation. My first marriage broke up when I was around 40, my confidence in everything was at an all-time low. Ex husband told me he left because I was boring, dull and unattractive. A couple of years later I met Mr F who is the loveliest person and now I see the whole previous relationship with clarity. You're not unloveable, you've been deceived and treated badly! You are worthy of the best in life. X

• Heart
Reactions: 27
@Wooh you would have carried a tunnocks at all times and been safe.

Ninnies, when I saw the snow this morning I thought priorities and stuck some massive spuds in the oven, so have just had an 11:15 lunch of cheesy bean jacket. I hope your Friday is as epic.
I've got the day off work and have been cooking chili in the slow cooker, so I would say yes, that's pretty epic (y)

Edit to add that said chili is very nice and does not resemble slop.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Omg in the pandemic (or possibly even before? What is time anymore) we got into watching Hollyoaks loool it really draws you in with just how insanely dramatic it is? Like I know eastenders and Corrie have had their murderers but none of them were meeting in coffee shops in the middle of the day to have a blazing row about their crimes, or conducting so many affairs. I think it was a cyber crime storyline that got us hooked it was so ridiculous lol.

It being just before ch4 news was the gateway drug as we’d end up catching the last 5 and thinking wtaf is going on here and before you know it you’re catching the whole episode 😳 couldn’t have it on now LO is in a repeating everything she hears era imagine what an ott villain she’d become
Same, I hadn't watched it since uni days but started again during the pandemic and now I watch it whenever I am at home jn the evenings 😅 what are everyone's dinner plans for this eve? I'm in a celebratory mood as I hVe a much needed week off so bought myself some tapasy style things from the supermarket, too exhausted to cook

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I’m so sorry. Same on the still loves me but not in love with me. It makes my heart hurt more.
Both of you deserve better. Mate of mine had this recently and my other half commented that it's like he realised mid thirties he will never play for England/Glastonbury (delete as appropriate) and panics at a normal life. I do sometimes think men wander round in a cloud of delusion.
My son's think I believe they are locked out of teams and cannot do remote lessons when I know better than to spend my day off arguing and judging by sm everyone is out sledging/getting shouted at to get off the golf course

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’ve got meatballs that need using , and some mini brioche rolls so am going to make some mini sliders . Going to flatten the balls a bit then air fry, then top with cheese , gerkins, some pickled red onion , maybe some form of pork , and burger sauce . Might even go crazy and have a can of beer with it too, if mr D is home . ( feel the need to clarify that if I have a drink, then the ducklings will be dining from their pre-pumped milk stash, not getting beer milkshakes )

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Lovely food plans, all. I peaked early with the spuds but have just made turnovers from some elderly apples and a sheet of puff pastry from the freezer. Only burned the roof of my mouth once, too. This evening will probably be fridge bits with wine for me and Aitch. Thing 2 is having the chicken stew he smelt and couldn’t face last week just as his gastro kicked off 🤢 The leftovers are defrosting and there’s sourdough to go with.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Pork steaks baked with a touch of peppercorn sauce, and med veg couscous. It was 6/10. Still trying to get back to making proper meals and remembering how to cook them!

• Heart
I'm just catching up and wanted to send solidarity to EllaEm because they are big sad feelings, especially when they are somewhat out of the blue and they do take a while to stop hurting - look at how much we can all instantly relate to the horribleness of it all.

I have ten years on you and although I'm Harolded up after I bounced back eventually from my 2 x Enormous Heartbreak I do get a few quite enticing offers now and again so don't write dating off for good. Dick is abundant and never far away. Also your 40s when they get here are great for the switching off the duck-giving switch.

Everything else you can get from good friends - I'm conscious of my single friends more these days and try to be company or help with practical stuff or make them feel less isolated with a text here and there as well as planned stuff and of course because I love having them in my life and I have a great time with them. Every retired woman I know says work doesn't really matter, acquaintances don't really matter, family stuff can be hard, men run off or you outlive them, so friends matter, and you don't need many to get by, you just need one or two really good ones. I found Fridays quite hard to deal with in my single heartbroken days in a city I had only moved to because of my ex, who took all our mutuals with him when he LEFT, because there was such an expanse of time before Monday morning when I could go into the office and talk to (and probably at) people instead of cats again. But I got past that, I found a hobby I enjoyed and a group that came with it and now 80% of my good friends come from that time of picking myself back up and it was all alright again, and you'll be alright again too.

In honour of pie week I'm having a pie for dinner and I was going to do Aunt Bessie's dire potatoes and some frozen peas and sweetcorn and gravy, but duck that I'm just having a pie and a big glass of wine because it is easy and I had a late lunch, so not that hungry but still. Pie is pie.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm just catching up and wanted to send solidarity to EllaEm because they are big sad feelings, especially when they are somewhat out of the blue and they do take a while to stop hurting - look at how much we can all instantly relate to the horribleness of it all.

I have ten years on you and although I'm Harolded up after I bounced back eventually from my 2 x Enormous Heartbreak I do get a few quite enticing offers now and again so don't write dating off for good. Dick is abundant and never far away. Also your 40s when they get here are great for the switching off the duck-giving switch.

Everything else you can get from good friends - I'm conscious of my single friends more these days and try to be company or help with practical stuff or make them feel less isolated with a text here and there as well as planned stuff and of course because I love having them in my life and I have a great time with them. Every retired woman I know says work doesn't really matter, acquaintances don't really matter, family stuff can be hard, men run off or you outlive them, so friends matter, and you don't need many to get by, you just need one or two really good ones. I found Fridays quite hard to deal with in my single heartbroken days in a city I had only moved to because of my ex, who took all our mutuals with him when he LEFT, because there was such an expanse of time before Monday morning when I could go into the office and talk to (and probably at) people instead of cats again. But I got past that, I found a hobby I enjoyed and a group that came with it and now 80% of my good friends come from that time of picking myself back up and it was all alright again, and you'll be alright again too.

In honour of pie week I'm having a pie for dinner and I was going to do Aunt Bessie's dire potatoes and some frozen peas and sweetcorn and gravy, but duck that I'm just having a pie and a big glass of wine because it is easy and I had a late lunch, so not that hungry but still. Pie is pie.
Agree with all of this. Also wanted to add I read an interesting article a while ago by a psychologist I cannot remember who. But basically saying that we always speak about grief in terms of death, but actually a major relationship breakup (romantic or friendship) is exactly the same (and ad I have said in some cases worse) you basically just need to give yourself time to realise/accept that you won't feel okay and that that is normal. Difficult of course, but normal

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I love that @MaineCoonMama explained the time zones succinctly and I did a Nerd Report.

I bet MCM would have flushed my head in a toilet in high school 🤣. And I would have said, "Yes, I understand why you did that", while readjusting my non compulsory school beret and glasses
Oh my, no! I was that nerd with only two friends and no sense of style. I've never been in a physical fight in my life, I tend to say something smart arse then run away.
I'm still nerdy now, just heavily tattooed. Classic Cancerian, I'm soft like a squishy thing under my exoskeleton. 😂

• Heart
Oh my, no! I was that nerd with only two friends and no sense of style. I've never been in a physical fight in my life, I tend to say something smart arse then run away.
I'm still nerdy now, just heavily tattooed. Classic Cancerian, I'm soft like a squishy thing under my exoskeleton. 😂
Isn't it so funny how we all have ideas about each other that are sometimes totally wrong?

Off topic totally (but this is the thread for jt I guess) I remember watching fight club at about 14 and really wanting to get in a fight (never have and realistically now I don't think j want to 😅) has anyone been in one?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Isn't it so funny how we all have ideas about each other that are sometimes totally wrong?

Off topic totally (but this is the thread for jt I guess) I remember watching fight club at about 14 and really wanting to get in a fight (never have and realistically now I don't think j want to 😅) has anyone been in one?
I always get 'you're so well spoken' or 'wow, you're quiet!' Like I'm going to kick doors down and start hitting people and yelling.
I used to try to fight my brothers but they'd just put their hand on my forehead to keep me away while I flailed uselessly. Lmao.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I always get 'you're so well spoken' or 'wow, you're quiet!' Like I'm going to kick doors down and start hitting people and yelling.
I used to try to fight my brothers but they'd just put their hand on my forehead to keep me away while I flailed uselessly. Lmao.
Only fights for me are cats struggling to get food/dreamies out of my hands (losing battle 😅)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.